Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex to Shower?

Hi all,

Just curious do you guys wear your rolex to shower? I was doing that all the time with my explorer till some uncles told me not to..

I personally think that it is ok as most rolexes are water tight for 100 mm. So any other opinion?

Thanks

Originally posted by trapping-bird View Post
    Just curious do you guys wear your rolex to shower? I was doing that all the time with my explorer till some uncles told me not to..
    i shower with my rolex everyday, even my day-date. i wash it thoroughly with soap and water at the end of my shower.

maybe those uncles have not serviced their watches in a long time and therefore they are no longer WR?
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Even though most watches are made solidly and are totally waterproof. I don't see the reason why the need to take a shower with a watch on. It only takes a few seconds to remove it and besides, how can you clean your wrist properly if you have a watch on?

Then there's the added burden of having to dry your watch after you have finished too.

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
        Even though most watches are made solidly and are totally waterproof. I don't see the reason why the need to take a shower with a watch on. It only takes a few seconds to remove it and besides, how can you clean your wrist properly if you have a watch on?

Then there's the added burden of having to dry your watch after you have finished too.
        I second this.

Although watch is waterproof, but chances of getting ringworm may be higher.
        :bounce: [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]The importance of Fine Timepieces that keeps track of my time[/SIZE][/FONT] :bounce:

[U][B]Personal Favourties[/B][/U]:-
        [B][COLOR="green"]DateJust
        Day-Date
        OysterDate
        Submariner
        GMT Master
        Explorer I / II[/COLOR][/B]

Please visit: [url]www.dongfangrichard.com[/url] for more information!

Comment

some ang mohs even dumped their GMTs from freezer to fire...
          http://www.minus4plus6.com/ouch.htm

Hi all,

I personally think that it is ok as most rolexes are water tight for 100 mm. So any other opinion?

Thanks
          Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
          Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
          GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
          GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
          DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
          DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
          , 18238 malachite
          DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
          AP 15300 Black
          Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
          GP 18k RG
          IWC Port 3714 Chrono
          Chronoswiss Skeleton
          Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Wearing a watch to shower
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

the most important point to note when one decide to wear a watch to shower, the watch must either be certified to be able to go under a shower. even if it is certified, it is important to check that the proofing is done properly.

an explorer can be worn into a shower, however, if the rubber seal is damaged, water can seeped through. if the case is pitted, water can seep through also. if the case back is not tighten properly, water can also seep through.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post

True also. Plus, will run the risk of watch (hard) knock against soft body parts! Or watch accidentally knocked against tap/wall (harder) in my case cos shower room not big!

I do run my watch (casios/timex) under tap after I had gone for a jog in them. I used to swim with my Tag (now Casio) with no problem and I have seen someone swim in an AP and PP 5980 (overseas in hotel swimming pool). I tried swimming with Swatch but CMI (water go in).
                If I have a modern Rolex, will not mind bring it to swim but not my vintages.

Comment

just for the fun of discussing.... in the first place.... why?

for reliability test? for laziness to remove? for the love of the watch that cannot part with it for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by WatchAdmirer View Post
                    just for the fun of discussing.... in the first place.... why?

for reliability test? for laziness to remove? for the love of the watch that cannot part with it for a while?
                    The following could be a few reasons why a rolex is being worn during shower

1. Wash watch at the same time
                    2. Cant bear to remove te watch
                    3. Too lazy to remove
                    4. To time the duration of shower
                    5. Just to enjoy a shower with beloved watch

For me the reason is # 1 ....

Comment

The only moment you can be naked with the Rolex...
                      Current:
                      Rolex Submariner 16610LV
                      Rolex Explorer II 16570 Black Dial
                      Rolex Datejust 68273
                      Rolex 6694 Silver Tapestry Dial
                      Omega Seamaster Professional
                      Omega Speedmaster Auto 3539.50
                      Ebel Sports 181909

Wishlist:

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (coke bezel)
                      Rolex Seadweller 16600

Comment

i can think of another moment whilst being naked with a rolex

sometimes im lazy to remove watch too, just make sure crown is tight and all is good.

heck, i can think of alot of things i do with my watch on; i remember "cooking" with a friend, and i had my watch on whilst helping to make noodles. can imagine all the flour in between the bracelet links when finished.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

The only time that i will wear my watch to shower is to wash it. However, i wear my SS Sub to sleep everyday.
                          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                            The only time that i will wear my watch to shower is to wash it. However, i wear my SS Sub to sleep everyday.
                            Hmm bro, I tried wearing my rolex to sleep but worry that it may hit my wife who is sleeping beside me.. Also I may knock against the lamp table.. But it is great to sleep with your rolex on.. The feeling is wonderful!!

Comment

Hmm bro, I tried wearing my rolex to sleep but worry that it may hit my wife who is sleeping beside me.. Also I may knock against the lamp table.. But it is great to sleep with your rolex on.. The feeling is wonderful!!
                              I did that a few times before and dis knock it against bed frame. Try putting it next to your ears to sleep. The soft ticking sound is very therapeutic.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X