Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first SUB

hi guys,

looking for a sub date in SS at the moment, have a few questions that i hope u can help me with.

1. understand that there are 2 variants - with and without the ceramic bezel. i cannot see the physical difference between the 2 from my googling- and most shops do not carry the non ceramic one anymore. the price diff is in excess of 1k between the 2. any comments on which to get?

2. older series like M/Z series vs the latest V series, any physical difference. that is, if i can get a good condition older series one at a cheaper price, does it justify the purchase?

3. was previously undecided between the sub and the gmt master, which is a better purchase? have got no need for the GMT hand, neither do i wear the watch to dive, but just like the timeless design of both the series.

4. would want to go the grey market way or try the 2nd hand shops or the garage here. any advcie on this for a first time buyer? i deem the savings to be significant in excess of 20% in some cases, this will allow me to get a daily banger like the planet ocean or U1. LOL

TIA!

My preference is GMT II, but some people differ due to the clustered bezel. GMTII should be slightly lower priced than the Sub Ceramic in the pre-owned market.

Comment

Well, guess is personal preference... Perhaps you should ask yourself which you prefer to own and wear it and that's important factor... New piece is definitely good as you know you will get a piece of mind when you purchase from reputable AD... You should do more homework before you decide to get one from 2nd hand or garage here... Good luck and happy hunting...
      His
      - Raymond Weil Ref. 9110ST
      - TAG HEUER Ref. 669.213
      - TAG HEUER Ref. CAF1112.BA0803
      - SEIKO Ref. 7T32-7H10
      - SEIKO Ref. SARC017
      - Rolex Submariner Ref. 116613LB S/YG
      - Rolex DSSD Ref. 116660 SS

Hers
      - Raymond Weil Ref. 9991
      - Burberry Ref. 02845 BU1050
      - TAG HEUER Ref. WN131K.BA
      - Tudor Ref. 22010
      - Rolex DJ 31mm Ref. 178343 S/YG (green dial)

Comment

Originally posted by rabid View Post
        hi guys,

looking for a sub date in SS at the moment, have a few questions that i hope u can help me with.

1. understand that there are 2 variants - with and without the ceramic bezel. i cannot see the physical difference between the 2 from my googling- and most shops do not carry the non ceramic one anymore. the price diff is in excess of 1k between the 2. any comments on which to get?

2. older series like M/Z series vs the latest V series, any physical difference. that is, if i can get a good condition older series one at a cheaper price, does it justify the purchase?

3. was previously undecided between the sub and the gmt master, which is a better purchase? have got no need for the GMT hand, neither do i wear the watch to dive, but just like the timeless design of both the series.

4. would want to go the grey market way or try the 2nd hand shops or the garage here. any advcie on this for a first time buyer? i deem the savings to be significant in excess of 20% in some cases, this will allow me to get a daily banger like the planet ocean or U1. LOL

TIA!
        1. Visual difference between the two is less conspicuous. Physically, though, the one with ceramic bezel (116610) has wider lugs and shinier bezel and bigger markers. On which to get? I will personally go for the older model (16610).

2. I assume it is the 16610 you are referring to because there is no Z/M series for the 116610. No difference. Purchase is justified if the price is right.

3. This is a very personal choice. Again, I will choose the Submariner.

4. Buying from any source you mentioned is again, personal. Some like it new; others do not mind it pre-owned. Some buy from the ADs for a peace of mind and/or has good discount for it, others do not mind to do more "leg work" (negotiate with/meet seller, check watch, authenticate, etc).

Hope that you will get your watch soon
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

good afternoon,

Thanks for your replies guys.

enthu- what are some of the assignments for the homework i am supposed to complete? under the simple impression that as long as authenticated and in good condition as verified by RSC, a pre-loved set should be safe to buy. pls enlighten me?

Ocean- yes its the 16610, if there is no discernible difference physcially between the older and newer series, i might as well be looking for a < 2yo piece still under warranty, right? of course after doing the neccesary home work! this should cost me in the region of ard 6 k i gather?
          I am leaning towards the sub at the moment, due its simpler design and more hardy construct.
          why would u prefer the older model? because of the price or the design?

baba- is there a GMT ceramic bezel? that would be def priced above the sub if there is such a thing eh

TGIF!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X