Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meteorite & Mother of pearl

hi all,

Can anybody highlight the pros and con of Meteorite & Mother of pearl?
    basically i am eyeing on a meteorite dial datejust for my wife. however it seems that mother of pearl is slightly more expensive.

Salesman told me that mother of pearl is more fragile compared to the meteorite.
    I would like to know more information of this meteorite material.
    pls discuss.

Thanks!

Mother of pearl more fragile? Definitely! But the salesperson sound as if like your wife is going for war and need a strong material for the dial. And meteorite material, so is it still radioactive? RJ must have follow Rolex meteorite dial gimmick and came out with all the ridiculous expensive sinking ship metal watch and outer space rock with hole watch. Just buy what your wife like.
    sigpic

Comment

When your question is regarding dials of two different materials, wondering what kind of answers were you expecting other than aesthetic?

Regarding fragility, as any one of the dials will be encased in an oyster case, do you think it will make much of a difference? Unless your salesman is also an experienced watchmaker handling both types of dials, suggest that you take what he said as another sales spiel.

Comment

Havent heard of any issues regarding fragility to be honest. And its the first time ive heard that MOP is weaker than meteorite. Unless you are planning for some sort of warfare, I think regardless of the dial choice, you will be ok.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X