LTB Rolex Deepsea...need assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTB Rolex Deepsea...need assistance

Hi all, i'm looking to buy a pre-owned Deepsea, but I would like to learn more about the series. I came across some V series..etc what does the alphabet mean?

Thanks in advance...

the alphabet is an indicator to say which period the watch was produced. for V series, the production period was from 08/2008 to 05/2010.

however, the alphabet series has been replaced by alphanumeric series. in this case, only rolex can decipher the code. it is introduced from beginning 2010.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thanks for the reply, so the alphanumeric could be in random order so as consumers we have no way of figuring it out, unlike the old system which is ascending?

Comment

I am not sure what you actually meant by ascending but it was never 'ascending' with ROLEX if you are referring to a, b, c to z. From 1987, ROLEX started to put a letter in front of the six-digit serial number such as 'R123456' - 'R' being those (watches) produced in 1987, followed by 'L123456', with 'L' being in 1988, and so on. So 'R' and 'L' does not 'ascend' in this manner.

This 'chart' of serial numbering on production dates, in the first place, was never officially announced by ROLEX if I am not wrong. It was a combined effort (I believe) by members of the international watch forums/groups over a period of time. I stand corrected though. Such information can be readily available online if you do a search for it. Here's a quick look at ROLEX's production dates:

'R' - 1987
        'L' - 1988
        'E' - 1990
        'X' - 1991
        'N'- 1991 (Nov)
        'C' - 1992
        'S- - 1993
        'W' - 1995
        'T' - 1996
        'U' - 1997 (Aug)

'V' - 2008 (Aug)
        'G' - 2010 (Jun)