Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Rolex Daytona 116519 has second hand that moves ANTI CLOCKWISE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Rolex Daytona 116519 has second hand that moves ANTI CLOCKWISE!

Hi everyone, a basic introduction to myself. I joined sg-roc forum as I really need help with my new watch.
    I am also new to watch collecting and recently bought myself a Daytona. I bought it brand new from local AD and I was told it's a special watch that the SECONDS hand moves anti clockwise. Everyone at the AD said that its normal and it is a limited piece.

So here are the questions I have about my watch. How does the movement for this piece work? I don't understand how they could make the second hand move anti clockwise. It is just so cool and I love the piece so much!!

Also, can someone let me know if there are any other pieces from Rolex that have second hand moving anti clockwise? I would really love to find another piece like this!

I think it just means....your watch needs to be sent for repair.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      I think it just means....your watch needs to be sent for repair.
      Lolz.
      Current
      ------------
      SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
      SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
      SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by Hugeewreckation View Post
        I bought it brand new from local AD and I was told it's a special watch that the SECONDS hand moves anti clockwise. Everyone at the AD said that its normal and it is a limited piece.
        i find that hard to believe. something is broken inside your watch and needs replacing.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Agreed, I've never heard of any watch that had the sec hand moving anti-clockwise. Mind telling us which AD you bought this watch from?

Comment

Maybe some wheel/gear in the movement are fixed wrongly? Like that also can...which AD is that? Didn't they charge you more for this "limited edition"?
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Is it still under warranty? Never heard of such thing before. Does the chrono function normally or anti clockwise too?

Comment

Woah, you all wake up very early ah. Thanks for all the replies! Yes, it is brand new. Still have 2 years warranty.
                The chrono function turns anti clockwise too. The only thing clockwise on this piece is the minutes and hours.

For the chrono, got 3 circles right, the numbering on the circles are opposite from the normal daytona. So looking at it clockwise from top for example, will be 60, 40, 20. Instead of 60, 20, 40. Nice right!!

Comment

You have just been duped and you would like it to happen again?

No literature ever mentioned any Rolex (past, present) having this function. And if they ever make such a limited piece, you can be sure it would not land on a new buyer like you.

The AD that sold you this cock and bull story should be shot dead and reported to Rolex HQ!

I have a special potion that can allow you to drip onto your watch and it will protect your watch from evil spirits. It's a special potion that I only make once every 25 years. If you want this special potion, I can let you have it at a special price. Only for you cos you have a anti-clockwise moving watch.

Comment

Interesting "limited edition"!!! This is the 1st time I heard such cases from a local AD. Obviously, a second hand that turns anti-clockwise is spoilt, and how could they (not Rolex itself) call it limited edition. I think you better send it for servicing & confront the AD.

Comment

On second thought, it is hard to believe that a sale guy in any reputated AD will dare to bluff the customer with such ridiculous story for a prodcut that is supposed to be quite well known...
                      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Dun feed the trolls...hahahaha
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          Dun feed the trolls...hahahaha
                          Haha. There's another one who visits once a while and present his wealthy stories.

Next I will say Patek just made a Limited Edition watch that can detect radiation! (The dial will show a rabbit. When there is radiation, the ears will drop, eyes drop etc) Limited to 30 pieces. For number 1, you have to collect it within 1 km at Fukushima. For no. 2, then can collect 2 km away.

Comment

Guys let me explain. But first, how come my post doesn't come up? It says a mod has to approve my post. Why like that? I don't get a chance to explain..

Comment

Mods? Sorry if you feel irritated. But I would really like to explain. Why isn't my posts going up? Can I have more rights to posting? I am serious about this and you can feel free to ban me immediately if deem fit. I would like more privileges to post. Thanks.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X