Rolex with visible tourbillon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex with visible tourbillon

just curious, are there any Rolex watches with tourbillon shown on the dial?

Doesn't exist.

I know the chiong ones has...hahaha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

chiong one also rare.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

ah...how much would an other-brand tourbillon watch cost? anything affordable that is not more than 10k? think it'll be great to just stare at the movements when I don't feel like working and feel like daydreaming...

Comment

for a real tourbillon, can find chinese made one <10K.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Seagull tourby cost less than $10k and a few other china and india made tourby. I seen the seagull personally, and it really of good quality under naked eye (just my 2$). But you most like need to take a flight to get it.

Anyway the tourby are being hijack by the big swiss companies, many used third party tourby movement and put their name on it and sell at ridicious price. If you do not trust developing country tourby but not willing to pay for break your bank price "traditional" swiss brand tourby and yet one a reliable swiss in-house tourby, you can look at Frederic Constant Tourbillon Manufacture (definitely cost less than HDB flats or even cheaper than the fuel efficient jap or korea car) which can be found at THG at orchard.
            sigpic

Comment

To be more accurate seagull tourby was selling around SG6-8k a few years back when I saw it in china. They might have distribution in Singapore soon...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                To be more accurate seagull tourby was selling around SG6-8k a few years back when I saw it in china. They might have distribution in Singapore soon...
                The sea gull brand open an outlet at chinatown recently. Do check it out.
                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Damn was there to pay for my China air tickets in the morning... And damn again! It really tempting to get the affordable tourby since they have present here.
                  sigpic

Comment

Can always go try it on at the shop.
                    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                      Seagull tourby cost less than $10k and a few other china and india made tourby. I seen the seagull personally, and it really of good quality under naked eye (just my 2$). But you most like need to take a flight to get it.

Anyway the tourby are being hijack by the big swiss companies, many used third party tourby movement and put their name on it and sell at ridicious price. If you do not trust developing country tourby but not willing to pay for break your bank price "traditional" swiss brand tourby and yet one a reliable swiss in-house tourby, you can look at Frederic Constant Tourbillon Manufacture (definitely cost less than HDB flats or even cheaper than the fuel efficient jap or korea car) which can be found at THG at orchard.
                      IMHO Tourbillons serve no real purpose in a wrist watch at all,only the fact the watchmaker can make them.And today you would be quite surprised how many watch brands Tourbillons are made now in china and they make them very well..Why there so much admiration for the tourbillon today by some,perhaps the unquestioned and deserved prestige of Breguet, the inventor.But the tourbillon works best in one position and in theory the tourbillon is always modifying the slight timing errors in the vertical position.The Tourbillon does not correct position variations; it only prevents them being detected in the usual testing conditions. But when placed on say a vibrograph, the Tourbillon reveals its weaknesses immediately.The Tourbillon does not correct anything,in wrist movements, it only prevents the detection of an error that still exists in natural gravity with wrist movement.The Tourbillon is in fact an additional mechanism that consumes energy without producing anything except misinformation.The energy it consumes is taken from the reserve destined for the regulator,as a result, the balance with less energy will have reduced advantages.Now I agree totally the skill needed to make the cage plus tourbillon etc is a great horological skill.But in reality the Tourbillon watch is no more accurate that several other non tourbillon watches.And even todays modern watches,with or without tourbillons are not so accurate as one produced almost 300 years ago by John Harrison,.Gravity is one of the main causes of rate variations in watches,and by creating the tourbillon,when Breguet thought he was eliminating its effects.It looks like it was an big error on his part,he only masked them like tourbillons do.Now if someone could come up and counteract the effect on gravity on a wrist watch.Now that would be a big break though, but until then Tourbillon IMO are just good to look at,and they are very expensive,and they make them because they can.But again looking at the other side of the coin,in Breguets day when he invented the tourbillon and the tools he had then.Now today with modern machines and computers puts a different perspective on the making side of tourbillons today.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Good read. I also feel modern tourby is like adding bodykit to a car. It's mostly aesthetic, and the extra weight is actually bad for fuel consumption haha.

Comment

I have good experience with Seagull although mine is not a tourbillion.
                          Rolex Datejust 178279
                          Rolex Milgauss GV
                          Bvlgari Carbongold Via Condotti

Comment

Hi guys, may i know what is tourbillon mean? I think many brothers like me wanted to know too

Comment

Originally posted by Noriki View Post
                              Hi guys, may i know what is tourbillon mean? I think many brothers like me wanted to know too
                              In short, a more accurate mechanical movement. Read here:

What is 'Tourbillon'?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X