No announcement yet.

Guide : Buying Rolex in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agreed... Milan or Rome for that matter.

Don't ever get in UK, it's expensive even with the low exchange rate. Their Tax rebate also not that good, though claim to be 20%....
    it's like 10% only after all the sale & admin charges.

Comment

• yes it is.

Try golden bridge in italy, Florence.

Look out for discount. ask it. They will give. With the VAT refund.. very cheap

Pay in cash, No credit cards

and yes,

If you are a tour guide.. Even more discount

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm heading over to europe this month end. Am looking to getting one Daytona Stainless Steel with black face. I'll be travelling in this sequence:

1. Italy -> Rome, Florence, Venice,
        2. England -> London
        3. France -> Paris.

As i'm going on a Free and easy trip wondering anyone could advice me if there's any specific shops which i could lookout for to purchase it.

Cheers,

Comment

• Very informative. Thanks!

Comment

• Hi almighty00, I hv been to this shop Salvadori in venice. They hv 2 outlets, one at san marco square. ..another bigger shop abt 5- 10 min walk from the square. Quite good collection they had and willing give some discount depending on model. Happy hunting.

Comment

• now that euro is cheap (1euro = 1.6sgd), its a good time to buy if you are taking trip there
              Italy VAT rebate is about 13%

Comment

• Just bot a pair of YM SS/Plat -116622 an 168622 ay euro 16,188 before 15% VAT refund...How is the price compare to Singapore AD?

Comment

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                  now that euro is cheap (1euro = 1.6sgd), its a good time to buy if you are taking trip there
                  Italy VAT rebate is about 13%
                  Italy VAT depends on the amount you spent.

Anything below EUR 8K should be about 13%, EUR 8-10K about 15% and above EUR 10k almost 17%.

Do check with the shops, some of them give Full Refund of 21%.

But 1st you must pay in Full, then get the Custom Stamp and send back the Invoice with the Custom Stamp to the shop providing your Bank Details. They will TT you the refund in 2-4 weeks.

It's safe, don't worry.

Comment

• Hi, i have a question after you have bought your Rolex from a Europe AD back to Singapore. Is there a way to email or call to Rolex in Europe or in Singapore to check and verify that the overseas AD had submitted your purchase warranty registration to Rolex?

Comment

• Hi everyone,

so is it a good idea to get a Rolex in Venice, Italy? I've got a friend going there soon and is willing to help me get one...

Comment

• Anyone know a good place to get the AP15400 ? am heading to Italy and France in Aug.

Comment

• In Italy on the via Montenapoleone in Milan there is a AP dealer ; From memory in Paris on the Place Vendome there is an AD.

Comment

• Hi all,

I am very curious as to why some grey importers can sell the some of the watches some cheaper than the local AD if the price in Europe is not substantially lower as mentioned by some members here.

For e.g., Exp II selling price after discount in local AD is about $10.3k while some grey seller are offering theirs for $8.6 a $8.2?
                            In my possession
                            Breitling Headwind, Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, Glycine Incursore, Rolex DSSD , Pam320L, Pam305N and Chopard GTXL Power Reserve

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverlay View Post
                              Hi all,

I am very curious as to why some grey importers can sell the some of the watches some cheaper than the local AD if the price in Europe is not substantially lower as mentioned by some members here.

For e.g., Exp II selling price after discount in local AD is about $10.3k while some grey seller are offering theirs for $8.6 a $8.2?
                              By default you gain approx 20 % in VAT (13 % Europe + 7 % SG), which is enough to cover the air ticket and hotel expenses.....

Comment

• the reason is very simple - its the government tax rebate for all tourists
                                it range from as low as 10% to as high as 20% depending on which country

Originally posted by oliverlay View Post
                                Hi all,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X