Guide : Buying Rolex in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kelvin_koh View Post
    Managed to get back the 19.6% VAT from 1 AD in Paris. That is 16.389% discount from the discounted price they quoted me.

For example, the base price of the watch is 10,000, after VAT of 19.6%, the selling price will be 11,960. If they give you the full refund of 1,960, that will be 16.388% from the selling price of 11,960.

Hopes this for people shopping in Europe.

Usually, they will only give 12% off the selling price which is 14.352% of the VAT instead of the full 19.6% VAT.
    SO what did you get? Rolex?

Comment

• I think buying from Italy is good . I got my Sub TT and a Pam 299 in Rome with slight discount n full vat refund of 21%. What i was told was the refund % is level peg to purchase amount. Base is at 13% -16% onwards.

Comment

• Just realised today. There are two refund agent in UK: Premier Tax Free and Blue Global. For big ticket purchase in excess of £6000, Blue Global gives a higher tax refund percentage. Do note.

Comment

• How did u get a full 21% vat refund?

Comment

• anyone spotted the new gmt for sale yet?

Comment

• Any recommendation for good AD in Heathrow Airport/Paris/Germany/Prague/Poland? Feel free to PM me. Many thanks!
              Current:
              Rolex Submariner 116613LB Sunburst Dial
              Rolex Yachtmaster 116622 Blue Dial
              Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 'Coke' Z-series
              Tudor Pelagos Blue 25600TB
              Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver
              Aviator Poljot Black 45mm
              Corniche Heritage 40

Wishlist:
              Rolex Submariner 116619LB 'Smurf'

Comment

• Originally posted by gnixer View Post
                anyone spotted the new gmt for sale yet?
                At the earliest, it should hit the stores before the Christmas holiday period. That is usually the case with previous years' launches.

Comment

• Heathrow airport look for Watches-of-switzerland.
                  But seem exp compared to other part of europe..

Comment

• anyone return from Europe with any report?
                    where can find the rolex price list for Europe?

Comment

• Originally posted by gnixer View Post
                      anyone return from Europe with any report?
                      where can find the rolex price list for Europe?
                      Found this on google
                      http://www.thewatches.eu/?p=341

Sub C, Daytona prices seem spot-on if my memory doesn't fail me..
                      elusive

Comment

• Originally posted by satch View Post
                        Found this on google
                        http://www.thewatches.eu/?p=341

Sub C, Daytona prices seem spot-on if my memory doesn't fail me..
                        sighs the outlet Pisa I visiting gg to close from 10 aug to 25 aug

Comment

• Hi Bro,
                          I'll be travelling to Milan next week as well. can you advice me which boutique you went to and how you manage to get 17% VAT back? Thinking of getting the SubC TT blue and GMT2blnr, can get any % from the shop beside the usual VAT? Ill be flying bk SIN from MXP, is the line long at the counter for VAT refund? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                          Depending on model and the salesperson. U can bet that the discount Plus VAT rebate Will make the watch cheaper than what u can get in Singapore. I am now in Milan and I just got a few watches. I was able to get a discount even for the ExpII, not to mention the attractive 17% VAT rebate back!

U may like to do a search on Rolex website for a list of official dealers in the respective regions of Italy.

Comment

• Visit the Rolex boutique in Milan, Pisa Orologeria. Opt for refund back into your card instead of cash. If u spend below 10,000 Eur, your VAT refund will be about 17%. If u spend above that... then u'll be getting back more!

The SubC TT blue, especially with the new sunburst blue dial (like the previous 16613) looks great. Its on my shopping list for the next trip. Let me know if u do end up getting these watches.

Which airline are u taking? If u need a referral, u can PM me.

Originally posted by Jasonny View Post
                            Hi Bro,
                            I'll be travelling to Milan next week as well. can you advice me which boutique you went to and how you manage to get 17% VAT back? Thinking of getting the SubC TT blue and GMT2blnr, can get any % from the shop beside the usual VAT? Ill be flying bk SIN from MXP, is the line long at the counter for VAT refund? Thanks in advance.
                            sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

• Hi sys12345,
                              taking SQ to FCO and bk from MXP. Thanks for your PM, the info really helps a lot! May I ask those that went to Italy lately which city can get a better price for rolex?

Comment

• Need some advice from gurus here, I'm in Rome now and just went to Bedetti to check out the prices there. Was advice by the SA that I can get back 15.5% vat if the watch I'm getting is more than €8000. Just want to check whether we are entitle for the full 15.5% OR the airport will charge some admin fee and if so roughly what is the actual % I should be getting back? TIA

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X