Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you buy a brand new rolex from AD 15-20 years ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you buy a brand new rolex from AD 15-20 years ago?

I bought a burberry scarf for an ex gf 15 years ago and it costs about $200+ but now when i check with burberry,their scarves costs from $500-$600+. Damn,I didn't know their returns are so good, else I should have bought a few more to keep.

So the question is, did any senior remb how much they bought their rolexes brand new from AD 15-20 years ago? And now the same model is selling how much in AD? Is it like the above example which jump about 300%?

Can tell my wife to forget it liao, I expect price to increase to about low $300+ but not this high. 'Mai bu xia le lor',might as well buy leather wallet with that type of money.

Ya but not everything will go up in value...

My dad bought for my mum a Rolex gold watch but unfortunately the Celini range (damn) more than 30 years ago for 6.6K and now, worth probably less, even though I still have box and papers. Only some models of Rolex and other brands go up in value, not all. Even for the scarf, from $200 to $500 over 15 years is not really alot. I think Hermes scarf will have better investment value...

Comment

My grandpa bought a rolex 1601 from a shop at beach road for one thousand five hundred in 1979. The watch and org receipt with me. Today, it is valued at around same price. If my grandpa had used the same money to buy a Paul Newman dial Daytona in 1979, the watch will now cost $90000.

Ha

Comment

When you take into inflation; you are actually losing money.

1979 $1 > 2011 $1.

But some models like the PN Daytona, you would be making a killing, but then to realise your true profit you'd have to sell it.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Why not buy a few Burberry scarves now and hold onto it for another 15-20 years and see what value it is then? Based on 300%, they'll be worth thousands!

Comment

My dad buy a TT DJ with diamond in 1989 for 6+K, now it is only worth 3+K. Supply and Demand rule applies.
            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X