Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need another watch to fill a hole!

Hello,
    I have a watch box which houses 6 pieces however I only have 5 pieces. I originally had a 6 piece box with room for 3 of my pieces and 3 of my wife's pieces.

I decided late last year that watches really make me happy and I am sick of stupid rules! So I bought a watch box for my wife and her watches and I then bought a few pieces for myself! I bought a Rolex Explorer II Polar 16570 and a Vintage Vacheron Dress watch.

I now have 1 more hole to fill. I still owe a little money on the Explorer II so it will be at least 6 months before I fill the spot. Thinking vintage Rolex 1601 in steel with white gold bezel? or perhaps a 5513 sub (But subs are a bit overpriced IMHO).

Please take a look at my collection and advice what I should buy. IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE ROLEX! But this is a Rolex forum!

What happened to the other watch? I thought your original picture had them all filled?

Sorry, just noticed that you split your wife's watches from your collection!

Comment

It was only filled with there were 3 x ladies and 3 mens + 2 watches to wear.
      Since I expanded to another watch box I now have some room!

Comment

Sub 5513...nice vintage diver
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

For balance of colours, maybe a silver dial Yachtmaster.

Comment

Try a BALL watch, the EngineerII pilot series, EHC or even the trainmaster series should fit into your your collection nicely. And it would not burst your bank since you still got some amount left over from the rolex purchase.
            sigpic

Comment

i see that u dun have any big watches. since you have decent wrist size ( i suppose from the previous pic ) maybe a pam addition would be nice?

Comment

nah... putting PAM there will be unbalance. I think small sized IWC would be ideal.
                PAM321L
                OMEGA PO 45mm Orange Bezel
                TAG Heuer 2000 series
                Seiko Scuba Diver's

Comment

Another watch will not fill the hole!

Actually you need 7 watches to fill the 6-watch box, so you have to buy 2 more watches.

Because you never put all the watches in the box. You would almost always have 1 on your wrist, and even when you come home in the evening you would place your "current" watch (or the watch you are going to wear the next day) on the desk or in the drawer rather than in the watch box
                  Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I think a yachtmaster or milgauss will be nice, that'll make 3bracelets and 3straps, with more dial varieties

Comment

You are 100% correct in what you say! HOWEVER I don't want to admit that till I have filled the box and then I can add an additional watch to wear..... and also another watch for my single watch Orbita winder!!!

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                      Actually you need 7 watches to fill the 6-watch box, so you have to buy 2 more watches.

Because you never put all the watches in the box. You would almost always have 1 on your wrist, and even when you come home in the evening you would place your "current" watch (or the watch you are going to wear the next day) on the desk or in the drawer rather than in the watch box

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X