Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Craze

Hi,
    Apologise if this had been posted before. I'd been reading lots from the forums ( both local and oversea ) recommending a SS daytona be it a 4030 or a 4130 movement. Most will say that it's hard to come by with it limited production and that is why the market is in high demand.
    Now my questions are, how long this craze or demand been happening and will it continue to maintain it reputation as one of the most sought after and collectible Rolex in the future? Or it's just a moment of craze where it'll loose it glitter when the trend or craze stops?
    With it current premium price, one can go for a much better model or brand. Why is the SS Daytona so expensive?
    Apologise again if my questions sound rude.
    Regards,
    Bemyself

I cannot answer the part oh how long the crazy has been on...but

As for the future...all I can say is...we never know.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

actually SS daytona in swiss headquarters have many. but Rolex is very smart. the do it on purpose by releasing it to public in limited numbers so it make this model harder to come by, hence who wants it faster have to pay a premium over it.

Comment

Originally posted by bemyself View Post
        Hi,
        Apologise if this had been posted before. I'd been reading lots from the forums ( both local and oversea ) recommending a SS daytona be it a 4030 or a 4130 movement. Most will say that it's hard to come by with it limited production and that is why the market is in high demand.
        Now my questions are, how long this craze or demand been happening and will it continue to maintain it reputation as one of the most sought after and collectible Rolex in the future? Or it's just a moment of craze where it'll loose it glitter when the trend or craze stops?
        With it current premium price, one can go for a much better model or brand. Why is the SS Daytona so expensive?
        Apologise again if my questions sound rude.
        Regards,
        Bemyself

As u had mentioned, the high demand for Daytonas had been due to Rolex's limited supplies of this particular model to major ADs around the world and another factor for its sustained demand is because it is the only Rolex sports chronograph model available. So its exclusivity coupled with it being basically a attractive watch in its own right, makes for a winning formula in ensuring its demand is sustained over the years.

I don't think it is a moment of craze especially for those with the Zenith movements since they are even more limited in numbers in the preowned market. They should be collectible as long as Rolex maintained its brand name as being the most recognizable brand in the watch world. As for the premium over list price, it is basically a question of how much one wants a Daytona to justify paying that premium because othewise u would have to be on the wait list for some time to get it. Juz my 2 cents
        HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
        REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
          As u had mentioned, the high demand for Daytonas had been due to Rolex's limited supplies of this particular model to major ADs around the world and another factor for its sustained demand is because it is the only Rolex sports chronograph model available. So its exclusivity coupled with it being basically a attractive watch in its own right, makes for a winning formula in ensuring its demand is sustained over the years.

I don't think it is a moment of craze especially for those with the Zenith movements since they are even more limited in numbers in the preowned market. They should be collectible as long as Rolex maintained its brand name as being the most recognizable brand in the watch world. As for the premium over list price, it is basically a question of how much one wants a Daytona to justify paying that premium because othewise u would have to be on the wait list for some time to get it. Juz my 2 cents
          completely agree

Comment

Thanks everyone for the explanation. i think the scarcity and rarity of this model explains the high premium. In addition to that, Rolex had absorbed a good marketing strategy by releasing only 1 chronograph in the Rolex range.
            So would it be more logic to own a white gold ( with leather bracelet ) over the SS Daytona considering the precious metal involved and the slight difference in price?
            I'm convinced on the explanation by the experts here regarding the SS daytona but won't it be better to own the WG with a difference of a few thousand dollars? Apologise for my ignorance again
            Thanks and good day everyone,
            Bemyself

Comment

it's really up to you.....

but i think daytona looks better on a bracelet........ i also dun quite like the dial options for daytona with strap.......
              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                it's really up to you.....

but i think daytona looks better on a bracelet........ i also dun quite like the dial options for daytona with strap.......
                Yes totally agree.
                Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                Rolex LV submariner
                Rolex TT black submariner
                Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                Rolex Non date submariner
                Rolex Explorer2
                More...

Comment

Originally posted by bemyself View Post
                  Thanks everyone for the explanation. i think the scarcity and rarity of this model explains the high premium. In addition to that, Rolex had absorbed a good marketing strategy by releasing only 1 chronograph in the Rolex range.
                  So would it be more logic to own a white gold ( with leather bracelet ) over the SS Daytona considering the precious metal involved and the slight difference in price?
                  I'm convinced on the explanation by the experts here regarding the SS daytona but won't it be better to own the WG with a difference of a few thousand dollars? Apologise for my ignorance again
                  Thanks and good day everyone,
                  Bemyself

the pro is wg and stainless steel cant really tell the diff unless u hold it, ppl tend to wanan buy SS.

Comment

WG is for those who hav deep pockets but dun want ppl to know

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X