No announcement yet.

Guide : Buying Rolex in Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could any bros who have purchased rolex in korea kindly comment on what to take note and the aforementioned questions? many thanks....

Comment

there's a paneristi called "Kiyong" on Paneristi.com

Originally posted by sunzhi View Post
      could any bros who have purchased rolex in korea kindly comment on what to take note and the aforementioned questions? many thanks....
      You may want to check out his email and PM him for information. He seems to be quite a friendly guy. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        You may want to check out his email and PM him for information. He seems to be quite a friendly guy. Cheers.
        wow, thanks for the help bro will check him out.. cheers...

Comment

Hope I am not too late to answer your question. At the Airport Duty Free, all merchandise is in USD, not Korean Won. There are 2 shops that sells Rolexes. One shop is near to gate 28 (walk to the right after immigration). The other one is at the new terminal (you have to take a train there to get to SQ flight anyway). They preferred to take VISA and will give you additional 5% off the price. The price is already tax free. Not many sport models available unless new stocks comes in that day. During my last trip to Korea in Nov, they only have YM, Daytona WG and EXPII.
          The other option is to Lotte which is one of their AD. The price is after tax but you have to fill in a tax rebate form after the purchase and then you have submit it at the airport.(which not all retailer has this service...look out for tax-free sticker on their glass door).
          Hope this help. Have a good trip to Korea!
          Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520 M
          Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 M
          Rolex GMT-Master I 16700 U
          Rolex Explorer II 16570 Z
          Rolex Air-King 114200 M
          Omega SeaMaster
          Tag Heuer 6000 series, 90's Swatch watches, Seikos and Russian watches

Comment

IN Korea now

Hi Guys, me in Korea now, anyone to share fast updates on where to buy cheaper rollies?
            Thanks
            Last stop than the Airport, i arrives here too early, shop not open in airport. sad.
            IN seoul an recommd?

Comment

Originally posted by williamsgl View Post
              Hope I am not too late to answer your question. At the Airport Duty Free, all merchandise is in USD, not Korean Won. There are 2 shops that sells Rolexes. One shop is near to gate 28 (walk to the right after immigration). The other one is at the new terminal (you have to take a train there to get to SQ flight anyway). They preferred to take VISA and will give you additional 5% off the price. The price is already tax free. Not many sport models available unless new stocks comes in that day. During my last trip to Korea in Nov, they only have YM, Daytona WG and EXPII.
              The other option is to Lotte which is one of their AD. The price is after tax but you have to fill in a tax rebate form after the purchase and then you have submit it at the airport.(which not all retailer has this service...look out for tax-free sticker on their glass door).
              Hope this help. Have a good trip to Korea!
              thanks william for the info. read your post while in korea

Comment

hi guys,

just back frm korea. kinda disappointed. been to 5 ADs (including lotte DFS) bt there is no sport models available. there is only one Explorer II on display in a high-end shopping centre near myeongdong. they are all priced in US$. the displayed price isn't really attractive, didn't check how much discount but using Visa/Master (depends on which AD) will give extra 5% discount. It's difficult to have proper conversation, the SEs that I spoke to know very little English.

thanks for all the help & infos.

cheers...

Comment

Ops sorry replied to the other thread .

http://www.sg-roc.com/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=46

I checked online for visa statement on the 8th they charge 950 and on the 10th they charge 880
                  1675/16610/116234/78240
                  Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                  Hublot BB ASF
                  PAM 104J
                  Sinn 903 H2
                  Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                  U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                  If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

oh man,
                    That's very sad, me now in Korea, have not start my tour de AD, sad news to hear,
                    any advise on which model if there is stocks cheaper than singapore?
                    I am looking at SS Sub date or a GMT-IIc, anyone know the best of best price in singapore after discount for this 2 model so i can compare if luck on my side to have stocks this few days. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
                      Ops sorry replied to the other thread .

http://www.sg-roc.com/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=46

I checked online for visa statement on the 8th they charge 950 and on the 10th they charge 880
                      hi marineguy, i didn't use visa/master for my purchase there as they charged in US$ instead and there's no option for S$ conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by TeD View Post
                        oh man,
                        That's very sad, me now in Korea, have not start my tour de AD, sad news to hear,
                        I am looking at SS Sub date or a GMT-IIc, anyone know the best of best price in singapore after discount for this 2 model so i can compare if luck on my side to have stocks this few days. thanks!
                        sub date 7800 gmt-11c 9559 sgd . Hope it helps
                        1675/16610/116234/78240
                        Hublot BB ASF
                        PAM 104J
                        Sinn 903 H2
                        Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                        If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Originally posted by TeD View Post
                          oh man,
                          hi TeD, was about to reply your pm
                          as posted earlier, no sport models. mostly datejust, daydate. the price displayed is comparable to sg, not sure how much discount they give. i was interested in a blue dial 114200 (air-king) & was quoted US$3,650 (after discount). it's similar to the price here so gave it a miss.

since you have a week to spare, you can check around. maybe you will find your mentioned SS Sub & GMT2c, hopefully at great bargain. wish you luck

iirc, SS Sub with date is going at ard $7k plus and GMT2c probably $9k to $9.5k.

Comment

Originally posted by sunzhi View Post
                            hi marineguy, i didn't use visa/master for my purchase there as they charged in US$ instead and there's no option for S$ conversion.
                            I paid in won with visa at the galleria LV and hyundai prada . That's the conversion rate visa charged for those 2 days .
                            1675/16610/116234/78240
                            Hublot BB ASF
                            PAM 104J
                            Sinn 903 H2
                            Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW

Comment

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
                              I paid in won with visa at the galleria LV and hyundai prada . That's the conversion rate visa charged for those 2 days .
                              wifey bought gucci, me bought montblanc in shinsegae & paid in us$. so are our ginseng & dong chong xia cao (caterpillar fungus) purchases, all in us$.

Comment

Sorry, but if purcash in town, it is before the duty free?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X