Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something about rolex price in sg

Hi all, I'm new here..

Always wanted to own a rolex and finally saved up certain amt of money. Today, I went to Lucky plaza to shop for rolex. I'm currently looking at green sub with date. The HG told me that there's no discount for green sub and they are selling for S$12,600. However, there's 9% off for black sub with date which is about S$10,600. Next I went to the other shop (forget the name) and their green sub with date has discount and cost S$11,600 but no stock.

So how? how come the reality price of green sub cost more than the price list I saw here... Even the Air King cost more than 6k.. I dont see anything cost lesser than 4k... Has the price increase so much for green sub?

I reckon it all boils down to basic economics and ( a sad but very real reality) greed.

When there's a demand, prices will shoot up. Same could be said for a lotmof other watches not just rolex models. The x2 also commanded a premium until recently.
    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

I'm very disappointed & disgusted if ADs are playing this kind of "premium pricing" thing...
      elusive

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalNine View Post
        Hi all, I'm new here..

Always wanted to own a rolex and finally saved up certain amt of money. Today, I went to Lucky plaza to shop for rolex. I'm currently looking at green sub with date. The HG told me that there's no discount for green sub and they are selling for S$12,600. However, there's 9% off for black sub with date which is about S$10,600. Next I went to the other shop (forget the name) and their green sub with date has discount and cost S$11,600 but no stock.

So how? how come the reality price of green sub cost more than the price list I saw here... Even the Air King cost more than 6k.. I dont see anything cost lesser than 4k... Has the price increase so much for green sub?
        There are plenty of sellers selling their sub LV here which cost much lesser than the prices u stated.
        simi kangtao?

Comment

The other shop gave you discount @$11600 but no stock??? They should have offered you $5000 but no stock... no stock no point talking about price...

Comment

Hi all, I'm new here..

Black sub at $10,600 is before or after the 9% discount? The list price for this watch is $10,640. So if $10,600 is after the discount, they must have quoted u a premium price and then give the so-called discount.

Comment

Totally agree with senior member 116520...

Comment

Prices increased quite a few times over the last few years. In addition, the new ceramic bezel Sub launching price was close to $10k, and over the last 2 years, I think it hit more than $10k. However, you may get discounts for Black Sub, but for Green Sub, still need to pay a bit of premium.

There are such AD like to play such tricks, always attract you with good prices but no stock, or force you to take with high price. It all depends on yourself whether you can wait. For popular models, you are bound to pay a bit of premium, and the premiums may go down in future, but by then the retailed prices may go up as Rolex, like most watch manufacturers, does increase the price yearly, sometimes, twice in a year. And each jump is a few percents.

I think now it's hard to get a brand new Rolex for less than $4k. Nowadays, a simple SS Sub/GMT/Explorer is minimum $9k or more. If you are keen for Green Sub, try to source for a few ADs and see whether you can wait. If not, get the best price offered. Hope this help.

Hi all, I'm new here..

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind input... Yea man.. the premium pricing is too high.. Like I said I just managed to save enough based on the pricing here (8k++), also had prepared some premium for 1k...Brought my total 9k cash and thought I could finally brought my first rolex... oh well...

The black sub looks great too but if i'm going to pay so much for a watch.. definitely going for my favourite one which is green sub. Hmm I know I can get much more cheaper green sub here but well, first rolex for me and I thought maybe I can get from some reputable AD in sg.

@116520
                  Yea.. you're right.. lol. anyway, the sales person said that stock might be coming during end of this month

@Roynadinho
                  Black sub at S$10,600 is after the discount. But im still keen for the green sub... Even I told them will I get any discount for the green sub if I pay in cash... 'No' still their final answer...

@breitling77
                  That's crazy for the price to hike so high.. not 200-300 but 2000-3000. Over 10k++ can get ym standard, gmt master 2 standard or daytona standard maybe?

Comment

did the sales person also mentioned that "the price might be different during end of this month" when he told you that stock might be coming during end of this month? =P

Thanks everyone for your kind input... Yea man.. the premium pricing is too high.. Like I said I just managed to save enough based on the pricing here (8k++), also had prepared some premium for 1k...Brought my total 9k cash and thought I could finally brought my first rolex... oh well...

The black sub looks great too but if i'm going to pay so much for a watch.. definitely going for my favourite one which is green sub. Hmm I know I can get much more cheaper green sub here but well, first rolex for me and I thought maybe I can get from some reputable AD in sg.

@116520
                    Yea.. you're right.. lol. anyway, the sales person said that stock might be coming during end of this month

@Roynadinho
                    Black sub at S$10,600 is after the discount. But im still keen for the green sub... Even I told them will I get any discount for the green sub if I pay in cash... 'No' still their final answer...

@breitling77
                    That's crazy for the price to hike so high.. not 200-300 but 2000-3000. Over 10k++ can get ym standard, gmt master 2 standard or daytona standard maybe?

Comment

Y is there such a romantic notion to get 1st Rolex from "reputable AD" who try to rip us of our hard earned, hard saved money?? I dun understand. Such an irony!

For yr budget bro, i also recommend pre-owned, either from sellers here or from good shops.
                      I'm in bad company........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X