Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does the lack of papers affect selling price ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't go wrong with the 16520

Originally posted by absolutgary View Post
    Right.. the papers went mia on him .. I reckoned i got a pretty good price from the seller Anyhoo i totally get your point bro reborn but then taking again the example of the 1655 .. i'm pretty sure that even without papers, the seller would have made a good return on his "investment" not to mention the pleasure of being able to wear the watch ? So i reckon should i decide to sell the watch say 10 yrs from now, i should be able to get a healthy return on this watch, i had the luck of procuring plus not to mention all the envious looks i get from people .. its a daytona after all .. why i didnt get the new in house movement ? I guess its how collectable and hyped the zenith movements daytonas are .. I guess i still have time to grab a 4130 movement after this piece .. Maybe a white dial one next if the price is right
    I really enjoy the pieces I own.... enjoy.....

Comment

so do i ...

Comment

Well Done!

Well done! A Daytona will always be a Daytona, there seems to be somesort of romance that comes with owning one. For me unless it's a Rolex that is within 1yrs - 5 yrs(quite strange for ayone not to have papers for something that new) I don't really care for papers when it comes to Rolex. Because in the end, the series numbers will be able to indicate with certain accuracy the age of the manufacture and a simple transaction at RSC would qualify to its authenticity. It would be nice to have the original boxes and booklets though.

For me I went for a white dial inverted 6 T dial TT Zenith Daytona with Arabic numbers. It was very difficult for me to find the dial I liked so when I found it, didn't matter that the papers were missing.

Enjoy!

Comment

Here's mine

Welcome to the club ! Pardon the lousy pic.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by absolutgary View Post
            Ok guys . Need a little help here . Say i was offered the same watch .. Condition wise but .. One is with papers and the other without .. its a 2004/2005 model and both no more warranty. So whats a reasonable difference, more like what's the norm ? 200 to 300 ? thanks for any help rendered
            Regardless of what don't buy! In the market there are alot of good watches for sales. Unless it is a old discon watch without paper and box also can buy.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X