Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roppap View Post
    If you're in Paris, try Heurgon. They offer a decent discount
    And ask for the net price (VAT refund already deducted when you pay, so you don't get an exchange rate loss for the VAT refund).

Comment

• Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
      Glow Boi, The TT is an excellent choice , I personally have the SS GMT 2 C and was seriously thinking of buying the TT. The thing that held me back with the decision was this watch was bought with the intention of using it regularly abroad and also virtually daily. The SS tends to be a little more robust rather than gold . I'm just a bit curious has your TT picked up any of the tiny / minute swirls or scratches?

My next Rolex will more or less be a TT but it will be the Daytona cosmograph with a blue arabic dial.It will be used more or less as an weekend watch.Will almost certainly buy in Italy on my trip to Milan next month.
      Thanks praha335ci. I have picked up some fine scratch marks on the bracelet, but I guess that is unavoidable, even if you get the SS version as the scratched part is the shiner and more glossy part, and the SS version also has it.

I use the watch for everyday use, but will avoid using it for physical activities even though I am fully aware that the watch can withstand it without any problems. Haha
      GMT Master II TT (116713LN)

Comment

• thread close. please refer to post by porky pig

thank you.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• I shall share my experience here based on my trip to Europe and getting unduly stressed by a crook travel agent.

First timers please plan what you want to buy and change cash in sg before going over. The foreign exchange rates for credit card is sh*t, and just based on that, can make your watch ~6% more expensive, keeping in mind that you still have to suffer another round of sh*t when the VAT refund is converted back to SGD.

Do not have to overly worry about VAT refund, especially mercenary tour guides / agents who want to manipulate you to buy from certain boutiques and thus spread fear that you will not get back your VAT refund if you buy elsewhere. If the shop sells genuine Rolex, chances are it is safe. Note that VAT refund in the airport is 100% safe as well IMO; I got back my VAT refund in my card less than 1 week after claiming it at the airport.
          GMT Master II TT (116713LN)

Comment

If you're in Italy try Pisa Orolegeria they have branches in Milan and also Rome. Switzerland is great for checking out the availability but unfortunately the prices are high and the net VAT refund is low; discounts are virtually non existent. In Paris certainly check out Dubail, Wempe, Jean Mick . Cost wise Italy will offer you the best overall .
            About buying Rolex in Zurich n lurcent, i did not have good experience in last Nov.the prices are mainly control by a big distributor. Bought 2 jlc n happy with it. Dublin was good, can try a reputable ad, gmt 2 should be good price after VAT.

Comment

• where can i find list of Authorised Dealers for UK? The Rolex website always default to Singapore as the region and doesn't allow me to select other countries/region

Comment

• Originally posted by elan View Post
                About buying Rolex in Zurich n lurcent, i did not have good experience in last Nov.the prices are mainly control by a big distributor. Bought 2 jlc n happy with it. Dublin was good, can try a reputable ad, gmt 2 should be good price after VAT.
                Zurich, Luzern,Geneve , St Mouritz; Bern; Bassel or just about any city in Schweiz( Switzerland) is not a good place at all to buy as the discount is virtually non existent and Bucherer the main AD which stocks Rolex and other main Swiss made watches ,is extremely strict on their guidelines. They are positioned as the premier luxury good dealers for watches throughout all their branches- Switzerland; Germany and Austria. What you will definitely get there is the opportunity to view the latest series and models. If you're going to commit there and then and are not bothered with getting a discount from another AD you will certainly get a very professional service and the Bucherer stamp on the warranty card. For some people the Bucherer stamp is extremely important for resale( especially those who are based in Europe)

Comment

• Euro list price up. Euro currency up. Not so attractive unkess can get more discount.
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    from what i know (prove me wrong if you can), goods manufactured in a country and exported is usually cheaper then goods sold locally.

ie. an asus laptop sold in taiwan will be more expensive then the same laptop sold in s'pore.

so i was told.... so i could have been given wrong info
                    valid for IT stuff as my cousin kicked a fuss when he found that asus cost a shade more in taiwan but his consolation is that the latest model is sold there much earlier than other country ... on watches esp Japs ones, certain models esp the limited ed were sold only in Japan and no where else, ... saving is small if any, this info was given to me by a watch sales executives on my last work trip there in 2002 ... I cant cfm whether its still valid tdy.

Comment

• Expensive or cheaper

is it more expensive or cheaper if buy rolex in switzerland as im flying there next month

Comment

• Kindly do not create duplicate threads, a search will suffice and give you answers.

Thread close.

click here
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• manchester, Paris or London AD?

any laojiao can advise which AD to head to purchase explorer 2?
                          tried to email some but still no reply.
                          worry that is oos when my frn is there to buy.

Comment

• I can recommend e-mailing Wempe in London or Paris for a quote. If you really want to buy at a good price and discount I would actually recommend taking a day trip to Milan and buying from Pisa Orologeria . Its a short flight and not 2 expensive with Easyjet from London or Manchester.

Comment

I can recommend e-mailing Wempe in London or Paris for a quote. If you really want to buy at a good price and discount I would actually recommend taking a day trip to Milan and buying from Pisa Orologeria . Its a short flight and not 2 expensive with Easyjet from London or Manchester.
                              thanks.
                              so another word Milan offers better discount?
                              I'm looking at ex2

Comment

• Yes, Milan Italy is currently the place to get a good discount especially for that model. Its not very popular.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X