Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swiss/euro vs hk/sg

any reason why rolex in swiss/euro is app 10-15% higher than hk/sg

my tour guide told me rolex in swiss/euro is made in swiss, therefore higher price

is it worth to get it there?

thanks

I nearly fell off my chair ..

" my tour guide told me rolex in swiss/euro is made in swiss, therefore higher price "

So, ROLEX (watches) in other parts of the world are made where then?

I'm not sure how the prices are like for ROLEX watches in Switzerland or Europe but I've not heard them to be any cheaper than in other countries, even when they are manufactured there. Whether it's worthy to get it there or anywhere else will depend which model in particular. For example, if a particular model is selling at a premium price, say in Asia, and you can get it in Switzerland at its retail price, then it is worth it. However, if a model is selling at a discount in Asia, and you can only get it at retail price in Switzerland, then it will not be too worthy.

Can understand?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Some sellers tried to imply that in one of threads here a few months ago.

its amazing what people will imply these days.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I have heard the same story from my colleague coming back from his swiss trip. The sales person in the watch shop in swiss told him that Rolex have a few factories and the Rolexes sold in swiss are made in swiss thus more costly. And the rest are made in Koean or elsewhere.

I say loads of craps! The sales in swiss are just trying to pull a fast one on unwary tourists.

Comment

LOL...i always take this kind of 'so-called' advice from tour guides with a pinch or rather large spoon of salt...

They are earning commission if you buy anything in any of the shops they managed to bring you to....

Hahahaha.....Hence my dislike for guided tours....prefer free and easy...no need to waste time heading for the wholesale centres and best deal in town kinda of shops....hahahaha.....
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Switzerland has not really been hit by the Global Financial Crisis and hence the prices there are actually one of the highest in all of Europe. The rental and also the wages for the staff at major stores are still very high. If you walk into any Bucherer store in any city in Switzerland the first thing that you would notice is that its all glitzy and also its always in a prime location.

Another thing Swiss people are like Germans/ Austrians and are very time conscious people- Its one of their traits in that part of Europe. On the streets and just about everywhere you would notice that virtually all people are constantly looking at their watches every few minutes to check the time. They are also very conscious about the type, style , brand of watch that they wear.There is sufficient demand from the locals to keep the prices on the higher side.

Comment

so is it true that Rolex has a few factories outside Switzerland?

Comment

i believe u guys more than my tour guide

that is why im here to ask

thanks for the info

Comment

Hi, I just came back from Geneva, where Rolex is made. Rolex does not have factory elsewhere outside Switzerland.

Rolex prices are controlled (just like Apple products), so the list price is basically the same everywhere. The only difference is whether you could squeeze in any discount from the AD when you buy. Some AD will give a bit of discount to push sales, some don't. It all depends on what price the AD get the watches from Rolex.

Reason why Rolex is more expensive in Swiss/Europe than in SG/HK is because the AD there don't usually give discount to tourists since they know we'll get tax refund anyway. For example, in Geneva, the shop (Bucherer) told me that I'll get 8% "discount" via tax refund.

HK is cheapest because the AD there buy in bulk from Rolex due to lots of people from China going there for luxury watches (thus the AD pay less and can pass this discount to us) and the territory has no tax.

Comment

Typically, it is more expensive to purchase your Rolex from HK ADs than SG (forget about Switzerland, its the most expensive!). Discounts from HK ADs are minimal and there is no VAT/GST rebate to claim since HK is tax free. However, there can be some good deals to be found if u are willing (& brave) to try out the grey dealers. If u are in the vicinity of Switzerland, your best bet is Huber at Lichtenstein.
                    sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Switzerland is certainly a fantastic place for a holiday and also for checking out watch shops. Cities like Geneva is also one of the most expensive in all of Switzerland , and also any towns in French speaking Switzerland on the swiss geneva riviera- Lausaunne, Montreaux, Vevey. If you really want to buy its better to buy even in Paris or Nice in the French riviera and then take a flight to Geneva for a holiday for a few days.

Comment

Hi going hongkong next month.....any seniors can recommend where to buy authentic preowned watches in hongkong? Can pm me if not convenient tahnks in advance.

Comment

Sports model may be cheaper in HK AD as they offer at least 5% disc, but definitely not DJ or YM, as Singapore AD offers 10% at least. I bought my 116610LN in HK AD at IFC at a lower price than Singapore in March
                          H.Moser & Cie Mayu
                          Speedmaster Sandwich
                          SubC 116610
                          Daytona 16520

Comment

Originally posted by dnsfpl View Post
                            any reason why rolex in swiss/euro is app 10-15% higher than hk/sg

my tour guide told me rolex in swiss/euro is made in swiss, therefore higher price

is it worth to get it there?

thanks
                            one of my colleague went to europe for holiday recently and his tour guide told him the same thing!!
                            simi kangtao?

Comment

Originally posted by WYLIE194 View Post
                              Sports model may be cheaper in HK AD as they offer at least 5% disc, but definitely not DJ or YM, as Singapore AD offers 10% at least. I bought my 116610LN in HK AD at IFC at a lower price than Singapore in March
                              Hi how much u paid for it? ty
                              simi kangtao?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X