No announcement yet.

Guide : Buying Rolex in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Milan? Any good shops to get new Sub?

Comment

what seasoned travellers will advise you is; go check out the local shops. go check out airport duty free at changi too. once you have a price in mind; go to your destination and make enquiries there. if cheap; by all means. if not; then come back home to get.

even if i tell you; i can get discount in regent st, london. its not guaranteed that you will get the same discount anyway.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Looking for PAM or Rolex in Milan

Hello everyone,

Am looking to purchase a PAM and/or Rolex in Milan as I am on a business trip there. Is the price better and is there any recommendation for a particular outlet. Many thanks in advance for your kind suggestion.

Comment

Rolex pricings in italy, switzerland and paris

will be gng over to italy, switzerland and paris (final stop) soon.

out of these 3 countries which should have the best pricing for rolexes?

swiss bucherer is a watch haven but i understand from other posts here that swiss pricing may not be attractive at all.

What about italy and paris then?
          I am pretty sure ADs pricings there will be better than Singapore ADs', due to the VAT refund and euro fx.
          Would BNIB pricing at ADs there be better than BNIB pricing of grey dealers in Singapore however?

Generally, how much savings would be considered as a good deal?
          For example, LV in paris are generally 30% cheaper than Sg, and that's considered a good deal already.
          What rule of thumb should i apply for rolex??

thanks for your advice and comments.

Comment

I have recently been to all the 3 countries you mentioned.

Honestly, prices are not cheaper there than our local AD, even after VAT refund, exchange rate (i went when the rate was 1.69).

Bucherer is a good place to browse but i guess that's about it. You can actually check the prices here in SG and then when you go over, compare it directly.

However, bags are different. Take Chanel 2.55 for example, it cost $5.1k in SG but over there it is less than $4k. Likewise, Dior, Prada etc, all are easily much cheaper than back in SG.

Enjoy!
            Rolex Datejust 178279
            Rolex Milgauss GV
            Bvlgari Carbongold Via Condotti

Comment

With the drop in Euro, I think Italy and Paris should be fine, but not Switzerland. Swiss francs is always high. I bought my Rolexes in 2007 when Swiss francs was 1.3+ while Euro was 2.2+, depsite good VAT refund. In any case, I bought Rolexes from Switzerland was because Rolex is "Made in Switzerland", hence it's more of a personal preferences. But I think now, buying Rolexes from Switzerland is not cheap. Bucherer is a good boutique with very good services, but as usual, certain models may not always be available and discounts sucks.

As usual, do check out the prices from local AD, see how much first, then compare in Europe or Switzerland. I think the guideline is as long as it's cheaper than local prices, then it's worth getting, esp. can save on 7% GST. Others like discounts would be discretionary and models subject to availability. But take note, watches in Europe may not be necessarily cheaper than local. You may be surprised some models from local ADs (those not so popular ones), may be cheaper.

As for bags, I think it's more worth buying. It's because, such brands like LV, does not offer any discounts. Unlike ADs for watches, some ADs (if you are very close to them), they may offer some good discounts (better than nothing).

In any case, a very simple rule to me.
              1) Check the local pricing
              2) As long as it's lower (after exchange rate, discounts, VAT refunds etc), worth getting!

Simple? Thanks. My 2 cents worth of opinions.

Comment

thank you all for the wonderful insights...branded bags and belts are a sure buy for me...now am only pondering about watches only...

Comment

Digging up an old qn... can anyone shed some light, as I'll be heading to both cities too. Is it a very closely guarded trade secret? No one seems willing to share....

Comment

can try going to the manufacturers website and find out who is selling their products in the cities you plan on going.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Thk u sir! Will take a look.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      can try going to the manufacturers website and find out who is selling their products in the cities you plan on going.

Comment

Try Wempe in London, there is also a branch in Paris. UK prices will be slightly cheaper as the pound is not very strong and also the VAT refund is much higher.

Comment

Thks bro!

Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
                          Try Wempe in London, there is also a branch in Paris. UK prices will be slightly cheaper as the pound is not very strong and also the VAT refund is much higher.

Comment

In paris, this is one of the more popular pre-own shop.

http://www.montres-modernes.com/index.php

Comment

The price is not very attractive based on pre-own.

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                              In paris, this is one of the more popular pre-own shop.

http://www.montres-modernes.com/index.php

Comment

Which Rolex to get in Europe

Hi to all members,

Can any of u plese advice which Rolex (sports) to get in Italy?
                                Value of money, budget S$10K. Thanks in advance

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X