• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sori to hear tat. Hope for gd news.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
      Hi all ,
      Very dissapointed with rolex , i realise my brand new daytona has a discolour bezel , and the bezel also has a very small scratches.
      Whoa...sorry to hear that. Hope everything will work out fine in the end.

Comment

did u not noticed those small scratches before u deal? also what do u mean by discolored bezel? if it is a SS model, just curious how steel becomes discolored assuming it is a brand new piece unless it is a NOS

a lesson for all of us is SCRUTISE the watch carefully before you deal even if it is a local AD. if possible, bring a loupe minimum X10. it is pretty unforgiving, i know a fellow member here uses X15 to check before buying any rolex.

Hi all ,
        Very dissapointed with rolex , i realise my brand new daytona has a discolour bezel , and the bezel also has a very small scratches.
        I bought it from the local AD here in spore .

So i bring it back to my SE and show him the watch i bought from him yesterday.

He told me he will bring it to RSC on monday and see what they say , before he can advise me .

I told him i expect better service when i buy from local AD, and this is obviously a fatory defects .

Will wait for their answer on monday , and will keep you guys posts.

Meanwhile , any advise from bros here ?
        Last edited by triton; 19-10-08, 09:46 AM.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Agreed

Have heard and even seen personally "defected ROLEX watches" . Saw a Sub (brand new frm THG) with very fine hair (resemble eyebrow size) inside the dial . Thankfully shop got another pc to change. So it is better to check thoroughly.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi all ,
            I bought it from the local AD here in spore .
            (...)

Meanwhile , any advise from bros here ?
            dont understand by discolor bezel. do you mean the print not "even"? because SS is hard to discolor and even harder to rust. Esp with the high nickel content used in 904 SS........ I beg to wonder whether the description is accurate?

As for small scratches, you should have seen the "damage" before handing over the money, because now the AD/Rolex can say that they were from you when you wear.

Anyway I wish you all the best trying to get a resolution from your AD/RSC
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

WOW... Surprise to hear that...... DISCOLOURISATION of a SS..... ultimate!!! Totally agree with SC

Daytona boh bezel leh.... or are you just highlighting the area on a DAYTONA???? Bezel, in my definition, unsure if this is correct, should be able to rotate correct??

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

honestly, i didn't scrutinise my purchase either before leaving the shop. i checked mine and luckily both watches are ok. the shop is dimly lit, so it's not easy to spot small defect. nevertheless let this be a lesson, make sure inspect the purchase thoroughly before leaving the shop.

i don't really understand what bro brabus meant by discolor bezel, maybe he is referring to the print on the bezel.

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                WOW... Surprise to hear that...... DISCOLOURISATION of a SS..... ultimate!!! Totally agree with SC

Daytona boh bezel leh.... or are you just highlighting the area on a DAYTONA???? Bezel, in my definition, unsure if this is correct, should be able to rotate correct??
                no, bezel refers to to the ring around the crystal on the face of the watch. not only those that can turn/rotate.
                Last edited by sunzhi; 19-10-08, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Take foto n show to all.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

But sometimes with plastic protectors on new watch, cannot check also unless you take them off....

Comment

agree with ocean.... picture(s) tell a much clearer story.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        But sometimes with plastic protectors on new watch, cannot check also unless you take them off....
                        if you are buying, imo you are more than welcome to remove the protectors.
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          PRECISELY !
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            definitely. i don't think any SE would mind if one confirms buying. was asked whether need to remove the bezel protector for checking. as i am not going to wear them for now (hopefully sell them in the future for a premium ), removing the stickers may render the watches being worn so...

Comment

yeah loh... sunzhi you are right... I am sure many buyers here will not remove the plastic protectors on the spot... they would like to take it home admire the watch for a few days... then enjoy the process of removing the protectors slowly...

The problem is that there are flaws that can be seen only when the protectors are removed... I have personally experienced that before... so from then on, I remove the protectors and check with a loupe before handing the cash to the seller...

Originally posted by sunzhi View Post
                              definitely. i don't think any SE would mind if one confirms buying. was asked whether need to remove the bezel protector for checking. as i am not going to wear them for now (hopefully sell them in the future for a premium ), removing the stickers may render the watches being worn so...

Comment

the plastic that is used to wrap the watch, the bezel protector can be removed on request if customer confirm buying the watch.

however, some other plastic protectors on the case such as the bar-code like like which is usually located on the left side of the case, the plastic on the other sides can also be removed.

if it is a brand new piece taken from the safe, chances of scratches are slim. however if the piece is a 'show case' piece, then there is slightly higher chance of the watch being scratched as it is handled by several people.

anyway, i see that some buyers here are using loupe when making new purchase.

a friend even advise me to use a loupe when buying pen.
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X