X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMT Master n GMT Master II

Hi All

Need advice on whether to buy a GMT Master or GMT Master II

Went to the shop today and was told the GMT Master Pepsi 1999 model going for 6.8k, GMT Master II Coke 2004 going for 6.6k. Both with cert and Local AD for the GMT Master.

Was told that the GMT Master will fetch better resale value. But from what i see in this forum, the GMT II seems to be selling better than the GMT Master IMHO.

Which one would you go for? I think the illu dials on the GMT II looks whiter.

On the other hand, will one with a cert from local AD fetch better price? They also claim they can try to find the box for me. Is the box the green colour type?

BTW, this shop claims they offer 2 year warranty on defects. AND verification at RSC is only after i paid for it and bring it there myself. They claim they will refund if RSC rejects the watch.

Need advice.

Thanks

I would buy both , to me is different watch altogether.

Still go RSC for verification since refund is garantee.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
    SS SD,
    SS YM,
    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
      to me is different watch altogether.
      Yep, agree that these could be considered as different watches altogether and you should get both if you can afford it.

The box for the GMT Master should look something like this.

Comment

Personally...I would get the GMT Master I first...

GMT II so many out there....not hard to get

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

the 16700 or GMT Master was only produced from 1988 and it was said that it ended in 1999. As for the 16710 or GMT Master II, they were made available in a longer duration spanning from 1988 to the M series dated to 2008.

As for functionality of these 2 GMTs, the notable difference is the number of timezones each is able to track. The 16700 is a twin timezone GMT watch while the 16710 can track 3 different timezones. The 16700 also has quick-set date feature whereas the 16710 does not.

Csometically, the differences would be "SWISS" for the 16700 versus "SWISS MADE" for the 16710. the 1999 16700 u had sourced for is the A series that is the last batch with the "SWISS" mark below the 6th hour marker. the 2004 16710 would dates it to either Y or F series with the "SWISS MADE" mark below the 6th hour marker and it should come without lug holes if its a later Y series or F series.

On resale value, I still think it is one of supply/demand and completeness of the watch set. So when u compare both their production periods, the number of 16710 would naturally be larger in the resale market and from a resale value perspective, larger numbers would mean an abundance of them in resale market that drives up supply and may press prices down a little in the long run when the current demand for them simmers. In addition, a watch that comes complete with the box, papers, accessories would have a slight edge in resale value as these are preferred by "majority' of the buyers. its hard to predict what the value of the watch u buy may be worth in future and so decision should ultimately bolis down to what u like now. juz my 2cents
          HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
          REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X