Daytona WG Black Dial 116509

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona WG Black Dial 116509

I'd like to ask what's the best price AD's are offering the White Gold Black Dial Daytona 116509 for.

What sort of discount can be obtained below retail?

Also, is this model available through parallel import?

Does the WG retain its resale value as well as the SS black dial?

I was planning to get the SS Daytona. But the 116509 looks quite striking, and I don't mind paying extra if the WG is not more than double the SS price.

Thanks.
    Last edited by dsdfan99; 11-08-08, 01:30 AM.

Wow! We share the same taste, also interested to know the info listed by you.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
    SS SD,
    SS YM,
    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Hi, I'm nt sure if my info is obsolete but I came across a WG daytona late last year at one of the THG outlets. I took it out to try n made enquiries n was told that it costs @$40k+. Aftr discount, it was like $35k-$36k range.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Hi, I'm nt sure if my info is obsolete but I came across a WG daytona late last year at one of the THG outlets. I took it out to try n made enquiries n was told that it costs @$40k+. Aftr discount, it was like $35k-$36k range.

wow, double the price of SS Black. Wonder how many is pre-owned?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
        SS SD,
        SS YM,
        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Preowned would be something like 26-28k if I am not wrong.

Discounts for gold models are the most...coz their prices are high also....at least about 15% onwards...cash should be +3%

And watches with gold lose value faster than anything...and it's not as desirable as compared to the SS daytona due to the higher price. So resale would be alittle bit challenging coz of the high price...but of course not impossible if u want to sell cheap

Parallel importers don't really take in this model...coz of low demand...usually they take in the popular models like the SS Sub,SS Daytona etc...
          Last edited by Darkangel; 11-08-08, 09:50 AM.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks Darkie,

One of my friend brought a Diamond WG Daytona with leather strap for $43k BNIB but sold as pre-owned, Blink blink.... My eyes also blinking....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
            SS SD,
            SS YM,
            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by dsdfan99 View Post
              I'd like to ask what's the best price AD's are offering the White Gold Black Dial Daytona 116509 for.

What sort of discount can be obtained below retail?

Also, is this model available through parallel import?

Does the WG retain its resale value as well as the SS black dial?

I was planning to get the SS Daytona. But the 116509 looks quite striking, and I don't mind paying extra if the WG is not more than double the SS price.

Thanks.
              The 116509 has softened a lot since coming out. Just before it appeared here, people were paying above list for it, something like SGD 45,000 - 48000! But now it has really plunged in price. I suspect you can get it much lower than SGD 35000 for the brand new ones. If you don't mind something that has been lightly used, you may want to consider the 95% condition pre-owned. Price is around SGD 25,000 I was told.

But should you get tired of it later, not easy to sell off. So I would still advise you to buy the 116520 Daytona.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                The 116509 has softened a lot since coming out. Just before it appeared here, people were paying above list for it, something like SGD 45,000 - 48000! But now it has really plunged in price. I suspect you can get it much lower than SGD 35000 for the brand new ones. If you don't mind something that has been lightly used, you may want to consider the 95% condition pre-owned. Price is around SGD 25,000 I was told.

But should you get tired of it later, not easy to sell off. So I would still advise you to buy the 116520 Daytona.
                Extremely useful advice, Oceanklassik, Darkangel and Reborn. Thanks!

Comment

Do you happened to know anyone got problem for letting go his 116509B? I can help him....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Will bear you in mind for future watch selling if any of my collector friends want to sell.

Comment

Will bear you in mind for future watch selling if any of my collector friends want to sell.
                      Thanks in advance Bro...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

the striking red markers dial the 1st thing that strike me.
                        that is something you can't find in the SS model.

BUt if u place both side by side, looks the same interms of material lol

Comment

Originally posted by varas View Post
                          the striking red markers dial the 1st thing that strike me.
                          that is something you can't find in the SS model.

Tone of both watches is different

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by varas View Post

When you pick up the WG and the SS, there is a world of difference in they way the feel. Not just the weight but the texture of the surface.

Especially when you wear them on your wrist, SS and WG also feel very different.

Comment

Originally posted by dsdfan99 View Post
                              When you pick up the WG and the SS, there is a world of difference in they way the feel. Not just the weight but the texture of the surface.

Especially when you wear them on your wrist, SS and WG also feel very different.
                              You have expressed it well, Cheers!
                              In addition, psychological effect is something for you to feel it...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                              SS SD,
                              SS YM,
                              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...