Rolex Centre Sevice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Centre Sevice

Went by Rolex at 4.40pm this afternoon intending to authenticate a watch. Was attended by a lady named Diana behind the counter. As soon as she heard what I wanted she glanced at the clock and told me that soonest she can return the watch to me was around 6pm or come back tomorrow. Apparently, she said authentication is now being done by 'different people' and hence takes a longer time ?

I can wait and I can come back another day, but her indifferent attitude to basic customer service just puts me off

I guess off to JW then....
    H.Moser & Cie Mayu
    Speedmaster Sandwich
    SubC 116610
    Daytona 16520

Next time don't say you want to authenticate, they are not interested in your $100.
    what they want to hear is "Can you help me check if this watch is due for servicing?"
    They will be very nice and friendly because they can knock you for $1000+.
    After checking your watch, they will tell you their standard line "Sir ,your watch is due for OVERHAUL... have to change this and that....blah blah blah"
    they will even issue you a paper setting out various items due for change,then you say "THANK you ! let me get back to you"
    You save your $100 and get your confirmation your watch is authentic because if it is not , they wont even say "due for service"
    My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
    1) WG DIA 18239
    2) YG DIA 18238
    3) WG 18239
    4) YG 18238
    5) YG 18248G Bark
    6) WG DIA 18039
    7) WG 18039
    8) YG 18038
    9) Tridor DIA 18039B
    10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
    11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
    12) WG 1803
    13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
    1)GMT II 116718 18K
    2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
    1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
    2)D15037 14k
    3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
      Next time don't say you want to authenticate, they are not interested in your $100.
      what they want to hear is "Can you help me check if this watch is due for servicing?"
      After checking your watch, they will tell you their standard line "Sir ,your watch is due for OVERHAUL... have to change this and that....blah blah blah"
      they will even issue you a paper setting out various items due for change,then you say "THANK you ! let me get back to you"
      You save your $100 and get your confirmation your watch is authentic because if it is not , they wont even say "due for service"

Hahahaha....that has always been my MO in the past, but I decide to do the right thing today ! Alas, good deeds does not go unpunished !

BTW, I do authentication also to make sure the watches are not stolen goods, just in case
      H.Moser & Cie Mayu
      Speedmaster Sandwich
      SubC 116610
      Daytona 16520

Comment

When I went for authentication and asked to check if the watch require servicing, the Rolex counter lady was very insistent that they cannot check if a servicing is required. After demanding it, she reluctantly out this on the reciept:

AUTHENTCATION. CHECK IF NEED SERVICING??

Yes with 2 question marks :S

Also they insisted that I collect the watch 2 days later and servicing requires 3 months. When I ask how can this be, the reply was "Look through the glass door and see how many staff we have"

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post

Comment

why is this happening? because too many people who wants to save the authentication fee use the same method. RSC can pick up such methods used.

authentication turn around time is no longer 'immediate', hence they will advise you to come back later. what are the reasons for doing so? put on your thinking caps and you can probably 'guess' the answer(s).
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

BTW, I do authentication also to make sure the watches are not stolen goods, just in case [/QUOTE]

Not unless the police update them
            My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
            1) WG DIA 18239
            2) YG DIA 18238
            3) WG 18239
            4) YG 18238
            5) YG 18248G Bark
            6) WG DIA 18039
            7) WG 18039
            8) YG 18038
            9) Tridor DIA 18039B
            10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
            11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
            12) WG 1803
            13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
            1)GMT II 116718 18K
            2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
            1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
            2)D15037 14k
            3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Actually I asked for authentication first before asking for service checks, even paying a hundred dollars is not enough for them to make a free check despite their need to open up the oyster case to authenticate.

Originally posted by triton View Post
              why is this happening? because too many people who wants to save the authentication fee use the same method. RSC can pick up such methods used.

authentication turn around time is no longer 'immediate', hence they will advise you to come back later. what are the reasons for doing so? put on your thinking caps and you can probably 'guess' the answer(s).

Comment

My exp with RSC has been quite pleasant the 2 times I went there to authenticate my watches.

It's usually the pricing for their services that turn me off.

"the quote would likely be $1k, 2-3k...etc."

Gee I could buy relatively good watches with those amounts.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X