Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to verify authenticity of luxury handbags/goods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to verify authenticity of luxury handbags/goods?

Most often than not, when we have family/relatives/friends travelling to certain countries/places where luxury items are less pricy than in Singapore, we will entrust them to buy for us. As per title, how can we do it? Can any ladies in the house help me, pls?

Tx
    The Crown Of Achievement

its quite dependent on the brand that is purchase, as far as i am aware not all the label does verification of their items. But popular brands like Chanel, LV does (on a discreet basis). Since it a purchase from the boutique, the receipts from them would include the serial no. of the item. (LV, Chanel, Hermes). Else there are 2nd handshop, that might do you the favor.

Other ladies in the house might be able to provide you with more insight, since my knowledge on the luxury items are limited.
    Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Most often than not, when we have family/relatives/friends travelling to certain countries/places where luxury items are less pricy than in Singapore, we will entrust them to buy for us. As per title, how can we do it? Can any ladies in the house help me, pls?

Tx
      Not a lady..though my picture says so hahah!

Very simple bro...if you don't trust you won't ask them to buy mah same logic, if ppl dun think that the items i m selling are real, they won't buy or even enquire further. If need any help, I will see if I can help if I can that is.

You really need some experience in handling both authentic and fake items + product knowledge before you are able to authenticate.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
        its quite dependent on the brand that is purchase, as far as i am aware not all the label does verification of their items. But popular brands like Chanel, LV does (on a discreet basis). Since it a purchase from the boutique, the receipts from them would include the serial no. of the item. (LV, Chanel, Hermes). Else there are 2nd handshop, that might do you the favor.

Other ladies in the house might be able to provide you with more insight, since my knowledge on the luxury items are limited.
        You can use the cheapo method, bring it to preowned dealer and ask them to quote you a price. Indirectly if they quote you a price...98% chance it's authentic

Comment

another method is bring it for repair, if they accept then it's prob authentic.

Comment

Tx for the responses ladies. I am more concerned if there are more 'official' forms of verification like the RSC on ROLEX/tudor watches. At least they give some form of 'assurance' to those who buy pre-owned watches.

And to a certain degree, yes, there should be trust but do also bear in mind that not all of us have direct relationships to the buyers. For example, one of my colleague's wife's colleague has a friend who is a flight stewardess. She travels very often and to countries in the Europe. Often, the wife's colleague would get her friend to buy luxury handbags. And sometimes (if she remembered) she would ask my colleague's wife if she wanted to "tom-pang buy". Can trust? Maybe between the buyer and her good friend (direct) still can but what if the relationship gets 'distanced'? Will you entrust a colleague's wife's colleague's friend whom you have never seen, to buy an $8K chanel handbag from a foreign land?

How do we then verify 'officially'? The trick is this: this same handbag will have cost you $11K+ if bought new in Singapore.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Tx for the responses ladies. I am more concerned if there are more 'official' forms of verification like the RSC on ROLEX/tudor watches. At least they give some form of 'assurance' to those who buy pre-owned watches.

And to a certain degree, yes, there should be trust but do also bear in mind that not all of us have direct relationships to the buyers. For example, one of my colleague's wife's colleague has a friend who is a flight stewardess. She travels very often and to countries in the Europe. Often, the wife's colleague would get her friend to buy luxury handbags. And sometimes (if she remembered) she would ask my colleague's wife if she wanted to "tom-pang buy". Can trust? Maybe between the buyer and her good friend (direct) still can but what if the relationship gets 'distanced'? Will you entrust a colleague's wife's colleague's friend whom you have never seen, to buy an $8K chanel handbag from a foreign land?

How do we then verify 'officially'? The trick is this: this same handbag will have cost you $11K+ if bought new in Singapore.
              it depends on where the bag is from. if from paris/europe then it should be fine since they have a super strict law abt fakes. i dun think chanel here do verification though. for chanel there is a serial number inside the bag and it shld be the same as the authenticity card given (thou this can be faked too)

but here's a another trick, bring the bag to chanel together with the receipt and say you'll like to do an exchange. bcoz they need to check the bag to make sure it's new/undamaged, so in an indirect way they may be checking the authencity for the bag.

anyway it really depends on your level of trust. i guess it's like those resellers, if previously the bags the buyer bought is authentic then should be fine. otherwise, no pt worrying like mad.

p/s: im not a lady but i work in one of these kind of stores.

Comment

There is no "official" website or places for you to verify bags like watches (Rolex service centre ,Richemont,etc)

Yes, there are alot of "very very very" good imitations of bags around so if really the relationship is too far off then better not.
                As these scammers are able to provide boutique receipts,paper bags,boxes,warranty cards,dust bag,serial numbers whatever you want.

There was once a period the "Fake" Hermes Birkins is so good that alot of people got scammed.

Unless you know the seller personally and you think you can trust the person,I believe you could save quite a bit.
                Heehee.... my full support of Europe shopping.

Maybe I should organise Europe shopping trip for all the wives and girlfriends of all the bros in SGROC.

We shop ,the husband or boyfriend pay!!!!!!!

Yeah!!!!!

Comment

sounds good, i have a "to buy list"!!
                  Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by patricia View Post
                    There is no "official" website or places for you to verify bags like watches (Rolex service centre ,Richemont,etc)

Yes, there are alot of "very very very" good imitations of bags around so if really the relationship is too far off then better not.
                    As these scammers are able to provide boutique receipts,paper bags,boxes,warranty cards,dust bag,serial numbers whatever you want.

There was once a period the "Fake" Hermes Birkins is so good that alot of people got scammed.

Unless you know the seller personally and you think you can trust the person,I believe you could save quite a bit.
                    Heehee.... my full support of Europe shopping.

Maybe I should organise Europe shopping trip for all the wives and girlfriends of all the bros in SGROC.

We shop ,the husband or boyfriend pay!!!!!!!

Yeah!!!!!

Yeah agreed!

Can I join in the shopping part heeheee...I go look for a girlfriend first!!

Comment

I know of ppl who provide such services...generally speaking it's safe but I feel that not worth going 1 big round.

Might as well buy from me! Confirm safe! (Joking lahh hahah) But in anycase, from the looks of it, you don't totally trust that stranger which you only heard of through a friend.

Don't bother..if not how good price you buy you also have doubts and cannot enjoy your bag.

Comment

Tx for the invaluable responses again. I think I will have to trust whoever is doing it I guess. I am really shocked at the prices of these luxury items in Singapore because having made few comparisons with some countries, the savings can be quite substantial.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

time for you to go travelling.

Comment

not all bags can be authenticated....i know you can bring bags to bottega and LV to do so....i'm not sure about others though
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a