Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is a fair price for DSSD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List price, or preferably slightly lower than that. Dun think it can command a premium in the long run as it's regular production.

DSSD is quite uncomfortable to wear as a daily watch.

It's too big, thick and looks a bit funny on our asian wrists. Most of the big retailers in Japan have one for display and after trying it on myself, my opinion is that better to save money and go for the current Sea-Dweller 4000. Or wait for the rumoured submariner coming next year.

Oh yes, retail price in Japan = 997,500 yen.

Comment

In Japan, are they selling at retail price or premium?

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
      List price, or preferably slightly lower than that. Dun think it can command a premium in the long run as it's regular production.

DSSD is quite uncomfortable to wear as a daily watch.

It's too big, thick and looks a bit funny on our asian wrists. Most of the big retailers in Japan have one for display and after trying it on myself, my opinion is that better to save money and go for the current Sea-Dweller 4000. Or wait for the rumoured submariner coming next year.

Oh yes, retail price in Japan = 997,500 yen.

Comment

Retail, but they dun accept reservations/waiting lists so depends on ur luck. Most of the time the hot models end up in the grey dealers who sell them for premium.

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
          Retail, but they dun accept reservations/waiting lists so depends on ur luck. Most of the time the hot models end up in the grey dealers who sell them for premium.
          It is always the case... the grey dealers will somehow got contact and capital to absorb the quantity and then release it slowly at a profit...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
          SS SD,
          SS YM,
          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Price aside, ever considered the resale value of the Deep Sea locally?

Might be very hard to sell as the thing is really much bigger than I thought. If you have big wrists, you'd be lucky if its case + end links were not wider than your wrist!

lateral size is one thing, the case plus crystal sits really high on the wrist, perhaps more than two submariners high.

For resale, one might get lots of "oohs" and "ah's" but few with wrists big enough to step forward to buy.

This might meam dismal re-sale value, especially if one bought at a premium and the price dropped after that due to low local demand.

I was enthusiastic about the design, but apart from the frightening size and doubtful resale prospects the high premium demanded so far is really putting me off.

I would definitely pay a reasonable premium if these reservations could be addressed, and the Deep Sea is everything the Sea Dweller is and more, without any drawbacks.
            Last edited by dsdfan99; 26-08-08, 08:27 PM.

Comment

In another words, save the money and buy a 116520 instead!
              Originally posted by dsdfan99 View Post
              Price aside, ever considered the resale value of the Deep Sea locally?

Might be very hard to sell as the thing is really much bigger than I thought. If you have big wrists, you'd be lucky if its case + end links were not wider than your wrist!

lateral size is one thing, the case plus crystal sits really high on the wrist, perhaps two and a half subs high.

For resale, one might get lots of "oohs" and "ah's" but no one with wrists big enough to step forward to buy.

This might meam dismal re-sale value, especially if one bought at a premium and the price dropped after that due to low local demand.

I was enthusiastic about the design, but apart from the frightening size and doubtful resale prospects the high premium demanded so far is really putting me off.

I would definitely pay a reasonable premium if these reservations could be addressed. I would definitely buy if the Deep Sea is a Super Sea Dweller. That means, it is everything the Sea Dweller is and more, without any drawbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Listen to this man's wise advice

Comment

This rings true. 116520 was to be next in line after Deep Sea, but Deep Sea's oversized case and premium may just push 116520 to the front of the line.

116520 is a safe bet unless premium drops further on.

Any idea if white SS Daytona can be bought for below 17K at AD's?
                  Last edited by dsdfan99; 27-08-08, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                    Listen to this man's wise advice
                    I will wait for the DeepSea to turn "Shallow", unless got "loh bang" of WG Daytona... No point paying a premium now.

In Japan, it cost 997,500 Yens = S$13K, But in this forum people are asking S$24K, It is crazy... can buy 2 watches in Japan.

Must do a lot of leg work and home work....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                    SS SD,
                    SS YM,
                    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

As with all new models of sport Rolexes (esp SS ones), people will always ask for premium due to initial scarcity. I think those who buy only want them for bragging rights. :P

As history has shown us (with the exception of 116520), prices will eventually come to a sane level when the initial mystique has worn off. Have patience and our pockets will thank us for it. Of course no one is stopping you if you have the moolah to splash!
                      Last edited by chongj88; 27-08-08, 11:19 AM. Reason: grammar
                      Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                        I will wait for the DeepSea to turn "Shallow", unless got "loh bang" of WG Daytona... No point paying a premium now.

In Japan, it cost 997,500 Yens = S$13K, But in this forum people are asking S$24K, It is crazy... can buy 2 watches in Japan.

Must do a lot of leg work and home work....
                        exactly...just b'cos it's the first DSSD for sale in the forum doesn't make it right to charge such a high premium....to make a little profit is fine but definitely not sky rocket prices...
                        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV
                        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

To some, it's the pleasure of knowing that you have the first piece that is available in the country. And for this "privilege", are willing to pay the premium for it. To each his own, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                            To some, it's the pleasure of knowing that you have the first piece that is available in the country. And for this "privilege", are willing to pay the premium for it. To each his own, I guess.
                            A S$11k privilege to be Singapore first? He is likely not the first, the first is the seller who brought in then watch. And quite likely there are few already wearing it without us knowing in Singapore....

Who ever bought it, I salute him...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Sometime it is hard to explain... I paid premium for my milgauss but not because I want people to salute me... if I like people to salute me, i sign on already... the feeling is like first love and when you have extra cash in your pocket, it is very very very hard to resist...

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                              A S$11k privilege to be Singapore first? He is likely not the first, the first is the seller who brought in then watch. And quite likely there are few already wearing it without us knowing in Singapore....

Who ever bought it, I salute him...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                                exactly...just b'cos it's the first DSSD for sale in the forum doesn't make it right to charge such a high premium....to make a little profit is fine but definitely not sky rocket prices...
                                We do not know how much profit the seller makes out of it as he might hv gotten it at a very high premium also. As the item was listed before the DSSD was released into the local market so there wasn't any indicative price to start with. Of course now we roughly know what is the going rate at the local Ad's so maybe the selling price here could be more reflective of that.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X