Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White explorer 2

Hi all,

Did a quick search but found nothing regarding the paint work on both hour and minute hands.

Just realised that the paint work on sides of the hands are terrible. It looks like "tear drop" or peeling.

Went down RSC to check, they told me its normal. They even show me a Z series having the same problem. The painting is supposed to be on the top side of the hands only, no painting on the other sides.

I guess it due to the paint dripped to the sides of the while drying

Anyone can verify?

Beats me too.

Btw, I heard recently that the black painted parts are in white gold, similar to that of the black dial version. Is this correct?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Beats me too.

Btw, I heard recently that the black painted parts are in white gold, similar to that of the black dial version. Is this correct?
      I check with the service advisor too, she told me is ss.

Any white exp 2 can look at your hands and see if the paint work is the same as mine?

Tks!

Comment

Why not post some pics of your watch?
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Pics certainly can help us to understand the issue clearer...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i have tried to take pic but just can't capture the paint work in detail.

let me try to explain:

- imagine the sword hand blown up 10 x
            - looking from the side, you will see the sword edge parallel to the ground
            - the black paint is on the blade so you cant see from this position
            - the sword edge is not painted, therefore i supoosed it should clean. But mine looked like "tear drop" painting or patches of peeling paint.

Hope my description is clear enough.

Comment

Bro, is this the pic u want? This is taken from my P series polar. From top down is swee but from an angle this appears.... Didn't notice till I saw ur post and took a closer look. Hope this helps.... Sad that the quality like That but I still love my polar...
              相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Originally posted by Ray_Watches View Post
                Bro, is this the pic u want? This is taken from my P series polar. From top down is swee but from an angle this appears.... Didn't notice till I saw ur post and took a closer look. Hope this helps.... Sad that the quality like That but I still love my polar...
                Hi ray,

Thanks! That exactly what i am trying to say. U have good skill to capture such detail huh!

Ya! Quite disappointed with such quality. Cant believe rsc said this is norm. Neverthe less, Just like you, still love both my exp2. Will just wear and enjoy them.

Cheers!

Comment

Fyi, the svc advisor cliamed she just learned abt such issue, and i am the first one she encoumtered. Should i be proud for being detail, got prize or not? Haa...............

Comment

I learned from fellow forumer. It's taken the photo through an eye loupe. Ya think you're the first and maybe u can name the flaw also... And thank you for pointing this out for I have learned something new today.
                    Cheers,
                    Ray
                    相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

No wonder it has been said that " Picture tells a thousand words "

Tx for sharing
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I didn't know tat either. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Upon hearing this, i shd go back to get a good look on my exp2...
                          Current:
                          No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by msmurf View Post
                            I check with the service advisor too, she told me is ss.

Any white exp 2 can look at your hands and see if the paint work is the same as mine?

Tks!
                            White dial hand is SS and how about the Black dial. SS or white gold?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X