Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it depends on how close the design resembles the original

Originally posted by repfreak View Post
    I need to know if Homage watch is really legal without contacting the law. Similar pam rep with no logo or what so ever.

Did Militare Marina pay some patent rights fees to Panerai?
    I know some big brands are suing some of the so-called "hommage" watches. To each his own, but not for me.

"Hommage" is just a euphemistic word for copy watch. People also like to call franken watches "project" watches. What a load of BS !

By the way, is there any reason to want to close this thread just because people are criticising "hommage" watches? Just curious....
    Last edited by Reborn; 20-08-08, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Yes, the Panerai copy watches are selling very well

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      He jus wans to "wack" those hommages. At te rate tis hommages r selling here, pple's eyes turn green la... i still feel, to each his own la

Understandable. For one of the hot models, the real Panerai is SGD 22k. The copy one is only SGD 1.5k.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        By the way, is there any reason to want to close this thread just because people are criticising "hommage" watches? Just curious....
        not really..... unless things get too "hot" ..... or when the discussion is seriously OT....
        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
          not really..... unless things get too "hot" ..... or when the discussion is seriously OT....
          and appreciate your openness !

Comment

Oh, pls do not close this thread. I have nothing against homage watches... dont be so sensitive. In fact, I like homage watches. However, I'm just thinking that if selling homage is illegal in Singapore, wont be the forum be closing down because members are selling homage watches here.. If members got caught, I cannot buy homage watches liao...
            The forum won't close down.. more over the forum is a non-profit web site.
            If what your said is true, then newspaper already closed shop long ago, because people also sold fake goods through news paper advertising, some more they charge the people for money

SS Daytona Black Dial,
            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
            SS SD,
            SS YM,
            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Against law

yes those homage. anyting look like to sugges its a real one is considered wrong. tat is if authority wan to go hard, tey can. go ask those vendors at our pasar malams. they tell u real stories

Comment

Oh, pls do not close this thread. I have nothing against homage watches... dont be so sensitive. In fact, I like homage watches. However, I'm just thinking that if selling homage is illegal in Singapore, wont be the forum be closing down because members are selling homage watches here.. If members got caught, I cannot buy homage watches liao...
                Ok..

NO worries la...it's not illegal as of now. Even if it is...it's to the manufacturers to worry

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser//netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO %2Fsearch-adv.html&r=1&p=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&S1=%22officine+pa nerai%2C+branch+of+richemont+international+sa%22&O S="officine+panerai,+branch+of+richemont+internati onal+sa"&RS="officine+panerai,+branch+of+richemont +international+sa"

I did a bit of research on my own and found that Panerai only protect its movement. So MM watches the caseback is covered so no one will know?

Comment

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser//netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO %2Fsearch-adv.html&r=1&p=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&S1=%22officine+pa nerai%2C+branch+of+richemont+international+sa%22&O S="officine+panerai,+branch+of+richemont+internati onal+sa"&RS="officine+panerai,+branch+of+richemont +international+sa"

I did a bit of research on my own and found that Panerai only protect its movement. So MM watches the caseback is covered so no one will know?
                    Wow! Panerai don't patent their watch design and it cost so much... that is sad sad sad...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                    SS SD,
                    SS YM,
                    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

So far, i been in and out the police station with the 47mm hommage watch with no trouble at all...in fact some of cops enquired on the watch and they seem to like the watch alot...so i suppose it is quite safe and no laws are broken so far...that is my 2cents of comments...
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

corek. law nt enforce-able on consumers. mainly producers & distributors. uniform police duno wan. u try walk into te intellectual property rites office in C.I.D. at cantonment wif ur mm20 n ask? kidding

Comment

lol, you meant really funny, in and out of the police station, even it is legal, I wont want to have it because everytime i wear it, I have to visit the station in out in out in out in out... WAIT A MINUTE! you are selling them the watches loh, din sell us... No wonder, police recently wear so nice watches...

Anyway, I hope the readers here can also help to chip in the research that if Panerai really patent their designs... As far as I see, there isnt.. Hope someone can also chip in some info

Comment

hahaha..i go to police stations becoz of other matters..not becoz of the watch..lol....

Comment

btw i m no dealer..juz a hommage freak..hahaha...u can refer to my sig below...

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                                hahaha..i go to police stations becoz of other matters..not becoz of the watch..lol....
                                OTHER MATTERS..hmm..everytime tio caught at geylang ah?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X