rolex a non-profit organisation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rolex a non-profit organisation?

is rolex really a non-profit organisation?

Upon the death of his wife in 1944, Wilsdorf established the Hans Wildorf Foundation in which he left all of his Rolex shares, making sure that some of the company's income would go to charity. The company is still owned by a private trust, and shares are not traded on any stock exchange

I know it's a private owned company...not traded in any stock exchange that's al. Income to charity? that I dunno....

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

of cos not.....
      the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
      visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Nope, who said/claimed they are?

Comment

It is a private foundation i.e. funding is from a single source, the Wilsdoft family. Profits made are to be channeled towards charitable and research endeavours. I believe they do not have to pay tax due to these activities.

The research part came up with the parachrom bleu and DSSD

Comment

BUt look at it this way....if it's a non-profit organization...why bother opening and doing business?

Which business man would want to do a business that's not profitable...

Comment

Rolex is not non-profit. They just channeled some of their profits to charities and research works. This entitle them to be considered as a foundation and so do not have to pay tax. Smart move isn't it.

Another way to look at it is that by buying Rolex you are indirectly helping those who requires help.

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                Rolex is not non-profit. They just channeled some of their profits to charities and research works. This entitle them to be considered as a foundation and so do not have to pay tax. Smart move isn't it.

Another way to look at it is that by buying Rolex you are indirectly helping those who requires help.
                Win-Win situation

Comment

you believe? I personally dont think so. But just my A$0.02
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

My take on this.

The main reason is that Wilsdoft wanted to ensure the longevity of his company and that control stays in the family. If the company is publicly listed you just don't know what will happen in the long term. There may be attempts for hostile take overs which will wrest control away from his heirs. In the process he gets to help charitable and research organisations.

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                      It is a private foundation i.e. funding is from a single source, the Wilsdoft family. Profits made are to be channeled towards charitable and research endeavours. I believe they do not have to pay tax due to these activities.

The research part came up with the parachrom bleu and DSSD
                      I think that the company dont need to pay tax for the amt that they had donated to charity.
                      Just my guess.

Comment

Try google for "Hans Wilsdorf Foundation" and you will find the answer. Here's some extract.

Upon Mr. Wilsdorf's death in 1960, he owned all of Rolex and the Company today is still privately held and overseen by the Hans Wilsdorf Foundation which is a Charitable Organization. It is said that the proceeds discretely go to Children's Charities around the world (Mr. Wilsdorf was an orphan) and to cutting edge entrepreneurial endeavors (Mr. Wilsdorf had over 700 patents).
                        ++++
                        Upon the death of his wife in 1944, he established the Hans Wildorf Foundation in which he left all of his shares in Rolex, making sure that an amount of the company's income would go to charity. The company remains a foundation to the present day. Wilsdorf died in Geneva on July 6, 1960.

Comment

No need to list the company and also doesn't matter whether it is non-profit or make-profit company.... what matter is those present CEO, CFO, directors are receiving good salary, fat bonus, free company cars, etc. Did you guys learned from NKF?

Originally posted by speed View Post
                          Try google for "Hans Wilsdorf Foundation" and you will find the answer. Here's some extract.

Comment

HAHAH You forgot GOLDEN TAP!!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                            - GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

well, just thought of sharing. at least this is the "official" foundation and their purposes, of course what happened behind the scene is beyond us.

guess we can't compare with NKF, one is a business centre that earns it own money and the other is funded totally by donation. so this does not stop them from paying big money for people, marketing, posh showroom, sponsorship etc etc just because it is a charity org, else you may find RSC operating in a warehouse somewhere in Tuas or Changi.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                              No need to list the company and also doesn't matter whether it is non-profit or make-profit company.... what matter is those present CEO, CFO, directors are receiving good salary, fat bonus, free company cars, etc. Did you guys learned from NKF?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X