Re: Rolex Everose Gold - Daytona or Day Date II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rolex Everose Gold - Daytona or Day Date II

I am comtemplating between the Rolex Daytona (40mm - 116505) or the Day Date II (41mm - 218235) everose gold.

I like the Daytona because it comes with the Chronograph, however I like the President bracelet on the Day Date II.

Questions:

1. Which is a better buy in terms of popularity / rare in the market?
    2. Which piece will be able to fetch a better resale value?
    3. I was quoted 15% off list price, is that consider reasonable offer from either Sincere or the Hour Glass?

Originally posted by Beemer View Post
    I am comtemplating between the Rolex Daytona (40mm - 116505) or the Day Date II (41mm - 218235) everose gold.

I like the Daytona because it comes with the Chronograph, however I like the President bracelet on the Day Date II.

Questions:

1. Which is a better buy in terms of popularity / rare in the market?
    2. Which piece will be able to fetch a better resale value?
    3. I was quoted 15% off list price, is that consider reasonable offer from either Sincere or the Hour Glass?
    1) You want something different, get the Everose Daytona
    2) The resale for both...would be undesireable if you intend to sell them within a short period of time. You probably lose 10k the moment you step outta the shop.
    3) These days...that's about the kinda pricing.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Is the Day Date more common than the Daytona?
      2) The resale for both...would be undesireable if you intend to sell them within a short period of time. You probably lose 10k the moment you step outta the shop.
      That's a lot to lose over a short period, just like car. The moment someone collect the car, it depreciate immediately. I cannot immagine losing $10k the moment I get the watch, thanks for the advice, may not buy Rolex then. Will a Patek Nautilus Steel model depreciate as much? The price is around $45k from Patek boutique at MBS?
      3) These days...that's about the kinda pricing.

Comment

It's really down to you at the end of the day. We all have our own preferences, but you have to go with how you feel with it.
        Your choice of watches are both completely different styles to each other. You need to other pertinent questions on how it will fit into your lifestyle too, not just based on resale value, etc.

When do you think you will be wearing it the most?
        Will you wear it when doing sports or only when working?

Comment

I tried out both the model, preferably the Day Date as it looks bigger on my wrist and I am use to big watches like Panerai. For the Day Date II, a pink dial with diamond or chocolate dial will looks better on a guy? I don't usually see guys wearing diamond on their Rolex, just a thought, however resale value is important.

I will like to wear it for sports and work too, however if I am going to lose $10k the moment I step out of the shop, that idea doesn't sound good to me, if I sell in SGROC, will the resale value be better?

I am not rich, therefore resale value to me is important, as I like to trade my watch to fund for other watches.

Comment

I tried out both the model, preferably the Day Date as it looks bigger on my wrist and I am use to big watches like Panerai. For the Day Date II, a pink dial with diamond or chocolate dial will looks better on a guy? I don't usually see guys wearing diamond on their Rolex, just a thought, however resale value is important.

I will like to wear it for sports and work too, however if I am going to lose $10k the moment I step out of the shop, that idea doesn't sound good to me, if I sell in SGROC, will the resale value be better?

I am not rich, therefore resale value to me is important, as I like to trade my watch to fund for other watches.
            I think you have quite a bit of contradictions. Firstly, the choice of dial color(s) is very personal. Buy what you like and not what is popular. What's the point of wearing something seemingly popular and not really what you like?

Secondly, I see that you haven't bought the watch yet? And yet you are, now, talking about the resale value and selling it in the forum or else where. What is it you really, really want? You want to buy a watch to wear it or buy a watch to sell it? If it's the latter, then I'd rather you keep the money and invest it somewhere else.

Thirdly, you said that you are not rich .. and OMG ... this' something I can't fathom. You are seeking advice here to buy a watch that will likely cost you many thousands of dollars and "I am not rich"?!

Seriously, how much those models will make you lose I am not sure but one thing for sure is you will lose money if you buy either of them new from the ADs. That is if you were to re-sell it. You may consider to find and buy one that is pre-owned. In this way, you may only lose little or not, depending on the price you have bought for.

So, good luck!
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Oh yeah, before I forget. In response to what you are actually seeking, I will prefer the ROLEX Daytona ..
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Well, you cannot make money out of watches if you buy them from AD and hope to sell them in the near future. If resale is very impt, I suggest you get a preowned then your depreciation won't be so bad should you need to sell it urgently. That's how it works for especially solid gold models, you lose the most when you need to sell it.

Why don't you see guys wearing diamonds on their Rolex, nice what haha.

Comment

Is the Day Date more common than the Daytona?
                  That's a lot to lose over a short period, just like car. The moment someone collect the car, it depreciate immediately. I cannot immagine losing $10k the moment I get the watch, thanks for the advice, may not buy Rolex then. Will a Patek Nautilus Steel model depreciate as much? The price is around $45k from Patek boutique at MBS?
                  Anything bought new in an AD will definitely lose money if you sell in the future. Doesn't mean that you buy a popular Patek means you ain't gonna lose much money man.

Buy preowned selectively at the right price, you stand to lose as little as possible. Be damn lucky if you break even...

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    ...Thirdly, you said that you are not rich .. and OMG ... this' something I can't fathom. You are seeking advice here to buy a watch that will likely cost you many thousands of dollars and "I am not rich"?!...
                    I'm puzzled by this too!!! Not rich already splurging nearly $40k on a watch!!! Guess I'm very poor judging from such a high level of wealth meter!!!

Oh yeah, before I forget. In response to what you are actually seeking, I will prefer the ROLEX Daytona ..
                    x2!!! Still pondering whether to get this too!!!
                    Current
                    ------------
                    SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                    SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                    SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by hypersocial View Post
                      I'm puzzled by this too!!! Not rich already splurging nearly $40k on a watch!!! Guess I'm very poor judging from such a high level of wealth meter!!!

x2!!! Still pondering whether to get this too!!!
                      I am very poor according to the wealth meter. 40k sia. Get Everose Daytona,
                      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Oi friend! U seem 2 b wanting a lot of watches hor? Ex2 la, pam la, dj la, nw daytona lo..

u oledi got daytona liao rite? y so tam-sim??
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Oi friend! U seem 2 b wanting a lot of watches hor? Ex2 la, pam la, dj la, nw daytona lo..

u oledi got daytona liao rite? y so tam-sim??
                          All the poison flowing in the mind!!!

If really get the RG Daytona then will let go the SS Daytona. But keep thinking how am I gonna pull it off wearing RG Daytona with T-shirts & berms most of the time, not gonna let it be a white elephant!!!
                          Current
                          ------------
                          SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                          SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                          SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Whichever watch you choose, it sounds to me that you ought to only look at buying in the second hand market.
                            As you mentioned at the beginning, you like to trade in watches to fund other watches, so you should definitely not be looking to buy new from ADs. Your losses would be huge no matter which watch you get.

BTW: Being POOR is a relative word. Many people in here will certainly consider you to be quite "well-to-do" to be even considering a spend of over $40k on a watch.

Comment

I think you have quite a bit of contradictions. Firstly, the choice of dial color(s) is very personal. Buy what you like and not what is popular. What's the point of wearing something seemingly popular and not really what you like?

Secondly, I see that you haven't bought the watch yet? And yet you are, now, talking about the resale value and selling it in the forum or else where. What is it you really, really want? You want to buy a watch to wear it or buy a watch to sell it? If it's the latter, then I'd rather you keep the money and invest it somewhere else.

Thirdly, you said that you are not rich .. and OMG ... this' something I can't fathom. You are seeking advice here to buy a watch that will likely cost you many thousands of dollars and "I am not rich"?!

Seriously, how much those models will make you lose I am not sure but one thing for sure is you will lose money if you buy either of them new from the ADs. That is if you were to re-sell it. You may consider to find and buy one that is pre-owned. In this way, you may only lose little or not, depending on the price you have bought for.

So, good luck!
                              For the past 1 year, I have bought 4 Panerai, 1 Rolex and 1 AP, therefore I always sell and fund another watch once kenna poison. Therefore I need to look at the resale value before commiting.

Cheers

Beemer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X