is this rolex fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redneckk View Post
    yeah! the plat YM! and dont forget even alan wore a few rollies before. haha. SS Sub, Plat DD. etc. definitely product placement. i didnt know charlie collects watches though. cnt figure out the black leather dress watch he wears though. great show nonetheless.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKUcichpNO8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJrDgf48vVw

When Alan sold out Charlie for a rolex

Originally posted by redneckk View Post
    oh yeah! that reminds me of what bro Darkie said about a "TT" DD. which is actually gold and white gold rather than gold and steel.
    Never seen the TT DD before. Care to share any resources that can point me in the right direction.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

there are NO two-tone day-dates in gold/SS.

there are a few SS day-dates floating out there, but exceedingly rare and some people question its legitimacy.

there is, however, the tridor rolex day-date...

(not my pic)

many companies make watches that look like the rolex DD... titoni comes to mind. as does tudor.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        there are NO two-tone day-dates in gold/SS.

there are a few SS day-dates floating out there, but exceedingly rare and some people question its legitimacy.

there is, however, the tridor rolex day-date...

(not my pic)

many companies make watches that look like the rolex DD... titoni comes to mind. as does tudor.
        Yeap I told redneck about the Tridor. That's the only TT "Looking"

I heard about SS DayDates long time ago when I was in WUS that time...some said very limited amounts were produced. And sold at the same cost of the gold pieces

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

interesting... never seen them before.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            I heard about SS DayDates long time ago when I was in WUS that time...some said very limited amounts were produced. And sold at the same cost of the gold pieces
            IIRC the SS DDs were never commercially sold but were internal pre-production models. i think they never went with that direction... and thus distributed internally.

again, i cannot be 100% sure coz i don't have perfect memory these days... but it's (to me) as mystical as the WG blue cartier acrylic sub.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
              IIRC the SS DDs were never commercially sold but were internal pre-production models. i think they never went with that direction... and thus distributed internally.

again, i cannot be 100% sure coz i don't have perfect memory these days... but it's (to me) as mystical as the WG blue cartier acrylic sub.
              Yeap...agreed!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X