No announcement yet.

Guide : Buying Rolex in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ppl, any ADs to recommend in Rome, Florence and Venice. Usually how much discount can I expect? Looking to get a gmt2. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Depending on model and the salesperson. U can bet that the discount Plus VAT rebate Will make the watch cheaper than what u can get in Singapore. I am now in Milan and I just got a few watches. I was able to get a discount even for the ExpII, not to mention the attractive 17% VAT rebate back!

U may like to do a search on Rolex website for a list of official dealers in the respective regions of Italy.
      sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

• Actually u don't need to go over Europe to get it cheaper , u can get it from dealer who get direct from Europe and sell in singapore . My friend just bought from a watch importer who buy from Europe and sell to him in a lowest price. A Daytona half gold , he bought it at 15800, as shop was selling around 17k . Normally will save on the exchange rate when was low and percentage on the vat or tax . As lux watch everywhere is control price u won't see too much discount. But near with some pre owned watch . Before u buy do some compare . Some is much lower compare to local retail shop , but some was a bit difference only.

Comment

• Hi to all seniors here. I will be in UK for 5 months. I intend to get a Green Sub 116610LV and from the thread browsed, I get some conflicting advise on the pricing in UK. I will be heading to Wempe and Ernst Jones to check out the pricing for this model.

From the ROC-SG website under the garage sales, some are selling Green Sub at approx SGD10500. Technically, I should be looking at price lower than SGD$10500 if I am getting the watch in UK. Questions will be:

1. What is the expected VAT refund that I am entitled?
          2. Read about the admin charges, how can I know what will be the admin charges?
          3. I know it is sensitive to discuss this here, how can i bring it into Sg without been tax? Can I ship the box separately into Sg while I wear my watch on my hands upon coming back?

Comment

• Originally posted by takuyazzz View Post
            Hi ppl, any ADs to recommend in Rome, Florence and Venice. Usually how much discount can I expect? Looking to get a gmt2. Thanks in advance.
            you can consider to check out bucherer i was switzerland last month GMT2 SS going for 8000CHF before vat bring cash will get additional discount.

Comment

• depends on country you are in for the VAT refund.
              some places give 10.5% 12 % 13% 15%.

admin charges applies to those that get refund in cash at the aiport after ur chop from imigration. but if you want to refund to Credit card not sure if got admin charge. but for cash confirm have.

heng suay lol last round my group we came back with at least 6 pieces no check + lots of bags so really heng suay one la

Comment

• Hi Bros, I am heading to Barcelona next month... any AD recommendation for Rolex. Thank you!

Comment

• Any AD to recommend in Paris?
                  If not convenience to post here, can send me a PM. Thanks.
                  Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
                  Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
                  Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
                  Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
                  Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
                  Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
                  Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
                  Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
                  Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
                  Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

• Went to a Rolex shop in UK yesterday. Quoted £6050 before VAT. VAT is at 13.8% and was told there is no admin charges for refund. Is that true? Cos that was not what I read in this thread.

However when I emailed to Wempe (London), was advise that the VAT is at 16.67%. I am lost. Does it mean different states have different VAT rates? Anyone can advise?

Comment

• Went into a watch shop yesterday and was quoted £6050 before VAT refund of 13.8%. As read in this thread that there will be an administrative charges however was told that there will be no administrative charges for refund.

In addition, I emailed wempe (London) and was quoted £6050 with a VAT refund of 16.67% and a potential administrative charges of approx £50.

I am confused. Does it mean every state in UK has different VAT refund rate? Can anyone advise?

Comment

• Originally posted by kelvin_koh View Post
                        Any AD to recommend in Paris?
                        If not convenience to post here, can send me a PM. Thanks.
                        In Paris, check out Dubail its the largest AD and situated on the Place Vendome; Wempe is on rue Royale which is pretty close by and Jean Mick.

Comment

• Exact VAT depends on:

1. The retailer
                          2. The price bracket of the item. There is a table of tax rates refund and typically, the higher the price the higher the tax refund rate it will be.
                          3. Refund type. Refund into credit card will be typically higher than refund as cash.
                          sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
                            In Paris, check out Dubail its the largest AD and situated on the Place Vendome; Wempe is on rue Royale which is pretty close by and Jean Mick.
                            Thank you. Will make an effort to visit them.
                            Collections:

Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
                            Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub

Comment

• For those who are shopping, you may want to check out the URL for the approx amount of tax refund.

globalblue.com/customer-services/tax-free-shopping/refund-calculator/

Comment

• Managed to get back the 19.6% VAT from 1 AD in Paris. That is 16.389% discount from the discounted price they quoted me.

For example, the base price of the watch is 10,000, after VAT of 19.6%, the selling price will be 11,960. If they give you the full refund of 1,960, that will be 16.388% from the selling price of 11,960.

Hopes this for people shopping in Europe.

Usually, they will only give 12% off the selling price which is 14.352% of the VAT instead of the full 19.6% VAT.
                                Collections:

Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
                                Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub

Comment