to name or not to name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to name or not to name

I seen some of the sellers indicating in the sales that they have a warranty card

Then someone asked if the card is named? Does this really matter? Will RSC check the to NRIC? What is the significance of this card to the watch?

unnamed warranty means that u can always put in your name later. however, RSC will know which year the watch is manufactured through the series label. if the watch has been brought in for service @ RSC, they will have a record also even if the card is un-named. in fact, RSC does not even ask for the warranty card.

warranty only covers manufacturer defects. as such normal servicing will have to be paid also. i have not heard any rolex watch that has to be repaired under warranty period except for the COSC timing.

they will not ask for NRIC to match unless the watch is blacklisted.

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
    I seen some of the sellers indicating in the sales that they have a warranty card.

it only matters if it is a BNIB piece as a new buyer will want to have his/her name on it. other than BNIB condition, i see no reason why there is any significance between having name or no name on the card

Then someone asked if the card is named? Does this really matter? Will RSC check the to NRIC? What is the significance of this card to the watch?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      i have not heard any rolex watch that has to be repaired under warranty period
      I'm one such unlucky soul...so you may add me to the statistics.

Comment

duh... what exactly happened?

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
        I'm one such unlucky soul...so you may add me to the statistics.

Comment

I seen some of the sellers indicating in the sales that they have a warranty card

No they will not bother. Only within 2 years...you are covered by warrenty. They won't care who brings the watch to RSC...don't have to match with the name on the paper

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Does it mean, the name on the card will not make any difference? Then why ask comsumer to fill up?

Comment

Yeah loh... everytime buy from ADs also got "forced" to write down... don't understand ...

Does it mean, the name on the card will not make any difference? Then why ask comsumer to fill up?

Comment

I think they do not want you to regret and return the item...
                even if you do, most pple will feel bad to return , cos it is already named....

Whatever it is..... the only reason i ask is becuase if i ever were to buy one from others.... I know I can use the card no matter what... this is good enough

Comment

ADs are "bound by duty" to insist that the customer fill in all necessary details on the warranty paper/card.....

some ADs dun follow the rule though.........
                  the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                  visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Doubt u can ever return a Rolex that u purchased back to an AD here for a refund. Its a different thing in US, there's actually a 30 day money back refund even for a Rolex. As such, the AD usually issues the warranty after the 30 day period though u can request for it earlier.

I think they do not want you to regret and return the item...
                    even if you do, most pple will feel bad to return , cos it is already named....

Whatever it is..... the only reason i ask is becuase if i ever were to buy one from others.... I know I can use the card no matter what... this is good enough
                    sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                      Doubt u can ever return a Rolex that u purchased back to an AD here for a refund. Its a different thing in US, there's actually a 30 day money back refund even for a Rolex. As such, the AD usually issues the warranty after the 30 day period though u can request for it earlier.
                      Buying at local AD is good as we can be almost sure the watches we buy have not been taken on 30 day loans by previous customers.

It is bad if you discover some scratches or flaws after you bring the watch home and find it difficult to exchange for a new watch.

In the US, it seems to be common practice (or law even) in most states to be able to bring goods back if not satisfied within a time frame.

Comment

The return policy is a double edged sword. As for anything that u buy, u need to check the item before bringing back. The same goes for buying a watch from a local AD. If u did not bother to examine the watch carefully before bringing back and u discovered a scratch later, i doubt very much u can return the watch back to the AD for a full refund.
                        sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

It doesn't matter. Just the seller's tactic wanted to impress buyers about the status of watches as BNIB.

It is advice to have watches verify at RSC if purchase is not from ADs or some established pre-owned shop.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...