Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on GMT IIc

Hi Guys

Need some advice on buying a GMT IIc as im new to this and would like to find out more details before i buy one.

Can anyone advise the market rate for a used GMT IIc, the one with the black bezel?

Which year are they? Seems like its the newer model.Saw one going for 7k at a second hand shop.

What should i look out for when i purchase one? Does having cert n box fetch better resale value in the market?

Any kind souls pls advise.

Thanks in advance.

S$7k??? where? SS or TT?

Comment

The GMT IIc (116710) was introduced @ the Basel Watch Fair in April 2007. So you can see it is quite recent. BNIB is being sold at premium as supply seems to be limited currently.

So if you can get a pre-owned at $7K, that's a good price I would say. Yes, box and paper is a plus.

So which shop did you see this watch? Care to share?

Originally posted by Lexus View Post
      Hi Guys

Need some advice on buying a GMT IIc as im new to this and would like to find out more details before i buy one.

Can anyone advise the market rate for a used GMT IIc, the one with the black bezel?

Which year are they? Seems like its the newer model.Saw one going for 7k at a second hand shop.

What should i look out for when i purchase one? Does having cert n box fetch better resale value in the market?

Any kind souls pls advise.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

7k + is possible but probably the condition quite jialat and no box and papers.

Yes Box and papers does fetch a better resale,about $200-300 more usually

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Wow so cheap? where to buy?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
          SS SD,
          SS YM,
          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

if u really want to get GMTIIc, just to let u know that the polished links & crasp area get scratched easily....

do considered watches with brushed links....

regards

Comment

Hi Guys

could it be a gmt 2 black that he saw?

i have been scouting for a pre-owned gmt-c. price range is about sgd8.5k+/-.

hope that helps.

Comment

Hi Bros

Went back to the shop today and was told it was sold. Im pretty sure he said 7k plus for it. Sigh.

Looks like i may just settle for the GMT-II Coke.

Questions:
                1) The asking 6k plus for a 2004 model. Is that an ok price?

2) I was wondering if i can change the coke bezel to the black one easily at the Rolex Centre. If yes, do i get to keep both bezels?

3) Is it possible to request verification at RSC before purchase from shop cos the cert states that the AD is in Turkey.

Thanks in advance

Comment

you may try in our rolex sales section here,maybe you can get one in mint with full box and papers at around price get at preown shops..full box and papers fetch a better resale if in future gonna sell it off..

Comment

Hi Bros

Went back to the shop today and was told it was sold. Im pretty sure he said 7k plus for it. Sigh.

Questions:

2) I was wondering if i can change the coke bezel to the black one easily at the Rolex Centre. If yes, do i get to keep both bezels?

3) Is it possible to request verification at RSC before purchase from shop cos the cert states that the AD is in Turkey.

Thanks in advance

Can share which shop were you visited?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                    SS SD,
                    SS YM,
                    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

geez...the poison is spreading...and at $7k its a steal for a preowned...i mean how bad condition can it be for a watch that is less than a yr in the market? the most is couple of scratches on the links and crasp, these can easily be smoothen out...with a couple of hundreds on polish..it will look brand new. sweets.

probably the seller is hit by the recent financial armageddon.
                      Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                      Tag Heuer Formula 1
                      Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                      Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                      Rolex GMT II 16710
                      Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Hi Bro

It was some shop in People's Park.

Comment

Bro. Are you certain you saw a GMT II CERAMIC? I doubt so. OR the shop owner is just throwing a price to entice you... 7k + for a pre-owned 116710 is not possible. Like the other brothers said, 1yr + model, condition cannot be that bad. If its due to an accident, the shop also won't take in. Unless there is some internal alteration that the is no longer authentic although the exterior is.

Peoples park somemore, I am sure its not possible that the quoted 7k+ was for the GMT IIc (even if it is 7,999. Possibly when you are gona buy it, they said they made a mistake..

My 2cents worth.

Hi Bros

Questions:

Thanks in advance
                          Last edited by jazz_samz; 19-09-08, 01:18 AM.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                          - GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Just to add on... such retailer selling pre-owned would surely be looking at a profit of between S$500 (min) and higher. I doubt anybody out there would dump their GMT cII at such a low price even if it was purchased overseas... unless its stolen.... Still, the pre-owned shop would know the market and won't price it low 7k (assuming without box and paper)

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                            - GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Hi Bros

Come to think of it there may be a possibility of them offering ridiculous prices just to entice u to come back. Or maybe they think im not a serious buyer so anyhow quote or the salesgirl blur and make a mistake?? Damn should have bought it there n then.

Sigh how to trust them then. They offer me the GMT II at 6.6k with cert without box. But verification at RSC only after i buy it! 2 years warranty.

Dunno if i can trust them not after reading all these feedbacks.

Is there any other good resale shops i can look at?

Cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X