Guide : Buying Rolex in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by profjohn View Post
    it depends, my AD has a black Milgauss, SS GMT IIC + TT GMT IIC in stock - all selling at list. The GMT IIC is not as hard to get a hold of as a sub or SD - wait no more than 2 months. Eventually, the Milgauss and GMT IIC will be dimes in the dozen, they won't be as scarce as Daytonas.
    It is generally easier to find Special Edition Rolexes in smaller town or cities. Actually I was surprised to find a Sub LV in a small island in the Carribbeans.. when it was first launched.

Comment

Originally posted by profjohn View Post
      I have spoken with my AD, she said that Rolex UK will most likely increase their prices by about 10% across the range in Sept/October. Time will tell and it is most likely because of the weakening £ against the Euro. As for discount, I asked if she could give me good price off a Cartier Santos for my mother, she said she could only give £100 off brining the price to £2300. I would buy a Cariter in SG obviously.

For £2300, after conversion to SGP at about 2.65 that will be about S$6,095. That is couple of hundreds cheaper as compared to getting from my HG SA after discount. Cartier Santos is retailing at about S$8,450 if i remember correctly. If there is VAT refund, then its quite worthy to get in UK especially with current exchange rate.
      Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
      Tag Heuer Formula 1
      Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
      Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
      Rolex GMT II 16710
      Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
        For £2300, after conversion to SGP at about 2.65 that will be about S$6,095. That is couple of hundreds cheaper as compared to getting from my HG SA after discount. Cartier Santos is retailing at about S$8,450 if i remember correctly. If there is VAT refund, then its quite worthy to get in UK especially with current exchange rate.
        all boils down to leg work and comparing and opportunity

Comment

SS gmt iic at stg3600 before discount of about 17% is a steal !

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk View Post
            It is generally easier to find Special Edition Rolexes in smaller town or cities. Actually I was surprised to find a Sub LV in a small island in the Carribbeans.. when it was first launched.
            Carribbeans is the playground of the rich and famous from US... They are bound to have some nice watches there. And if I'm not wrong, no sales tax there. So ends up cheaper for the tourists.
            Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
              Carribbeans is the playground of the rich and famous from US... They are bound to have some nice watches there. And if I'm not wrong, no sales tax there. So ends up cheaper for the tourists.
              True.. however Americans don't chase Rolexes like Asians..
              As indiicated found my Sub LV but paid almost 8.5K.. then it was the list price and USD was at its peak... USD1 = SGD1.75

Comment

Guide : Buying Rolex in Europe

Hi Everyone,

I'm making a trip to Germany, Switzerland, Denmark & Sweden later this month.

Is it really cheaper to get a Rolex over there, Please give some advise so that i can prepare myself.

Thanks
                90 283 287
                A Crown For Every Achievement.

Comment

Rolexes have Retail Pricing

Originally posted by LimTH View Post
                  Hi Everyone,

Is it really cheaper to get a Rolex over there, Please give some advise so that i can prepare myself.

Thanks
                  90 283 287
                  Hi LimTH,

You will probably get some tax free discount but do not expect over the top or cut price discount. Also be aware of Singapore Custom, I once saw a man got fined for failing to declare his rolexes he bought overseas.

If you are buying Vintage Rolexes be aware of Reconditional Pieces from dealers over there.

Good luck Hunting.
                  Regards
                  sgvintagethingy
                  http://www.sgvintagethingy.blogspot.com

Comment

Well if you buy 1 or 2 pieces it's ok la...haha...just dun bring in 50 pcs and dun declare.

Certain things are more worth it there and with tax rebate it's quite cheap compared to here.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Go on line and check VAT in those countries

Hi Everyone,

Thanks
                      90 283 287
                      If I am not wrong, Denmark has one of the highest GSTs (or VAT) in the world - 25%. So if you can get tax rebate as a tourist, your Rolex could be bought at a good price. But you need to check whether you can get tax rebate. Sweden also has among the higher GSTs in Europe.

Not sure about Germany or Switzerland.

Comment

My advice is dont quote your phone number. highly dangerous in this technological age.

i would strongly suggest that you check out the prices of the models you are interested in, then when you are there, check their prices of the models you isolated. if savings is less than 300, come back to sg and get.

Hi Everyone,

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks everyone,

I just thinking if it's possible to get a Daytona or Milgauss..

Should be fun

Hehe
                          A Crown For Every Achievement.

Comment

Thanks everyone,

I just thinking if it's possible to get a Daytona or Milgauss..

Should be fun

Hehe
                            Milgauss maybe.... Daytona hmnnn I doubt it...
                            Cheapest...Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany.. in the order of cheapest... from my experience..
                            However to compare with Singapore AD's pricing..
                            I think only LE or watches that are carrying a premium in Sin... are worth buying from oversea..

Comment

Buying Rolex in Europe

Hi, my dad is making a trip to Switzerland and Paris in June and I was just wondering if Rolex and Panerai watches will be cheaper there? Anyone familiar with the pricing over there? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Swiss prices not that cheap unless u got lobang lor..

Go buy LV bags better la! hmm now i think i know why u selling your bags liao coz got more coming in hehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X