Any Import tax in Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by profjohn View Post
    You're right 116520, they want to catch people with alcohol, cigs and drugs. The duty on this is very high.

Last April, I went home to Sg for Easter, I was stopped and they asked me if I have any thing to declare, I said no. In my suitcase was the box, receipt and papers for my LV I was bringing to safekeep with my parents. They x-rayed my suitcase and just said 'THANK YOU', but in my hand carrier was the actual watch! They didn't even x-ray my hand luggage!
    Actually they are quite stupid... How much cigs, alcohol can you bring in? how much is the tax as compare to a 116520?

When you are going to buy watch oversea, don't wear any watch there, buy the watch and Put it on, it will be ok...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
    SS SD,
    SS YM,
    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
      Bro... catch small fry to make an example of themm actually looking for big smugglers...
      Far watches and jewelleries... may pose a problem as diff to prove that it is brand new.. and prob defining the value.. Customs officers on duty also close one eye or have many paper work..
      They must be closing two eyes at times... ha ha ha. People exit with other's passport also can go thro'... So 5 Rolex also no problems... Just do it...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
        Actually they are quite stupid... How much cigs, alcohol can you bring in? how much is the tax as compare to a 116520?

When you are going to buy watch oversea, don't wear any watch there, buy the watch and Put it on, it will be ok...
        This forum is really helpful.
        Thank all the senior bros here for all the useful informations.
        Really appreciate it.
        Actually i intend to carrying back my GMTIIc with cert, BNIB but not to sell just for display in my house for my daily antidote to the posion. but have to change my plan now.
        Dun want to get into any trouble with the law...

Comment

Originally posted by profjohn View Post
          Wear whatever you buy on your wrist and post the box and papers home. That is the best solution. In most countries, they exempt jewellery and watches from import tax - not sure about Sg.
          booklet, manual, box etc can replace..not diff to find... but papers cannot replace... so keep papers or the CC type in yr wallet/ bring bck.

sg also no import tax on these... but GST yes... hee

Comment

Originally posted by kee_on_rolex View Post
            Actually i intend to carrying back my GMTIIc with cert, BNIB but not to sell just for display in my house for my daily antidote to the posion.
            So which part of your feature wall you are going to hang your GMTIIc for display? Wahahah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by surestik View Post
              So which part of your feature wall you are going to hang your GMTIIc for display? Wahahah!!!
              Not going to hang..cos if drop...siao liao....
              Put the watch in the box and put inside my glass cabinet at my living room.
              Although only one GMTIIc inside... and also some other sentimental stuffs lah..
              and also my job is not convenient to wear such watch.

Comment

quite safe la..

as long not contraband stuff, you're safe!

Comment

Huh... burgar come hit jackpot...

I bet you don't have any maid... if got, maid hit jackpot this time...

Not going to hang..cos if drop...siao liao....
                  Put the watch in the box and put inside my glass cabinet at my living room.
                  Although only one GMTIIc inside... and also some other sentimental stuffs lah..
                  and also my job is not convenient to wear such watch.

Comment

waaah GMTIIc for display.... must be one of the most exclusive display I must say..
                    Sorry lah...I am not rich... Just a normal GMTIIc(Actually the most expensive watch i ever bought in my life)...for viewing pleasure in my own flat

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      Huh... burgar come hit jackpot...

I bet you don't have any maid... if got, maid hit jackpot this time...
                      you are right, i have no maid lah ...if have maid is the other way round...the maid inside, the watch outside........just kidding....
                      shld be safe...i hope...but i cannot wear to work leh but i love the watch...
                      Kana burgar no choice....Bad luck.....

I think there are a lot of bros here that have a collection of precious watch in their flat or hse...

Comment

Not to worry lah, can still wear on your off days mah.

Comment

I bought a small safe hidden somewhere in house. If really got break in, still can buy some time... if travel overseas will transfer everything to bank safe deposit box...

Singapore is safe but it doesn't mean bad things will not happen here... I see a lot youngster left their bags and handphones around and it is too late when things are lost...

you are right, i have no maid lah ...if have maid is the other way round...the maid inside, the watch outside........just kidding....
                          Kana burgar no choice....Bad luck.....

I think there are a lot of bros here that have a collection of precious watch in their flat or hse...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                            I bought a small safe hidden somewhere in house. If really got break in, still can buy some time... if travel overseas will transfer everything to bank safe deposit box...

Singapore is safe but it doesn't mean bad things will not happen here... I see a lot youngster left their bags and handphones around and it is too late when things are lost...
                            Must have a lot of collection then. Really envy most of the guys here that can afford lot of beauties......I must work harder then

Comment

Yes yes... have a goal and work hard for it! I am working hard for sub LV now...

well, everyone starts from begining... U have a jump start with GMT IIc

Comment

ha ha ha.... I know I know.... very good price indeed... but I haven't saved enough... can't use "future" money... still got a family to feed... ha ha...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X