No announcement yet.

Rolex to Shower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the art of time keeping. Every moment is precious.

Comment

I think the moral of the story is...
      When you are taking a shower, make sure you are 100% naked!
      Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

I never wear any watch to shower as i will be afraid of knock on the watch. So i just gave them a wash with soap and water before shower...
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

i share my conversation with the Oris service centre technician. i think it applies to all watches, not just oris.

from his experience, regardless of depth rating, should not wear watch to shower. the varying temperature of the water as we sometimes take hot shower, can cause differential expansion (though very very small) in the watch case. as a result there may appear fine fine gaps in crown tube and screw case. the alkalinity of the soap water that accounts for the "soapy" feeling can allow water molecules to enter the case interior through this fine gaps formed from expansion and contraction.

he says if you really want to wash your watch, running water with crown facing down is the best. this get rids of sweat and dirt.

if you let the sweat stay, when the sweat dries up between the groves of the watch, it becomes small salt crystals and expands and pushes against the surroundings, this will "pry" open the gaps in the watch case and crown tube, allowing water intrusion.

technically, if the gaskets are working properly, a screw down crown (even when unscrewed but not pulled out) will not allow water intrusion.

i don't wear my watch to bathe because sometimes we unclasp to wash the wrist, the watch may slip out due to slippery soap water.

just my 2cents.

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
          http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

An informative piece. Tx for sharing
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by WatchAdmirer View Post
              just for the fun of discussing.... in the first place.... why?

for reliability test? for laziness to remove? for the love of the watch that cannot part with it for a while?
              hahhaha hey thats me you're talking about.
              I hope I don't get struck by lightning. - Barbarella

Comment

Originally posted by trapping-bird View Post
                The following could be a few reasons why a rolex is being worn during shower

1. Wash watch at the same time
                2. Cant bear to remove te watch
                3. Too lazy to remove
                4. To time the duration of shower
                5. Just to enjoy a shower with beloved watch

For me the reason is # 1 ....

LOL... so many reasons. U're damn creative.

Comment

Originally posted by kohym View Post
                  i share my conversation with the Oris service centre technician. i think it applies to all watches, not just oris.

from his experience, regardless of depth rating, should not wear watch to shower. the varying temperature of the water as we sometimes take hot shower, can cause differential expansion (though very very small) in the watch case. as a result there may appear fine fine gaps in crown tube and screw case. the alkalinity of the soap water that accounts for the "soapy" feeling can allow water molecules to enter the case interior through this fine gaps formed from expansion and contraction.

he says if you really want to wash your watch, running water with crown facing down is the best. this get rids of sweat and dirt.

if you let the sweat stay, when the sweat dries up between the groves of the watch, it becomes small salt crystals and expands and pushes against the surroundings, this will "pry" open the gaps in the watch case and crown tube, allowing water intrusion.

technically, if the gaskets are working properly, a screw down crown (even when unscrewed but not pulled out) will not allow water intrusion.

i don't wear my watch to bathe because sometimes we unclasp to wash the wrist, the watch may slip out due to slippery soap water.

just my 2cents.
                  Very informative. Gonna take your advice bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer Reporting View Post
                    LOL... so many reasons. U're damn creative.
                    point #6, need to time a quickie when someone else enters the shower with you. if it's a Rolex then a more expensive quickie. hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                      point #6, need to time a quickie when someone else enters the shower with you. if it's a Rolex then a more expensive quickie. hahahahaha
                      probably i will use a Daytona.. LOL

wait.

damm, i don't have a Daytona

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                      http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

#7; for self defense (public shower)

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                          i wear my sub and explorer 2 to swim, wash car, play tennis, and daily chores and to bed.
                          i wear my daytona for everything as above except to swim
                          i wear my day date for daily chores and sometimes to bed.

no problem leh!
                          that's the way, bro !

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                            i wear my sub and explorer 2 to swim, wash car...
                            you not scared the bracelet will scratch paintwork meh?
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X