Register Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Register Rolex

Does anyone know where I can officially register my Rolex watch?

Originally posted by singapore_nomad View Post
    What's the point? In case u lose the watch? just curious..

Comment

Yeah more around if I lose the watch or it gets stolen. I travel quite a bit. I guess you wouldnt be able to register a watch that has already been stolen, right?

Comment

Wrong. You can still register a stolen watch as long as it has not been reported stolen ..
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Pointless to register your watch because RSC will not interfere or have any powers to mediate any disputes.

today this watch can be yours but tomorrow you could have given, lost, gambled, sold,traded etc with anyone so who is RSC to decide who has final title to the watch?

This is not like the Land Titles Registrar.... where a register of land holdings maintained by the state guarantees an indefeasible title to those included in the register.
          My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
          1) WG DIA 18239
          2) YG DIA 18238
          3) WG 18239
          4) YG 18238
          5) YG 18248G Bark
          6) WG DIA 18039
          7) WG 18039
          8) YG 18038
          9) Tridor DIA 18039B
          10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
          11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
          12) WG 1803
          13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
          1)GMT II 116718 18K
          2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
          1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
          2)D15037 14k
          3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Originally posted by singapore_nomad View Post
            IF you bought brand new , it would be registered by the AD.

Comment

Its not brand new - 1655 Explorer II. Im taking it to RSC on saturday to get it water proofed. Lets see what they say...

Take your points above, there seems to be quite a bit of sales of vintage watches so for a governing body to keep updated in who now owns the watch would quickly get out of date and render itself useless after a few years..

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                Think AD only issue the date on the warranty cert
                Some AD dont even indicate date on the cert
                The proper procedure, the AD is to register your name on the warranty card and inform rolex HQ after the watch is sold.

Comment

When you send the watch for servicing, they do take a photo of the watch and input details into the computer system but i not sure do they register the owner's particular. Maybe someone could provide some information what is registered in the RSC's computer system.

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                    The name on the warranty cert is just to make it more difficult to resell
                    Because some buyers of preown watches dont like a different name
                    Its largely psychological but effective to a certain extent
                    as far as rolex is concerned, they want to eradicate 2nd hand market so that everyone can buy a new rolex
                    Where you got the information? You working in rsc?

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                      i wouldnt tell you these if i were employed by rsc

So take it with a pinch of salt .

Comment

you are right in that RSC is taking pictures and recording information of the person who sends in the watch.

it could be that RSC is doing data mining, this could mean that they are trying to establish a watch has change owners the minimum number of times. another possible reason is they are tracking where each watch is @. maybe watch A has country code 888 and it is found in singapore?

there are many more possible reasons why RSC is recording such information and only RSC knows.

one thing i know for sure is RSC is making use of information technology to record as much information as they can. the more information that is recorded, the more statistics and profiling they can do.

Originally posted by jieming View Post
                        When you send the watch for servicing, they do take a photo of the watch and input details into the computer system but i not sure do they register the owner's particular. Maybe someone could provide some information what is registered in the RSC's computer system.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Contradicting

Originally posted by nim
                          as far as rolex is concerned, they want to eradicate 2nd hand market so that everyone can buy a new rolex
                          Where you got the information? You working in rsc?
                          Originally posted by nim
                          i wouldnt tell you these if i were employed by rsc

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                            pls take it with two tablespoon of salt if you like
                            but ask yourself though: if rsc doesnt bother to check the owner's id with the name indicated on the warranty cert, what other purpose does the name on the cert serve during the 2yr warranty period?
                            and between a person buying a preown watch from the 2nd hand market, compared to a person buying direct from rolex AD, which category of people is rolex more interested in, and which category doesnt give them profit
                            I would say sooner or later they going to check the owner's name on the warranty. It is already practising in the US. They would only honour the warranty for the person whose name appears on the card. Anyway, i am sharing my thoughts.

Comment

this is interesting. i think i better read the fine print of the rolex warranty booklet.

is it possible to find out the reason why in US they are doing so?

I would say sooner or later they going to check the owner's name on the warranty. It is already practising in the US. They would only honour the warranty for the person whose name appears on the card. Anyway, i am sharing my thoughts.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X