Re: Rolex Everose Gold - Daytona or Day Date II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Oi friend! U seem 2 b wanting a lot of watches hor? Ex2 la, pam la, dj la, nw daytona lo..

u oledi got daytona liao rite? y so tam-sim??
    Everose I like it, and yesterday I just sold off my PAM 312 ot a nice gentleman, therefore looking at Rolex, kenna poison!

Comment

Hi Bro Beemer, like to ask for the watches that you have sold off ...which ones u have make money on or break even on your purchase price???

Share your insights pls...

Thanks in advance...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Wow ! This is good enough to discredit your "I am not rich" .. . Ok, jokes aside. If this is the case, then either model you have indicated will not have good resale value. You can roughly gauge from the many gurus who have responded to you. And since this' going to be the situation, you can set your mind to the next stage, i.e. which is the one model that you like better?
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
          Hi Bro Beemer, like to ask for the watches that you have sold off ...which ones u have make money on or break even on your purchase price???

Share your insights pls...

Thanks in advance...
          Lose money on all watches, the 1 which I lose the most was a Graham Oversize, purchase at $15k, and sell it at $8k within a year.

Only 1 watch I make money which was the Omega Micheal Schmacheal Limited Edition which was many years ago.

Therefore resale value is important for everyone, unless my father Mr. Wee (UOB), but sadly NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Wow ! This is good enough to discredit your "I am not rich" .. . Ok, jokes aside. If this is the case, then either model you have indicated will not have good resale value. You can roughly gauge from the many gurus who have responded to you. And since this' going to be the situation, you can set your mind to the next stage, i.e. which is the one model that you like better?
            Most likely the Day Date II, however discount is only 15% off list price.

Comment

Great advice from all forummers, that's what make it attractive and informative on the forum.

Cheers

Beemer

Comment

Wow...at least u make money on at least one....

For me , i lose way too much when i sell....hence...cannot contribute much to picking good re-sale value watches....

My motto when comes to watch buying - Buy what the heart desire

Comment

Wow...at least u make money on at least one....

For me , i lose way too much when i sell....hence...cannot contribute much to picking good re-sale value watches....

My motto when comes to watch buying - Buy what the heart desire
                  So I luckier in a sense that at least I make $1k, but lose more on other watches. :->

Comment

Hahahaha....true....i suppose i will watch this thread with more interest from now on and seek enlightenment from all the gurus....

Hope to see pictures of your new purchase soon!!!

Comment

Hahahaha....true....i suppose i will watch this thread with more interest from now on and seek enlightenment from all the gurus....

Hope to see pictures of your new purchase soon!!!
                      Heehee!!!

Comment

I intend to buy both the Rose gold daytona and DDII but from the pre-own market, lose minimal.

I have the same concerns as you (i.e re-sale value) so you may want to consider the above options again.

agree with DA anywatch you buy brand new (like cars) you take a very big hit the moment you buy and put the watch on your wrist, its considered 2nd hand.
                        My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                        1) WG DIA 18239
                        2) YG DIA 18238
                        3) WG 18239
                        4) YG 18238
                        5) YG 18248G Bark
                        6) WG DIA 18039
                        7) WG 18039
                        8) YG 18038
                        9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                        10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                        11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                        12) WG 1803
                        13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                        1)GMT II 116718 18K
                        2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                        1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                        2)D15037 14k
                        3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                          I intend to buy both the Rose gold daytona and DDII but from the pre-own market, lose minimal.

I have the same concerns as you (i.e re-sale value) so you may want to consider the above options again.

agree with DA anywatch you buy brand new (like cars) you take a very big hit the moment you buy and put the watch on your wrist, its considered 2nd hand.
                          Mr Daydate has spoken.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                            Whichever watch you choose, it sounds to me that you ought to only look at buying in the second hand market.
                            As you mentioned at the beginning, you like to trade in watches to fund other watches, so you should definitely not be looking to buy new from ADs. Your losses would be huge no matter which watch you get.

BTW: Being POOR is a relative word. Many people in here will certainly consider you to be quite "well-to-do" to be even considering a spend of over $40k on a watch.
                            buying from the 2nd hand market is good advice - however, it is relatively difficult to get an everose watch in the 2nd hand market.

Comment

Day Date II is too big and chunky. Daytona Rose gold is just right.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X