Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged rolex

Hi guys
    My kid threw my explorer 11 from the second floor. It landed on a wet drain with shattered glass but the body still intact. Further damaged the watch stop working and some scraches on the white surface. Can it send for repair and service. Thanks.

Definitely can. Only that you have to be prepared for the high cost of repair. How much? I don't know.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

wow... the kid is gonna get a big one from you once you see the bill from rolex service centre.

at the minimum; i believe you will be looking at $150+ to change the crystal. another $800-ish to service the movement.

add more if change of case/bracelet is required.

i had a 6694 that was damaged thru my carelessness. cost me about S$2k++ to do a full rebuild. however everything except the movement was changed. case, case back, crystal, hands, dial, service, bracelet...
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

better keep them out from your kids after sending for repair works. Luckily u stayed 2nd floor thou

Comment

Be prepared to pay a bomb for the repair. Maybe u wanna consider getting a 2nd hand as u may pay a few k more for it.

Comment

based on my 6694 incident; parts will end up about $1500 (2008 prices). Add another $800 to service mov't. a rough estimate would put the repair bill in the region of $2500 me thinks. i believe exp2 selling about $4000-4500 in preowned market.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks Guys
              It will expensive lesson and not to let your kid plays with your watch. Anyway may scout around to the damaged costs..Any reliable sources?

Comment

Thanks guys
                An expensive lessons not to let your kid play with your watch. Prepared to high cost for it but will scout around. Any reliable sources?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X