Clear All

• Discontinued model 2012

Dear all,

I got this info from other forum:
    http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=216955

check it out...

don't think so...

Comment

daytona should start using the ceramic bezel. the old ss bezel shld be gone . waiting for it

Comment

But seriously, the ceramic bezel is a 'pain'
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          But seriously, the ceramic bezel is a 'pain'
          Bro Oceanklassik, what is this 'pain'?
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

From various feedback I've gathered over some time, it was generally felt that one has to be extra cautious/careful when handling/wearing a ceramic bezel watch because of the higher cost of repair/service. And this then begs the question of whether how one should treat a 'tool watch' a tool watch. There was also feedback that the bezel 'cracked' when hit, though it doesn't scratch as easily as one of steel. In addition, the mechanism in the whole bezel, as compared to the previous steel bezels, is different. I was told that it is much more complicated and difficult to repair/service if problems to it arises.

You want more feedback ... ?
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Will it make sense for rolex to keep a 'base' model? Much like the nissan sunny while the rest of the models move upmarket. I will have mixed feelings the day i see rolex with geneva stripes and display backs.

Comment

Have they done it before in the first place? I am not sure if it is good for the brand. Look what Panerai has done to themselves
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

From various feedback I've gathered over some time, it was generally felt that one has to be extra cautious/careful when handling/wearing a ceramic bezel watch because of the higher cost of repair/service. And this then begs the question of whether how one should treat a 'tool watch' a tool watch. There was also feedback that the bezel 'cracked' when hit, though it doesn't scratch as easily as one of steel. In addition, the mechanism in the whole bezel, as compared to the previous steel bezels, is different. I was told that it is much more complicated and difficult to repair/service if problems to it arises.

You want more feedback ... ?
                  Thanks Bro for your clarification. Same concern from me as well.
                  Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Have they done it before in the first place? I am not sure if it is good for the brand. Look what Panerai has done to themselves
                    Agree 100% and hope Rolex does not go that path!

Comment

The display back they did is an auction piece. Better stay that way for the sports watch.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Hi Ocean bro, are you refering to the "base model" concept or the deisplay back.

I think base pams are appealing because somehow its connected to the original heritage.

But display backs for diving watch is a turn off for me even it is rated at 300m for the 305.

IMHO.

Comment

No, I was referring to their (Panerai) new "3xx" series models where they have boasted their in-house movements in them. Having read, heard and seen some of the problems these "in-house" models have given, I think their older models still hold strong. So, what is going to happen to the new models in the near future? Only time will tell.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

No, I was referring to their (Panerai) new "3xx" series models where they have boasted their in-house movements in them. Having read, heard and seen some of the problems these "in-house" models have given, I think their older models still hold strong. So, what is going to happen to the new models in the near future? Only time will tell.
                            OK now i know, thanks for sharing your views. Let's see what will ahppen to the 372 as well since its commanding premium price now.

Apologies to threadstarter for hijacking this thread.

Comment

oh..is it?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X