Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TT Dilemma

Hi All,

Was at WP this afternoon with the intention to check/buy the TT sub, even brought cash there ... but eventually when they show all TT sports model (Sub, GMT II, YM, Daytona) side by side staring at me, suddenly my mind went blank ... really do not know what do I want !

Sub at abt $10.7K, is the most affordable of the lot. But standing beside the GMT II, it's charm suddenly vanished !

YM at abt $11K plus, is a nice choice. But never consider this model.

GMT IIc at abt $13K plus, is where my heart is. But it's beyond my budget.

Daytona at abt $16K plus, is the ultimate. But with SS model at $1K away, it seems less attractive. Anyway it's way way way beyond my budget.

sigh ... as I was really lost, in order not to buy on impulsive, I walked out of WP with money still in my pocket, decided to think over the weekend before I commit ....

Question ... should I go for the TT sub (my original plan), or should I stretch my budget for the GMT IIc, or should I just settle for a SS GMT IIc (a few available here), or should I go for the white face Explorer II (my 1st love) and keep the rest of the money ???

I know eventually it's still my decision, but any views from fellow bros ?

Cheers
    RED DEVIL
    cHeErS ... Red Devil

Past:
    1. Rolex Sub ND (14060M - F series)
    2. Ball Mad Cow

Present:
    1. Rolex SS DJ (116200 - M series)
    2. Rolex TT Blue Sub (16613 - M series)
    3. Rolex White Dial Explorer 2 (16570 - V series)
    4. Glycine Incursore 46mm automatic
    5. Tissot V8 41mm

Future aka Wishlist:
    1. PAM (0, 5, 111, 112 or 104)
    2. Deepsea

Stretch for the TT GMT IIc...you will enjoy it...ALOT. Hahaha...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Stretch for the TT GMT IIc...you will enjoy it...ALOT. Hahaha...
      haha .. is Darkangel a devil ? that lure innocent boy like me to the poison !!

Am considering the SS version too ...
      cHeErS ... Red Devil

Past:
      2. Ball Mad Cow

Present:
      5. Tissot V8 41mm

Future aka Wishlist:
      2. Deepsea

Comment

Originally posted by Red Devil View Post
        haha .. is Darkangel a devil ? that lure innocent boy like me to the poison !!

Am considering the SS version too ...
        You think neh?

You how old....simi innocent boy...I think I am younger than u hehe

Well depends on you la...I love gold...so TT is the way to go...but if u want something for everyday wear...SS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Well depends on you la...I love gold...so TT is the way to go...but if u want something for everyday wear...SS
          I already have a SS DJ thus thinking of a TT (something different mah) ... but the extra few thousand is really headache Any idea what's the "right" price for the TT GMT IIc here ? they quoted me $13.8K, which I have yet to slash further ... if $12K plus think my decision could be a lot easier !
          cHeErS ... Red Devil

Past:
          2. Ball Mad Cow

Present:
          5. Tissot V8 41mm

Future aka Wishlist:
          2. Deepsea

Comment

I think someone just sold a new condition TT GMT IIc at the garage..for 12.7k? He's bringing in 1 more I think..

Go see the sold sections

Comment

My personal view

Hi All,

Was at WP this afternoon with the intention to check/buy the TT sub, even brought cash there ... but eventually when they show all TT sports model (Sub, GMT II, YM, Daytona) side by side staring at me, suddenly my mind went blank ... really do not know what do I want !

Sub at abt $10.7K, is the most affordable of the lot. But standing beside the GMT II, it's charm suddenly vanished !

YM at abt $11K plus, is a nice choice. But never consider this model.

Daytona at abt $16K plus, is the ultimate. But with SS model at $1K away, it seems less attractive. Anyway it's way way way beyond my budget.

sigh ... as I was really lost, in order not to buy on impulsive, I walked out of WP with money still in my pocket, decided to think over the weekend before I commit ....

Question ... should I go for the TT sub (my original plan), or should I stretch my budget for the GMT IIc, or should I just settle for a SS GMT IIc (a few available here), or should I go for the white face Explorer II (my 1st love) and keep the rest of the money ???

I know eventually it's still my decision, but any views from fellow bros ?

Cheers
              RED DEVIL
              Don't buy anything with gold lah. Not even two tone. Gold, especially yellow gold, looks too loud. A watch should be nice but understated. Stainless Steel or White Gold is my preferred choice. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                Don't buy anything with gold lah. Not even two tone. Gold, especially yellow gold, looks too loud. A watch should be nice but understated. Stainless Steel or White Gold is my preferred choice. But that's just me.
                Well white gold too ex and looks like SS mah..and besides...it's personal preference...hehe I personally like a solid YG watch and I am like less than 20 yrs old hahhaa...

Comment

Buy GMT IIc TT, then sub TT, then Daytona TT, then YM TT, 4 TT for sport series only... buy buy and bye your money...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                  SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                    Buy GMT IIc TT, then sub TT, then Daytona TT, then YM TT, 4 TT for sport series only... buy buy and bye your money...
                    Wah lau really have to say

Comment

Today my friend bought a TT GMT IIc, wow, very beautiful. my target is Daytona TT.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

This friend of mine also loves TT watches

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                        Today my friend bought a TT GMT IIc, wow, very beautiful. my target is Daytona TT.
                        Told him many times to buy Stainless Steel but he just wouldn't listen, I give up......
                        Last edited by Reborn; 09-08-08, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                          Told him many times to buy Stainless Steel but he just wouldn't listen, I give up......
                          I have all the SS series....... what for buy some more?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

as i say, never stretch your budget. coz it is never ending.

if nothing is smiling @ u, keep money in pocket..
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

It seems that you now yearns for the GMT IIc TT. My advice is to stretch your budget till it meets what your heart desires.

You are buying a big ticket item. So do not rush into it. Make sure what you finally get is what you really want.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X