Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The One View Post
    Damn interesting hahaha!!!

You can ask the salegirl, "Per Ra Per Juda?" Aku Kasi Indo dollar bolleh?
    Maaf om, bukan Indo dolar, tapi Rupiah

Comment

Originally posted by sunzhi View Post
      yup agree must have the $$ 1st but what currency to bring is another issue. read in some posts tht rolex are priced in US$ in the airport, thts why need confirmation. Nt going to bring large sum of K won if there's no use for it (mind you, S$10k is KWon 9.1mil ). Bt if priced in K won thn no choice. also depends on whether cash saving is significant enough comparing to card payment.
      you would need to go and study their currency. see if they have a million note.......or maybe they have something bigger just like in zimbabwe
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
        u take indo rupiah.. u can come back next year.. they need time to count finish.. haha...
        come on aint that bad.. wont be surprise K Won = Rp in 10 years time .. hehehe... it's 'only' 1 K Won = 8 rupiah now...

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          you would need to go and study their currency. see if they have a million note.......or maybe they have something bigger just like in zimbabwe
          unfortunately nope.. have changed sm K Won, ws given in 10,000 notes. big big stacks

Comment

unfortunately nope.. have changed sm K Won, ws given in 10,000 notes. big big stacks
            Not so bad la. Use rubber bands. Be careful.Take care.

Comment

10,000 is the biggest denomination........ it seems you may have a problem
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Don't worry. use as much as possible as your pocket will get lighter. Hehehe...

Comment

yaloh, no choice. $1k is 1 stack of K Won
                  any bro here with info on the currency?

another question, interbank exchange rate is S$1 = K Won 980+ but cash exchange rate (frm money changer) is only S$1 = K Won 900, base on this it is actually better to use credit cards instead of cash right? anyone has used card in Korea lately and what is the conversion rate in your statement? thanks....

Comment

always better value to use cash...cc charges interest n i think cc rate usually it's 0.05 above the exchange rate..

For the hassle of carrying cash...it maybe more worth it

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      always better value to use cash...cc charges interest n i think cc rate usually it's 0.05 above the exchange rate..

For the hassle of carrying cash...it maybe more worth it
                      well may not worths it for other currency bt K Won is kinda unique here. the interbank & cash exchange rate is like 10% off. based on yesterday conversation rate, it's still ok. visa & master card rate ws S$1 = K Won965 which is higher thn cash exchange rate of S$1 = K Won 905. the problem is the issuing banks have their own charges & rates. called my cards' banks bt was referred to visa webbie instead.

would really appreciate info frm bros who have used card in korea recently, wats the conversation rate?

Comment

well may not worths it for other currency bt K Won is kinda unique here. the interbank & cash exchange rate is like 10% off. based on yesterday conversation rate, it's still ok. visa & master card rate ws S$1 = K Won965 which is higher thn cash exchange rate of S$1 = K Won 905. the problem is the issuing banks have their own charges & rates. called my cards' banks bt was referred to visa webbie instead.

would really appreciate info frm bros who have used card in korea recently, wats the conversation rate?
                        You can get 910 for won at china town area .

As for paying in visa i will update u when i there later this week
                        1675/16610/116234/78240
                        Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                        Hublot BB ASF
                        PAM 104J
                        Sinn 903 H2
                        Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                        U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                        If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
                          You can get 910 for won at china town area .

As for paying in visa i will update u when i there later this week

oh tks bro, i am going next monday. if you used this week guess you will have to view your statement online to knw the exchange rate. i changed last week at 903, in chinatown as well (tht very popular money changer in PPC, opp of bakery).

Comment

oh tks bro, i am going next monday. if you used this week guess you will have to view your statement online to knw the exchange rate. i changed last week at 903, in chinatown as well (tht very popular money changer in PPC, opp of bakery).
                            At point of paying the newer machines in HK had the option of charging in SGD or HKD . Dun know about seoul .
                            1675/16610/116234/78240
                            Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                            Hublot BB ASF
                            PAM 104J
                            Sinn 903 H2
                            Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                            U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                            If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

At point of paying the newer machines in HK had the option of charging in SGD or HKD . Dun know about seoul .
                              yup, you can opt to be charged in home country currency bt not all shops have tht. appreciate your feedback upon using, tks...

Comment

hi bro, any update on the exchange rate? thanks...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X