Must Know About Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for date faster by 1 day

next time when you adjust your time, adjust to the day before and wind the time to current date then time

your watch is being set 12 hours ahead

Eg: when time is 10am, your time is set at 10pm. so in 2 hours time, your watch will change date to tomorrow when it's only afternoon.

Originally posted by Janecool View Post
    wat could be the possible reasons and solutions for the below situations:

1) time stop
    2) date faster by 1 day (despite re-adjusting it twice before)

tried searching the forum but couldnt find any relevant threads...
    Thanks...

Comment

time stopping prematurely got many reasons.

maybe one solution is to hand wind the mechanism about 40times, that will give the spring a full winding.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
        for date faster by 1 day

next time when you adjust your time, adjust to the day before and wind the time to current date then time

your watch is being set 12 hours ahead

Eg: when time is 10am, your time is set at 10pm. so in 2 hours time, your watch will change date to tomorrow when it's only afternoon.
        hi sunnyday, i did exactly that when the first time it happened (thinking it was adjusted 12 hrs ahead) BUT it happened again for the 2nd time on sun night! wonder if there is something wrong with my watch...

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          time stopping prematurely got many reasons.

maybe one solution is to hand wind the mechanism about 40times, that will give the spring a full winding.
          oh... 20 times not sufficient ah? i sent it for repair n was told oil not enough. but when i got it back, i kena the date problem!

Comment

Janecool, where was your watch repaired?

Comment

Fact no 2 is not quite accurate. Silicium as a material was first experimented by CSEM in the early 90s, which rolex is a part owner along with SWATCH, Richemont and Patek. IMT is part of Neuchatel University. IMT and CSEM have a joint laboratory, part of the typical Swiss watch industry insidious cross reliance.

Rolex commissioned CSEM to produce silicium parts, but decided not for commercial usage then, due to uneven surfaces and temperature issues. it was Ulysee Nardin's legendary Rolf Schnyder, who commissioned the first commercially viable silicium parts, in this case escape wheels, featured in the iconic watch Le Freak.

anyway, my 2 silicium cent worth of contribution
              It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
              Alexander Pope

Comment

Upz this thread for the benefit of new members
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

With so many great features mentioned here, it is quite hard to choose other brands really. Any ideas how the Blancpain Fifth Fathoms fair with Rolex?

Comment

Originally posted by RolexSunday View Post
                    With so many great features mentioned here, it is quite hard to choose other brands really. Any ideas how the Blancpain Fifth Fathoms fair with Rolex?
                    I used to think so too.
                    However owning watches from other brands give me great pleasures too.
                    Nonetheless, rolex is a worthy brand. The branding already speaks quality

Comment

Good evening everyone, just got my batman today, happen to find out that the batman model does not have a quick set date, is it true?

Comment

congrats on your new watch. do post some pix!!

for GMT, there is no quick set date, you set the date by moving the hour hand, you can go forward or backward w the date.

Originally posted by kenny1367 View Post
                        Good evening everyone, just got my batman today, happen to find out that the batman model does not have a quick set date, is it true?

Comment

Tks for the reply, good day to all.

Comment

Nice facts!

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            or dormant ones getting active
                            Sounds familiar

Comment

Here's some additional info about Rolex so you'll feel even better owning one.
                              1) Since 2003, Rolex has been using 904L steel vs regular 316L like the others, in many aspects better than 316L, it is also very hard to machine and the cutting tools costs alot to own, so much that no one else in the industry (omega) can really use it.

2)Rolex has it own science lab for R&D and the works. It tests everything there.

3) Rolex is still hand assembled. only machines are used for things like precision cutting and stuff.

4) Rolex makes all of their own gold (melting n mixing from raw 24k gold into WG, Everrose in their own foundry. (only watch manu to do so)

5) Master supply room in rolex is completely robot, cataloging and storage is all robot.

6) It is the most secure watch manufacturer in the world.

7) Their watches are tested individually and put through very rigorous tests to ensure they can out perform their specs

8) It takes about a year to make one Rolex watch.

9) Their diamonds are of the highest grades and coloured D-G only.

But the thing is with all these, why their watches still have problem with crown alignment, water ingress, bezel alignment?

5)

Comment

Maybe becos it is still hand assembled.
                                Humans arent robots and can never be 100% perfect
                                But a human touch gives it more soul.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X