Guide : Buying Rolex in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow everyone is going to Europe !

I am just starting to look at Rolex. got interested in the green bezel Sub & the new explorer II.

can I ask if its worth getting the new explorer II overseas ? seems to be priced at premium in SG (read from other threads here, $13k! was quoted $13k at THG)

And I cant even find it in Singapore ! ( went to THG, e orchard Rolex boutiques ,only found the green bezel after searching for a while @China town's People park AD)

Comment

• In Europe the new explorer costs around the 6200-6300 Eu mark and is quite easily obtained from most AD's.There will be VAT refund as well. Actually in terms of looks the submariner LV significantly looks much better especially in bright or full natural light.

Comment

• Amsterdam Airport price - Ext II 216570 - Euro 5109

Comment

• Originally posted by e90koh View Post
          Gurus, my bro is going Switzerland, Austria and then final destination is Italy.

I have asked him to help buy Rolex watch but I would like to know where to buy has better prices (Switzerland / Austria / Italy)?

If buying in Switzerland is best, how will he claim tax refund if he is not flying out of Switzerland? Remember his last stop is Italy.

Or price in Italy is just as good? How many % can I claim back in Italy? Possible to ask for discounts?

Wife wants new bags. Which brand is best buy? Chanel, gucci, LV, prada?

I went there help family get their bags. LV, Bottega, Bvlgari cheaper than Sing EVEN b4 the VAT refund. For LV, net discount almost 25%, Bottega almost 30%, Bvlgari 20%. YSL not sure bcoz I have problem with the VAT refund, and the company. But I got them in Sep when the Euro was lower, so pls factor in the current exchange rate and adjust your expectations downwards with the stronger euro now.
          Current babies:
          Sub 16610LN D series
          PAM 312 M series
          IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
          116613LB?
          a good White dial watch

Comment

• @e90koh i can advise more on the ladies' handbags stuff if you need more info. What @kadios said is accurate

@rockdaman - You SURE ?? I might fly out just to buy the watch sia... you took off the VAT refund from the price ?

Comment

• Actually I'm also kind of surprised at the price. The last time I flew out of Schipol Amsterdam I found the prices to be slightly on the higher side even after VAT reduction. That's also for just about everything not just Rolexes.

Comment

• Guys there is a rolex shop at t3... Can buy wo gst right?

Comment

• Rolex in Paris

Hi guy

Sorry if this had been answered before. I traveling to paris and interested to get Rolex Milgauss watches, is it cheaper to get it in Paris than in Singapore?

Anyone know what is the expected price to pay?

Comment

• Depends if Paris AD is giving any discount and also the VAT return in Paris. Generally, for Milgauss in Singapore discount is between 5-10%.
                    Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
                    Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
                    / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

• The price for the Milgauss is 5620 Eu. Would recommend getting it at the Wempe branch over there. You should get a small discount as its not that popular and also get a net VAT refund of around 14%.

Comment

• Is Amsterdam a good place to buy watch?

Hi All,

any idea if the watches in Amsterdam will be cheaper to purchase? TIA

Comment

• not sure which brand you referring to. also know that buying from overseas means you need to know if the shop is a AD or not first.

second, if buy overseas, you need to be concern about security as well as you do not know if you are being watched.

if you follow the principle of check price in sg first, then go overseas see the same model price and compare you should be safe.

if the price difference is less than 200 after currency exchange and tax rebate, i suggest buying from sg if you intend to buy more pieces. otherwise, can consider purchase overseas

Originally posted by missP View Post
                          Hi All,

any idea if the watches in Amsterdam will be cheaper to purchase? TIA
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by nim
                            If you refer to rolex, typical nett price you can get, after AD discount and vat rebate, is about 76-78% of local retail price
                            Thanks for sharing. I noticed that panerai shopping in EU would bring similar savings as well...

What abt brands like PP and AP?

Of coz, model availability is definitely an issue, even for Rolex... Unlike Singapore, the ADs may be far apart in the countries, so it may not be feasible to visit different shops to compare price/ bargain and check availability.

Comment

• Originally posted by socketer View Post
                              Thanks for sharing. I noticed that panerai shopping in EU would bring similar savings as well...

What abt brands like PP and AP?

Of coz, model availability is definitely an issue, even for Rolex... Unlike Singapore, the ADs may be far apart in the countries, so it may not be feasible to visit different shops to compare price/ bargain and check availability.
                              Originally posted by nim
                              AP? locally can already get 25% off
                              What about getting it in EU? Similar? Or more? Think the weak euro is on our side.

Comment

• bro praha, do u have any idea the price for the GMT2C & the SubC there? planning to get a fren to get it for me.. thanks!

Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
                                The price for the Milgauss is 5620 Eu. Would recommend getting it at the Wempe branch over there. You should get a small discount as its not that popular and also get a net VAT refund of around 14%.
                                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current:
                                BALL Fireman Ionsphere
                                Rolex Daytona 116520 M series
                                Rolex Sub C 116610LN AN series

Gone:
                                BALL Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro
                                IWC GST Chronograph 3707
                                Rolex Explorer II D series
                                Rolex Sub 16610 M series

Next Target:
                                Rolex Day-date 18239!! The president.. :D:D
                                AP????

In the meantime:
                                Save $$ ar!!! & hope strike TOTO or Big Sweep!! :pray:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X