No announcement yet.

Need Advise on buying used Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i buy watch also use loupe. so nothing to be scared about. better to take abit longer to check than to have to go back a second time.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Scratches on brand new watches

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      dont understand by discolor bezel. do you mean the print not "even"? because SS is hard to discolor and even harder to rust. Esp with the high nickel content used in 904 SS........ I beg to wonder whether the description is accurate?

As for small scratches, you should have seen the "damage" before handing over the money, because now the AD/Rolex can say that they were from you when you wear.

Anyway I wish you all the best trying to get a resolution from your AD/RSC
      It is quite common for new watches to have micro scratches - as a result of packing before shipping, handling at the shops etc.

Do you know that new watches are sometimes sent for light polishing to get rid of scratches before they are sold? So long as there are no dings, and watch shape/dimension not altered during polishing and there has not been deep polishing, this is quite acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        It is quite common for new watches to have micro scratches - as a result of packing before shipping, handling at the shops etc.

Do you know that new watches are sometimes sent for light polishing to get rid of scratches before they are sold? So long as there are no dings, and watch shape/dimension not altered during polishing and there has not been deep polishing, this is quite acceptable.
        i am well aware of that fact, not to mention that i learn from experience. even your cuffs of a freshly washed and ironed shirt can cause some scratches.

i was marely stating that had the fine scratches have been a big deal to you, you would not have accepted the watch. alternatively, you could have the piece lightly polished (very fine grit paper, as smooth as normal printer paper).
        Last edited by seiko.citizen; 19-10-08, 04:02 PM. Reason: grammer
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

yes scratches will not be nice

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          i am well aware of that fact, not to mention that i learn from experience. even your cuffs of a freshly washed and ironed shirt can cause some scratches.

i was marely stating that had the fine scratches have been a big deal to you, you would not have accepted the watch. alternatively, you to have the piece lightly polished (very fine grit paper, as smooth as normal printer paper).
          if it's supposed to be a new watch.....

Comment

at the end of the day, one must accept that a new watch is bound to have micro scratches and if they worry you, one should not accept it.

not trying to push the blame anywhere. if one insist on zero microscratches, then maybe they should go to factory direct, but even then, there is no promises that the piece from there will be scratch free.
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              yeah loh... sunzhi you are right... I am sure many buyers here will not remove the plastic protectors on the spot... they would like to take it home admire the watch for a few days... then enjoy the process of removing the protectors slowly...

The problem is that there are flaws that can be seen only when the protectors are removed... I have personally experienced that before... so from then on, I remove the protectors and check with a loupe before handing the cash to the seller...

Hi bros,
              Sorry for the late replys ,
              Ok what i meant by discolour is the tacometer on the daytona bezel where it shows the speed eg; 150, 160 to 400 . They should all be painted with black markers .
              On the engraving the 150 and 160 , i can see the 150 only the no: 1 is painted with black markers 5 only half painted the 0 totally not painted in black and the 160 only 1 and 6 is painted 0 not painted .
              Not painted as in we can see the nos are in bare steel colours .
              I hope i dun confuse you guys here , Anyway i think most likely its a factory deflects ,

I agreed i should have check the watch b4 parting my cash , but like what bro 116520 mention , i actually didn't remove the bezel protector to check , as i've already bought 2 watchh from them , so i kind of trust this shop .

BTW tomorrow , i should have a answer from them , think most likely they will ask RSC to change a new bezel for me . Hope everything will end soon .
              Anyway , i'm really quite upset on this issue , as i'm paying premium for this daytona and i really didn't expect things to turnout this way , really waste alot of my time..........

So any advise from gurus here , what can i tell the AD ?
              Am i given a 100% autentic rolex or is this some kind of LNIB watches ?
              Focal JM_Labs .
              "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
              Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
              Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
              Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
              Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
              Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
              Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
              Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
              Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
              Cartier Santos 100XL
              Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

i believe we are more and less complacement after a few good deals done @ AD.

i believe this situation occurs because you trusted your AD/SE and you expect them to give u a watch that is free of defects. a friend of mine who bought an explorer II early this year also encountered similiar problem. the digit 6 was not 'pasted' on properly. luckily spotted it and got another piece.

just tell your AD you want the problem fixed by having a new piece. if they refused then head to RSC and tell them to give you a brand new piece.

always be firm and polite no matter how angry or disappointed you are
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Bro, u mean we can ask for new pieces ?
                  I thought at most they replace the bezel for me .
                  Pls advise ...
                  Focal JM_Labs .
                  "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Cartier Santos 100XL

Comment

tell AD/SE tat rolex HQ will knw abt tis n it is nt frm them

Comment

I think they will replace the bezel in this case... replacement for a new piece highly unlikely....

Comment

It's very unlikely that they will replace it with a new piece especially if the guarantee card has been filled.

Comment

Bro Brabus, the discolouration of the lettering comes as a surprise to me. If it is really a defect from Rolex then it is one in a million or thereabouts. I smell something fishy here. The ADs will surely have examined each and every Rolex they received thoroughly. How could they not have spotted this obvious defect? As for the hairline scratches, it tells me that this watch is not a brand new piece. All in all, I would say that this watch is not a new piece. Good news is that the AD will cover this up by rectifying this FOC for you. Keep us updated. God bless you.

Comment

ADs sell brand new rolex watches....

but brand new does not mean "sterile" as in no one has touched it before....

once someone has touched it, there could be minor scratches.....

another scenario: if someone buys a car and found scratches on the bonnet, dun think it's possible to have a completely new car as replacement .......
                            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Em.... Now i'm starting to think if i've bought a LNIB instead of BNIB from local AD , ok i will see what the guys say , still waiting for their replys .
                              Focal JM_Labs .
                              "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Cartier Santos 100XL

Comment

Ok guys just to update , I call up my SE at KHH , he told me over the phone that RSC replace a totally new pieces for me , quite please with the arrangement, will be going down soon .

Will update again tonight .
                                Focal JM_Labs .
                                "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Cartier Santos 100XL

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X