Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old gold datejust Rolex to overhaul. Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old gold datejust Rolex to overhaul. Worth it?

Yo all, my dad gave me one gold Rolex but not working well ardy.. Thinking of overhaul it n resell or trade in for gmt master or sub mariner? Or I should juz trade in like tar which I think price may not b good like that..

overhaul it and keep it as a family heirloom
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Maybe post a picture and you can have better feedback?

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        overhaul it and keep it as a family heirloom
        agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by simple2kie View Post
          agreed.
          triple agreed
          Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
          Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
          / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

But the watch is juz one of my dad collection is of no memorable value one.. He got better ones to pass down next time hehe.. Any good place to overhaul Rolex? I think I will post a pix here soon..

Comment

id keep all of them and not think of selling any.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

As I always say, pay the necessary cost, get it fixed and running. It's worth every penny paid.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

yoyo...finally taken pix of my old rolex datejust. i suppose should be real gold bracelet. so any idea where can i get it polish? what should be the market value for this watch? worth to trade in for another rolex?

Comment

if my dad were to hand over any of his rolex, i would restore it to working condition regardless of the cost. it does not matter if there are more valuable (monetary) ones to hand over next time. about 4 years ago, his 30 odd year rolex wast not functioning well. sent it in RSC, cost of repair is the same cost of the watch bought. i still went ahead with the repair. it is the sentimental value of it.

however, different people have different perceptions.

other than the bracelet which i feel is in quite bad shape, the rest are just cosmetics.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Wah this is one of the typical combination of yesteryear...

16013 head with an aftermarket solid gold bracelet...I guess back then it was cheaper (gold price wise) to get a solid gold bracelet and add on to the Datejust than buying the actual thing.

This is a 18k(750) or 22k(916) bracelet...typically 916 back then. Worth it's weight in gold, that's all cos it's not an original bracelet. But that's easily like a 4k or so just the bracelet alone depending on the weight. The condition of the bracelet isn't very good from what I see.

Ok my personal suggestion..if you want to wear this,

You can get this restored no problem, polish the watch up, change a new crystal. Service it and you are good to go.

If you don't wish to wear this WITH the bracelet, sell the bracelet, you can probably buy another Rolex. Keep the head, fit in a leather strap and restore the watch. That would be my preferred choice.

Comment

I recently overhauled and restored one of my grandad oysterquartz and have no regrets. I i love just bringing the vintage out to look at it once a while. My grandad also have another full gold president to pass down but I want to keep everything possible that belongs to him. Once u sold it, it will be gone forever but u can buy a gmt or sub anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
                          I recently overhauled and restored one of my grandad oysterquartz and have no regrets. I i love just bringing the vintage out to look at it once a while. My grandad also have another full gold president to pass down but I want to keep everything possible that belongs to him. Once u sold it, it will be gone forever but u can buy a gmt or sub anytime.
                          That I must agree...yeap. Once you sold it...it's gone forever.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions n advices.. Keep the head sell off the gold bracelet sounds good idea.. Now I have few qn,
                            1) where is a good place to service the head?
                            2) how to chk whether the bracelet is 18k or 22k gold?
                            3) how can I sell the bracelet?

Comment

Originally posted by louis777 View Post
                              Thanks for all the suggestions n advices.. Keep the head sell off the gold bracelet sounds good idea.. Now I have few qn,
                              1) where is a good place to service the head?
                              2) how to chk whether the bracelet is 18k or 22k gold?
                              3) how can I sell the bracelet?
                              Drop me a text @ 9697 9898 bro..I pass u the contact

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X