No announcement yet.

sunday times article on Rolex modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ermm.. i wonder if anyone from this forum own a PVD rolex?

and did they ever send in their rolex for servicing?

Comment

you mean sent to RSC? confirm RSC wont take it for servicing. say a DJ is not suppose to have a diamond gold bezel and a customer puts it such a bezel which is original rolex but came from another model, RSC will not service the watch.

Originally posted by oxen69 View Post

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by oxen69 View Post

I don't think any PVD Rolex owner would send theirs in for servicing

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Standard lah, of cos Rolex will not honour the warr. Already build a reputation so well known and popular and now suddenly got ppl use their watch and brand for profit, of cos wont endorse or support it lah. Rolex is not wrong to do that. In fact it is correct for rolex to do so since it not original, owners must be prepared to look at other sources for watch servicing. But of cos if i do own a modified rolex or even a original rolex, i wont bring back rolex for servicing too as it charge way too ex liao unless only they can fix the problem haha

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
            Pal. May not be accurate in Singapore. There are a few insurers who has disclaimer that ANY modification would invalid the insurance. I heard of a friend who was refused claim by insurer for tinted windows...citing it impaired judgement.
            Also got case of AD refused to repair engine issue due to bigger rims...citing the bigger rims put more stress on the axials...blah blah and indirectly hurt the engine.

So, rolex can surely say just be opening the case back could already constitute to movement failure.
            Interesting to read that the dealership said that having bigger wheels will have more stress on axles and indirectly hurt the engine.

Even more interesting regarding insurance in sg.

as for opening case back can contribute to mov't failure, that would be almost the same as saying, opening the "OIL" cap on my car will cause debris to get into engine and thus cause failure
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Funnily enough, I had an incident where I changed the spark plugs myself and didn't blow air into the holes before inserting the new ones. I subsequently found out a "foreign" particle had managed to get into the piston chamber. Over a few months, it eventually ground through the piston resulting in a hole as big as a 10 cent coin!

It was a very expensive lesson for me with a blown engine, and all because of a small piece of dirt under high pressure in a piston chamber!

I never change my own spark plugs anymore.

Comment

scanned entire article. to make easy read

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

cheers triton for the scanned article! makes for a good read.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

the interesting thing now is that if any of these 3rd parties does such modifications on a watch after the warranty has expired to sell. does it make any difference to the warranty? to me no difference. only issue is when i want to flip the watch and the buyer says i need it to authenticate it @ RSC.

we have heard of many people saying so-so is a ex-rolex technician. however im not sure how many people who use their services actually ask the technician to provide proof. that being the case, why is it that customer trust them? if customer trust them, why can't consumer use these technician service to authentic? will there be a market so such ex rolex technician in our current market?

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

The term/title "ex ROLEX technician" is subjective. Firstly I do not know which level/degree of expertise he is. Is there some form of grading or rank in that industry? Secondly, will he be issued/given some form of certificate/licence for having been one? If not, then we will just have to accept such credentials on word-of-mouth? Or is there some kind of "gag order" that no ROLEX technician is allowed to openly divulge he is one, so he has to do it on the discreet?
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

if these so-called can verify that they are ex-rolex technician through certification or something, it will be good. it gives them even more credibility. this will increase their net-worth should they leave rolex or will rolex come out with more non-disclosure if the staff leaves the company?

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Hi,

AM i allowed to sell modified Rolex in garage?

Thanks

Comment

As long as the watch is authentic and not fake. It is ok.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i think it's ok as long as the watch is genuine and not a replica. depending on the extent of modification, the only issue i foresee is that the buyer may not be able to send it for RSC verification since RSC officially do not support mod watches.

Comment

Originally posted by jamberinz View Post
                                i think it's ok as long as the watch is genuine and not a replica. depending on the extent of modification, the only issue i foresee is that the buyer may not be able to send it for RSC verification since RSC officially do not support mod watches.
                                actually its a gift, I cant be sure if its a genuine...

but i dun think the person will give me a fake base on our relationship

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X