Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed - 116613 Power Reserve

Hi,

I like to seek advice on the 116613 Rolex Submariner which I bought 2 months back. I do not wear it often. However, I discovered the power reserve is always less than 48 hours. It stopped approximately after 30 hours. Do I need to send my watch for servicing. Thank you for your help and advice.

Regards,

Steven

hi bro, you have to wear the watch for at least 8 hours per day, in order for the power reserve to reach 48 hours. cheers.
    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
      hi bro, you have to wear the watch for at least 8 hours per day, in order for the power reserve to reach 48 hours. cheers.
      Not quite true first you must get any Rolex automatic watch to the maximum power reserve by fully manual winding it around 40 full crown turns clockwise for most all the oyster line up.By wearing a watch for eight hours if the watch is not at peak power reserve it will only keep it topped up to whatever the power reserve when first put on wrist.And if the person has say a desk job with very little wrist action then it will just keep the watch running but will not get watch to full power reserve.Watches like the Daytona needs around 50-60 full crown turns clockwise to fully wind from stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by daytona 6263 View Post
        Not quite true first you must get any Rolex automatic watch to the maximum power reserve by fully manual winding it around 40 full crown turns clockwise for most all the oyster line up.By wearing a watch for eight hours if the watch is not at peak power reserve it will only keep it topped up to whatever the power reserve when first put on wrist.And if the person has say a desk job with very little wrist action then it will just keep the watch running but will not get watch to full power reserve.Watches like the Daytona needs around 50-60 full crown turns clockwise to fully wind from stopped.
        Just quoting what a watch maker said to my dad about the same issue.
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
          Just quoting what a watch maker said to my dad about the same issue.
          Thanks for the advice.

I bought my watch from an AD in the Middle-East. I sent my watch to them for checking and the workshop confirmed that there is nothing wrong with the watch. They did not issue me with any technical report although I did see the technician checking on the watch .and even placed it on some kind of machine. They told me that this is not an important issue so long as the time is accurate.

I tried to wind 50 rounds but if I stop wearing for one day, the watch will stop. I checked and it is approximately 30 hours.

Not sure if there is any problem with the watch or if it requires a combination of both winding and active wearing in order for it to continue.

Cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X