Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Rolex still keep good time after 20 yrs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Submariner Guy View Post
    ...As someone said, the RSC is only for newbies.
    this may or may not be true, and really depends on your situation... we must realize that RSC is the best place to send your rolex watches to. it is NOT the cheapest place, but the watchmakers were trained to be at the top of their game and they have master watch maker(s) on hand to do QC.

sure, there are slip ups now and then. people complain watches get scratched for simple jobs and some particles were lodged here and there within the watch and maybe a misaligned date wheel or even lousy timing... but the same problems can also happen at ANY third party watch maker's... and i doubt they have a master watch maker on hand to do QC checks.

it is also not possible to replicate RSC facilities at a third party watch maker's shop (water pressure testing, clean controlled environment, proper oils, etc).

some people feel that even at its current prices ($1k?), an RSC overhaul is worth every cent because the work done there will guarantee your watch for 2 years all over the globe AND everything is (replaced if necessary), assembled, oiled and tuned to factory specs. no where else can you get this guarantee.

so if you're "some people" then there can be no substitute for an RSC overhaul. i guess what i'm just trying to say is...

there are pros and cons. although it may not always make financial sense to send a watch to RSC, but i think sometimes, for some people and some watches, it's worth paying for an RSC job! the pros and cons are for YOU to decide.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
      this may or may not be true, and really depends on your situation... we must realize that RSC is the best place to send your rolex watches to. it is NOT the cheapest place, but the watchmakers were trained to be at the top of their game and they have master watch maker(s) on hand to do QC.

sure, there are slip ups now and then. people complain watches get scratched for simple jobs and some particles were lodged here and there within the watch and maybe a misaligned date wheel or even lousy timing... but the same problems can also happen at ANY third party watch maker's... and i doubt they have a master watch maker on hand to do QC checks.

it is also not possible to replicate RSC facilities at a third party watch maker's shop (water pressure testing, clean controlled environment, proper oils, etc).

some people feel that even at its current prices ($1k?), an RSC overhaul is worth every cent because the work done there will guarantee your watch for 2 years all over the globe AND everything is (replaced if necessary), assembled, oiled and tuned to factory specs. no where else can you get this guarantee.

so if you're "some people" then there can be no substitute for an RSC overhaul. i guess what i'm just trying to say is...

there are pros and cons. although it may not always make financial sense to send a watch to RSC, but i think sometimes, for some people and some watches, it's worth paying for an RSC job! the pros and cons are for YOU to decide.
      Very well advice Mr. Taxico.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X