• Show
Clear All

hmm. ok. which AD do you recommend?
    Dreaming of my first rolex

Comment

Originally posted by whiteface View Post
      Hi there,

Thanks for the kind reply.

(1) The black is $10+k. So $10500 will be an average amount to pay? I am not looking for a bargain price but more of a reasonable price.

(2) I am looking at the blue face with white gold. Again, $30+ k means that $35,000 will be an average amount to pay?

Thanks for the valuable information.
      if u dun mind export set u can get great deals from the forum members who are selling here as rolex warranty are international warranty.u get to save up to S$1K+ but it will be good if u can spend S$107 to get it vertify at rolex centre for a piece of mind.

Or u can even look for pre-owned set here too and the savings will be much greater as the 1st owner absorb much of the depreciation from buying brand new and u does not lose that much if u intending to sell it later for whatsoever reason.

just my 2 cents worth.
      累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Originally posted by relac88
        Buying AD locally will cost more
        europe is cheap as they give vat rebate
        Watch wise, its all the same
        Only diff is service
        If u found anything wrong within 1week purchase most local AD give 1-1 exchange
        Europe AD would probably do the same but u got to fly back to europe
        Is this real? Then why is it termed as 'international warranty'??

Pls advise.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
          if u dun mind export set u can get great deals from the forum members who are selling here as rolex warranty are international warranty.u get to save up to S$1K+ but it will be good if u can spend S$107 to get it vertify at rolex centre for a piece of mind.

Or u can even look for pre-owned set here too and the savings will be much greater as the 1st owner absorb much of the depreciation from buying brand new and u does not lose that much if u intending to sell it later for whatsoever reason.

just my 2 cents worth.

I am only looking to buy from local AD like THG etc. Thanks for the tips though.

Comment

Buying AD locally will cost more
            europe is cheap as they give vat rebate
            Watch wise, its all the same
            Only diff is service
            If u found anything wrong within 1week purchase most local AD give 1-1 exchange
            Europe AD would probably do the same but u got to fly back to europe
            Since when this start?
            I only know Singapore's 'Lemon Law' was passed in Parliament on Mar 2012 and will be in place in 1 Sep 2012.

Comment

before lemon law already has this practise
              anything u found wrong with the watch can go back to same AD 1-1 swap
              of course must not be your own fault eg drop the watch on the floor, and the exchange is at the prerogative of the AD
              meaning they will assess the watch and decide if they want to 1-1 for you
              I see, so is not a simple 1-1 exchange.......

1) Able to give example on a AD will do a 1-1 exchange?
              2) what happen to that "faulty" watch?

Comment

1 for 1 exchange? Never heard. My AD asked me to go to service centre! How to exchange? Some warranty cards require name or date, how to change?

Comment

Time to change AD if they turn u away
                  Also depend on how much they value u as a customer
                  If they know u and u frequent them, they will treat u different from walk in customers
                  Rsc cant change for you, they will just ask you to buy new part and in the process probably scratch your watch while verifying or changing the part
                  That's means double standard is practise here? I will never ever buy from such a AD if i know of such a AD.

Comment

Time to change AD if they turn u away
                    Also depend on how much they value u as a customer
                    If they know u and u frequent them, they will treat u different from walk in customers
                    Rsc cant change for you, they will just ask you to buy new part and in the process probably scratch your watch while verifying or changing the part
                    So no example? Not even "heard say" of an example?

The way I read your posting is a given that local ad will do a 1 to 1 exchange - with no question asked as long not owner fault.
                    Now came customer value, what next? Btw I could have misunderstood your point totally.

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                      1 for 1 exchange? Never heard. My AD asked me to go to service centre! How to exchange? Some warranty cards require name or date, how to change?
                      Have - "overheard in SGRoc - local ad swap 1 to 1 exchange."

Comment

You are right, you are totally not getting it
                        Lol
                        Yes, i miss it totally when it does not make sense.

Comment

It doesnt make sense to you because you have not enjoy such services by your AD, ie if u buy your watches brand new
                          But i may be wrong
                          U might buy your watches preowned?
                          Now all the watches I have are all bought brand new from AD.
                          Maybe I am just lucky, no issue with my watches.

Hope your next one is with issue, so you can share with us your story of 1 to 1 swap.

Comment

Nothing major with the datejust that i swapped in jan2012
                            It was just a minor cosmetic issue, but my AD gladly did the 1-1 swap
                            Yes, to another brand new dj
                            Can share what "minor cosmetic issue" is that?

Comment

It shd be about 10k+

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X