Guide : Buying Rolex in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lufu View Post
    what is the current list price and after VAT refund price of Explorer II 216570 in Italy and France? Thanks
    Hi bros,

I will be in Paris and Italy in Dec. Apparently it is cheaper to buy in Italy from what I have read in the previous posts. The cities that I will be travelling to are Rome, Florence and Milan. Which AD or boutique do you all recommend that I should visit? Looking to get either GMT IIc or Exp 2 black dial. Any bro just came back, pls advice on the latest price of the above 2 watches! Thanks
    Submariner 16610
    Datejust 16014

Comment

• I also ask my fren to check Rolex green sub hulk model in Germany. The price is euro7k. After all tax the watch will still cost you around 10k plus sin. So do you think it's worthwhile to get it? How much the local Ad selling this piece?

Comment

• the savings from buying from europe is generally eroded by the higer fx spread from use of credit card....
        Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
        Tag Heuer Formula 1
        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
        Rolex GMT II 16710
        Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

• Getting Rolex in London

Hi all,

I'm going to Lodon in Nov for work.
          Has anyone bought a Rolex from there? Is it cheaper? Any advice?
          I'm assuming it is generally cheaper getting a branded watch in Euro than Singapore. Therefore, I plan to explore when I'm there.
          Any advice / tip is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Comment

• read all previous posts.

your question has been asked before.

read this thread also
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Buying Rolex in London?

Hi ppl!
              I will be going to London & I'm wondering whether getting Rolex there is cheaper in comparison to Singapore?
              Does anyone here know? If yes, kindly advise.
              Thank you!

Comment

• there is already a thread started and the last update was this morning.

please do a search before creating a new thread. Here is the link

thread close
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Originally posted by klodder View Post
                  I also ask my fren to check Rolex green sub hulk model in Germany. The price is euro7k. After all tax the watch will still cost you around 10k plus sin. So do you think it's worthwhile to get it? How much the local Ad selling this piece?

that's not worth it. lt's the same as official sg retail price. however AD in SG is selling above retail for this green sub. (unless you know the AD)

Comment

• Better Deals in Europe?

Dear all, firstly a big hello to all of you as I'm new here, and am intending to get a good time piece soon

As I am going to several countries in Europe for my honeymoon soon (Italy, France, Switzerland, Netherlands and Germany), may I know if the price for Rolex will be any cheaper, and if yes, which country?

Thanks all in advance!
                    GMT Master II TT (116713LN)

Comment

• answer is yes and no. depends on which country. so my suggestion is consider 2-3 models. go local ad check price. the. visit garage section. check the gray dealer price if available. go Europe ask price for models you interested. if cheaper buy otherwise don't buy

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

• I'm so in love with the Explorer II!

http://www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watch...l-m216570-0001

Saw from the garage here that a brand new is $8600 neg., what kind of price would be considered a good buy, regardless of whether I buy it in sg or in Europe?

Comment

• Originally posted by GlowBoi View Post
                          I'm so in love with the Explorer II!

http://www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watch...l-m216570-0001

Saw from the garage here that a brand new is $8600 neg., what kind of price would be considered a good buy, regardless of whether I buy it in sg or in Europe?
                          216570 Retail price $10580 from AD in Singapore. You will never find it at $8600 anyway in Europe even after VAT refund. Been to a few cities and never had it at this price. It's just not possible. BNIB $8600 Neg? It's a really good deal then

Comment

• Hi Glowboi,

Buying watches in Europe is a tricky business and it is not a simple task for holiday makers to grab good deals off the shops unless you are very very lucky. Let me explain further...

1. VAT Refund. This is the most obvious.
                            Different euro zones have differing VAT refunds.
                            Some as much as 17-20% refund! This one easy google info.

2. Discounts. Different shops provide different discounts, even for the very popular sports models (yeap, i got discounts for DSSD and GMT2c). Especially for frequent travellers and buyers, they do get preferential discounts.... 5-10% some models even more!!!
                            So, u need to ask the shops. U will be surprised that some shops are quite willing to discount.
                            Then again, they might be clearing their old stocks so u need to check the serial numbers or batch numbers.

3. Exchange Rates. Unless you are a Forex Expert, u probably cannot predict that wat u are getting is at a all time LOW. A case of example for me and my fren. He got his GMT2c in Jan12 and i got mine in May12 - same shop, same watch model and series, same discounts. Yet, mine was almost s$500 cheaper becos the euro started to drop! And it is still dropping until Rolex increase their price to even out things. Forex will wipe out any discounts u can squeeze out from the shop.
                            Do note tat swiss francs, danish kroner, english pounds, and the Euros have slight exchange fluctuations too.

4. Stock. Having said all these. Even u are at the right place, lowest exchange rate, best discounts, etc, there is no point if there is NO STOCK! Usually, good prices = no stock.... Becos ppl do their homework and snap up good deals
                            When i was in Paris for holiday in July, i walked into at least 10shops, yet i cannot find a single GMT2c for a fren.
                            So, .... Popularity of the Models and brands do play an important part.
                            Then again, Perhaps they might be holding them.

As there are alot of dealers here, i am not a liberty to reveal my source.
                            But for your reference....
                            In May2012, i have seen DSSD at 11700sgd, ...
                            and i got my DSSD (g series) at 10980sgd and GMT2c (alpha numeric) at 8150sgd.... Which i am proud owner of both now.
                            I have also seen my fren got his expII at less than 8300 sgd.
                            Nevertheless, these prices might not be the lowest then but they are definitely amongst the lowest at that time.
                            Post June12, these prices are of course not possible anymore becos Rolex increased their price.

In sum, my advise to u is that u must do your homework locally in Singapore.
                            If the europe shop can give you good discounts and the VAT refund is good, get it u calculate it to be cheaper.
                            Do Note that credit card rates are usually higher though.
                            U might not get the BEST deal but most likely it is cheaper than Singapore.
                            Becos if u travel to the next city, mayb no stock? No more good price?

Put it simply, the grey markets and dealers can sell here at a good price (and still make a decent profit), possibly becos they have done alot of cooordination, waiting time, and bringing back the item.
                            Hence, it might save u alot of trouble getting one overseas youself.... Except authencity of the watch is always a concern.
                            I am not advocating buying here is better than overseas as i am neither a dealer, nor a collector.
                            Just a simple watch admirer at all the nice watches here

I do hope you find the above useful to your shopping.
                            Happy shopping and enjoy your honeymoon!!
                            Rolex TT Daytona, White Dial (116523, V Series)
                            Rolex SS GMT IIc (116710, alphanumeric Series)
                            Rolex DeepSea_SeaDweller (116660, G Series)
                            Rolex Submariner Green Hulk (116610LV, alphanumeric Series)
                            Rolex Yachtmaster Blue (116622, alphanumeric Series)
                            Panerai Pam320 O
                            Brietling Aerospace Titanium Black Dial.
                            Brietling Chronospace SS Blue Dial.

Comment

• Originally posted by PorkyPig View Post
                              Hi Glowboi,

Buying watches in Europe is a tricky business and it is not a simple task for holiday makers to grab good deals off the shops unless you are very very lucky. Let me explain further...

1. VAT Refund. This is the most obvious.
                              Different euro zones have differing VAT refunds.
                              Some as much as 17-20% refund! This one easy google info.

2. Discounts. Different shops provide different discounts, even for the very popular sports models (yeap, i got discounts for DSSD and GMT2c). Especially for frequent travellers and buyers, they do get preferential discounts.... 5-10% some models even more!!!
                              So, u need to ask the shops. U will be surprised that some shops are quite willing to discount.
                              Then again, they might be clearing their old stocks so u need to check the serial numbers or batch numbers.

3. Exchange Rates. Unless you are a Forex Expert, u probably cannot predict that wat u are getting is at a all time LOW. A case of example for me and my fren. He got his GMT2c in Jan12 and i got mine in May12 - same shop, same watch model and series, same discounts. Yet, mine was almost s$500 cheaper becos the euro started to drop! And it is still dropping until Rolex increase their price to even out things. Forex will wipe out any discounts u can squeeze out from the shop.
                              Do note tat swiss francs, danish kroner, english pounds, and the Euros have slight exchange fluctuations too.

4. Stock. Having said all these. Even u are at the right place, lowest exchange rate, best discounts, etc, there is no point if there is NO STOCK! Usually, good prices = no stock.... Becos ppl do their homework and snap up good deals
                              When i was in Paris for holiday in July, i walked into at least 10shops, yet i cannot find a single GMT2c for a fren.
                              So, .... Popularity of the Models and brands do play an important part.
                              Then again, Perhaps they might be holding them.

As there are alot of dealers here, i am not a liberty to reveal my source.
                              But for your reference....
                              In May2012, i have seen DSSD at 11700sgd, ...
                              and i got my DSSD (g series) at 10980sgd and GMT2c (alpha numeric) at 8150sgd.... Which i am proud owner of both now.
                              I have also seen my fren got his expII at less than 8300 sgd.
                              Nevertheless, these prices might not be the lowest then but they are definitely amongst the lowest at that time.
                              Post June12, these prices are of course not possible anymore becos Rolex increased their price.

In sum, my advise to u is that u must do your homework locally in Singapore.
                              If the europe shop can give you good discounts and the VAT refund is good, get it u calculate it to be cheaper.
                              Do Note that credit card rates are usually higher though.
                              U might not get the BEST deal but most likely it is cheaper than Singapore.
                              Becos if u travel to the next city, mayb no stock? No more good price?

Put it simply, the grey markets and dealers can sell here at a good price (and still make a decent profit), possibly becos they have done alot of cooordination, waiting time, and bringing back the item.
                              Hence, it might save u alot of trouble getting one overseas youself.... Except authencity of the watch is always a concern.
                              I am not advocating buying here is better than overseas as i am neither a dealer, nor a collector.
                              Just a simple watch admirer at all the nice watches here

I do hope you find the above useful to your shopping.
                              Happy shopping and enjoy your honeymoon!!
                              Thanks bro for the detailed explanation! Looks like its gonna be a tough hunt for me... If I buy from say, paid advertisers here, is there a way I can validate the authenticity of the watch?

Comment

• Porky pig is spot on.

For me watch hunting is part of the fun when I travel. I dont normally have a tight agenda when traveling so can afford to spend time looking around.

Just do your maths properly. But if u are in a hurry as long as price is right just get it. Even if same price as grey dealers I prefer getting direct from shops cos of service and also better piece of mind (personal thing).
                                elusive

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X