Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Price Direction of Vintage Rolex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Price Direction of Vintage Rolex?

For bros (collectors and not dealers pls for obvious reasons) who have been watching the vintage market, what are your views regarding price direction in the next few years? From what I see, the prices have been stagnant in general and had peaked in 2008?

Pls share your views on how your read the price direction and whether it is a good time to pick up vintage Rollies. Thks!
    His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

i am not a vintage watch person. if i answered this question before these 2 days, i would say, vintage rolex prices has almost hit rock bottom. prices have been about there for the past 6 months +-. it is probably a good time to pick up vintage rolex.

however, my perspective has changed over the past 3 days. world wide economy does not look rosy. us and europe will be the first to be hit if there is a adverse economic condition. the effect in singapore will be felt probably about 1-2 months later.

i doubt the prices will be lower by more than 15% based on current market average price.

as mentioned. dont chase after the watch. wait for the watch to come to you. if you are not a 'fussy' buyer, then look for one that match your expectation and get it. if you are a 'fussy' buyer, it gets abit tougher. why? you may start to scrutinize the case lugs, the case back, the movement itself, the dial, the hands, the pip, the bracelet condition, the bracelet code to match the serial, etc.

if you are buying one for keeps, the price should not matter that much. it is the condition and other factors that you will be more particular about. if you are getting one for flipping exercise, then you have to slowly look because price is a determinant.

for vintage, price and condition of watch goes hand in hand. how much are you willing to pay may determine what condition of watch is available.

in my quest for the ultimate 6694, it is not easy. a close to unpolished case, with blue dial, good bracelet is hard to find
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Can't predict how vintage will move. If whole watch market down due to world economy down, vintage also will not be spared.

However, the plus of vintage is it's unique charm and inelastic supply. Most collectors of vintages are real lovers and not easy to make them part with their prize pieces.

Comment

Wonder if the yellow gold or white gold in the Rolex bezel n bracelets have any effects on future price direction? If so, then the indication is good n rosy as Gold price just peaked many new heights in the last few months...with many traders in the commodities world predicting higher prices n even one predicting $2000 by the end of this year...

Since the stock markets world over is in bloody red, with Europe in no sight of a good bailout, esp Italy n Spain...(good news n hurray for short traders) and US's spiralling debts...Prospects for gold price may indeed b rosy...n hopefully indirectly tis MAY helps to either maintain or even increase the price of vintage ROLEX...HURRAY ALL ROLEXIANS LOVERS!!!

Cheers all Rolexians Lovers! ;-)
        My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
        Rolex DateJust 16233,
        Rolex Submariner 16613LN
        Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
        Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
        Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
        Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
        Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
        Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
        Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Hi, I agree with triton. Nice and good 6694 is hard to come by. So far I have come across lots of Black dial, Silver and champagne. But hardly see those with Blue or Red dial. I think must be costly.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X